Will Harper ever visit Turkey?

So HG hijacks this thread to show Israel supporting the fight against genocide in Sudan. You created the hijack and support HG in this.

This thread is not about that. Note that I responded to him in the same way as you and I assume that he dislikes the neg as much as you as well. :p

Regardless.

Well I am not really sure what you are looking for then.

Are you saying that all nations should comply with UN resolutions? Or that Turks are evil and wicked people? Or that the sky is blue? Or that chocolate milk comes from a chocolate cow?

Something bad happened to Armenians and the Turks were responsible. No one really denies that. Turks see it one way..other people see it another way. They were asked to "apologize" and didn't. That should be the end of the story. Because no one really has any standing to force them to do something they don't want to do. And why it's such an issue among the right wing..and Israelis..is pretty suspect.

So..if you want..in the interest of your thread's harmony..

I agree something terrible happened to the Armenians..and I agree that the Turks were responsible. Those are the facts.

Happy?

Oh, I doubt very much that he wants THAT!!! :lol:

I think Turkey needs to man up and own what happened to the Armenians, America takes full blame for slavery and throwing the Japanese in internment camps during WW2, you have to own your mistakes as well as your accomplishments.

Please.

America's forgotten more "bad things" then has admitted to them.

I think America is a far more positive then negative country..but it has it's share of dark moments.

I don't get the big deal, why shouldn't Turkey just own this and admit it? its not like its a big secret anymore, this is like the US trying to deny slavery or slaughtering the Native Americans.

Where is the official U.S. acknowledgement?

Please.

I think America is a far more positive then negative country..but it has it's share of dark moments.

I don't get the big deal, why shouldn't Turkey just own this and admit it? its not like its a big secret anymore, this is like the US trying to deny slavery or slaughtering the Native Americans.

Open a US History book, its in there.

Please.

Well Clinton on Slavery..

President Clinton did so in 1998 when he said:

“Surely every American knows that slavery was wrong, and we paid a terrible price for [it], and that we had to keep repairing that.

"And just to say that it's wrong and that we are sorry about it is not a bad thing.

"That doesn't weaken us."

BBCCaribbean.com | An apology for slavery

You are also minimizing the act of genocide by attempting to attach a human identity to it in general so that you can then attempt to create comparisons as if those comparisons show a moral equivalence.

:doubt:

Where are the Armenians in Turkey? No one wants to respond to this for some reason.

Google Armenians in Turkey

where are the armenians in turkey - Google Search

Armenians living nowadays in Turkey are a remnant of a once much larger community that existed for hundreds of years and long before the establishment of the Sultanate of Rum. Estimates for the number of Armenian citizens of the Ottoman Empire in the decade before World War I range between 1.3 to 1.8 million. During the Ottoman Empire, the Armenians of Turkey were active in business and trade, just like the Greeks and Jews[3] of Turkey.

Now the thread is wide open to anyone and any hijack.

I'm done here. :p

Well Clinton on Slavery..

President Clinton did so in 1998 when he said:

“Surely every American knows that slavery was wrong, and we paid a terrible price for [it], and that we had to keep repairing that.

"And just to say that it's wrong and that we are sorry about it is not a bad thing.

"That doesn't weaken us."

BBCCaribbean.com | An apology for slavery
That's why I didn't bold the slavery part.

The denial of the Armenian Genocide is the assertion that the Armenian Genocide did not occur in the manner or to the extent described by scholarship. Denial of the Armenian Genocide is forbidden in some countries. The Armenian Genocide is widely acknowledged by genocide scholars to have been one of the first modern, systematic genocides,[1][2] as many Western sources point to the sheer scale of the death toll as evidence for a systematic, organized plan to eliminate the Armenians.[3]

The Republic of Turkey,[4] as well as the Republic of Azerbaijan,[5] do not accept that the Ottoman authorities attempted to exterminate the Armenian people.[6] The Turkish government acknowledges that during World War I many Armenians died, but counters that Muslim Turks died as well, and claims that the number of Armenian victims has been inflated, and that massacres were committed by both sides as a result of inter-ethnic violence and the wider conflict of World War I.[6]

Armenian Genocide denial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Translation: my argument has no substance, so I will slink away.

He also conveniently forgets that during WWII the Turks allowed Jewish people fleeing Europe to come to Istanbul...and if they chose..to have safe passage to Palestine.

Like so many others, ol' Ropey has a dagger ready for the back of Turkey.

No, you just want to propel your agenda which is to deflect.

I've said my piece. Anyone can read my view and ascertain my thoughts.

Repetition would be useless to my view. :lol:

And triply so to you and Sallow. :doubt:

It's not who stays here the longest boys.

:rofl:

Here's for me. Why don't all of us hehehehe "younger kids" just call it a draw. (please hang in with me I'm approaching a _______fill in the blank decade of life. so I'm having fun calling others basically young whipper snappers.)

Say that our ancestors really were freaking jerks and did really bad things to each other on a mass scale.

Have done. Move on. Why are all of us still arguing what happened eons ago? Jerks. Moronic sociopaths who never came to the family dinner on Sunday. And that my father and my uncle never had a chance to take "hunting".....yeah yeah thats the ticket it was a stray bullet.....

Be the kid going "I had an uncle called Adolph?????" and then move on.

Last edited:

He also conveniently forgets that during WWII the Turks allowed Jewish people fleeing Europe to come to Istanbul...and if they chose..to have safe passage to Palestine.

Turkey, if memory serves me well was a serious conduit for Jews running for their lives. As was Holland.

Now though there is a serious problem with uber conservative Islamists who want to literally take out the moderates.

It's a time bomb I've been watching for some time.

Turkey, if memory serves me well was a serious conduit for Jews running for their lives. As was Holland.

Now though there is a serious problem with uber conservative Islamists who want to literally take out the moderates.

We have the very same problem here. Except the "Islamists" are "Evangelists".

Sans bombing vests hello??????

And without anyone like the mother of all suicide chicks. I've yet to see a nun who would convince parishioners to rape a virgin and then convince the raped virgin to seek redemption by blowing herself up.

Man that's one bitch from hades. I don't think they have executed her yet. I'm looking forward to the moment though.

Sans bombing vests hello??????

And without anyone like the mother of all suicide chicks. I've yet to see a nun who would convince parishioners to rape a virgin and then convince the raped virgin to seek redemption by blowing herself up.

Man that's one bitch from hades. I don't think they have executed her yet. I'm looking forward to the moment though.

They are using trucks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMrYeMTXifc]YouTube - ‪news footage from Oklahoma bombing‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back