Will God Silence an Average American Joe today?

Why would He wants to silence you? He gave you your freedom to choose and think for a reason.

I wouldn't go tempting him though. Because God is not one to be mocked.

According to The Bible, God has a special place in hell for me because I know the story of Jesus and not only choose to consider its Divinity bullshit, but I actively speak my mind, and I use Gods Word in my efforts to convince the rest of y'all that it's crap.

If God wanted to boost his standing in the polls, taking me out on a dark and stormy night, especially on a night when I challenge Him directly, would do just that.

Here is me, directly and pointedly mocking God to His face, not loosing sleep and walking about the world the next day bragging about it because The God of The Bible is imaginary. So is The God of The Koran, if that matters to any readers.

Why? What do you care what another's personal beliefs are? If a christian said that, all hell would break loose on here and we'd be told to not shove our beliefs down other people's throats. Quit proselytizing!!! I don't care what you believe or don't believe so why are you so arrogant that you feel it's necessary to tell me that I'm the one that's wrong and that I should think like you do? Why are you being so damn judgmental???? :eek:

If you don't like my opinion of religion, don't read my threads.

Nobody cares if a Christian wants to talk all day about Jesus - we just thank God for the scroll button - the problem arises when a Religious person desires a LAW to promote or prevent a behavior based on religious beliefs - i.e. denial of gay couples the same rights as straight couples.

Welcome to America - the land of free speech.

According to The Bible, God has a special place in hell for me because I know the story of Jesus and not only choose to consider its Divinity bullshit, but I actively speak my mind, and I use Gods Word in my efforts to convince the rest of y'all that it's crap.

If God wanted to boost his standing in the polls, taking me out on a dark and stormy night, especially on a night when I challenge Him directly, would do just that.

Here is me, directly and pointedly mocking God to His face, not loosing sleep and walking about the world the next day bragging about it because The God of The Bible is imaginary. So is The God of The Koran, if that matters to any readers.

Why? What do you care what another's personal beliefs are? If a christian said that, all hell would break loose on here and we'd be told to not shove our beliefs down other people's throats. Quit proselytizing!!! I don't care what you believe or don't believe so why are you so arrogant that you feel it's necessary to tell me that I'm the one that's wrong and that I should think like you do? Why are you being so damn judgmental???? :eek:

Nobody cares if a Christian wants to talk all day about Jesus - we just thank God for the scroll button - the problem arises when a Religious person desires a LAW to promote or prevent a behavior based on religious beliefs - i.e. denial of gay couples the same rights as straight couples.

Perhaps you are like that, but there are many that are just as I described. And you brought up an excellent point, every time I ask what law is being pushed on the basis of religious belief, I hear crickets chirping. And that's my point, we agree that it's a free country, and that if someone wants to speak about their beliefs, they should be free to do so, and not told to shut up. Nice to know we agree then. :lol:

Perhaps you are like that, but there are many that are just as I described. And you brought up an excellent point, every time I ask what law is being pushed on the basis of religious belief, I hear crickets chirping. And that's my point, we agree that it's a free country, and that if someone wants to speak about their beliefs, they should be free to do so, and not told to shut up. Nice to know we agree then. :lol:

Well that, and the fact that I do proselytize with regards to my belief in Evolution, because I don't want to see my fellow humans waste any more time on religion than is absolutely necessary.

I challenge God and religion boldly and in public because I care. Not as much as Care4All, but I do care.

Well that, and the fact that I do proselytize with regards to my belief in Evolution, because I don't want to see my fellow humans waste any more time on religion than is absolutely necessary.

I challenge God and religion boldly and in public because I care. Not as much as Care4All, but I do care.

And that's typically why Christians do the same, but it's never accepted as that though. I don't happen to think that evolution and religion are at odds though, I guess it depends on how you interpret the Bible. But, in nature, I see intelligent design in pretty much everything you can study or look at. The synergy between all living creatures and the planet is truly amazing, it's a huge complex system and I think the odds are very low that it happened by accident. We consider ourselves 'smart', yet we still don't know 99% of what is out there to know. So, in my opinion, it's simple logic that tells me our existance isn't an accident. Whether you believe in God or follow a religion, I just don't see how you can ignore thsoe odds.

Why would He wants to silence you? He gave you your freedom to choose and think for a reason.

The Lord gives all of us, including the most vile (Which i doubt you qualify for), the opportunity to repent and turn to Him. Be careful what you ask for, because He may give it to you. I wouldn't tempt God like that. I am sure His will will be done.

The Lord gives all of us, including the most vile (Which i doubt you qualify for), the opportunity to repent and turn to Him. Be careful what you ask for, because He may give it to you. I wouldn't tempt God like that. I am sure His will will be done.

In my humble opinion, for what its worth, I'm not vile. I actually believe myself to be fairly well liked and easy going, truth be told... thanks for doubting.

The problem with me and repentance before God is that I've 'been there, done that'.

That and I'm certain in my heart that The Bible, The Koran, and all the ancient creation stories are all 100% human in their inspiration and 0% divine.
I'm as certain of that today as I was that Jesus was 'the way, the truth and the light' back in the 90's. The 'certainties' of life are interesting, to say the least.

I simply can't force my attitude and beliefs back to a time when I knew less than I know now. Not and remain honest with either myself or with God.

He could do it without a lightning bolt. But why would you want Him to?

I don't 'want' Him to - I challenge him to. There is a HUGE difference.

And He will do it, or something like it, in His OWN time. Maybe He's giving you a chance to change your mind?

Nope.

I'm a genuine lost cause, religiously speaking.

And it's not like I don't expect to die.... one of these dark and stormy nights my number will be up, and I have no knowledge of what to expect, in spite of 10,000 years of human speculation.

In my humble opinion, for what its worth, I'm not vile. I actually believe myself to be fairly well liked and easy going, truth be told... thanks for doubting.

The problem with me and repentance before God is that I've 'been there, done that'.

That and I'm certain in my heart that The Bible, The Koran, and all the ancient creation stories are all 100% human in their inspiration and 0% divine.
I'm as certain of that today as I was that Jesus was 'the way, the truth and the light' back in the 90's. The 'certainties' of life are interesting, to say the least.

I simply can't force my attitude and beliefs back to a time when I knew less than I know now. Not and remain honest with either myself or with God.

What didn't you know back then that you know now that caused you to change your mind and lose your faith?

And that's typically why Christians do the same, but it's never accepted as that though. I don't happen to think that evolution and religion are at odds though, I guess it depends on how you interpret the Bible. But, in nature, I see intelligent design in pretty much everything you can study or look at. The synergy between all living creatures and the planet is truly amazing, it's a huge complex system and I think the odds are very low that it happened by accident. We consider ourselves 'smart', yet we still don't know 99% of what is out there to know. So, in my opinion, it's simple logic that tells me our existance isn't an accident. Whether you believe in God or follow a religion, I just don't see how you can ignore thsoe odds.

I am not necessarily in direct opposition to some sort of intelligent design, although I see it as unlikely. My thesis is that if God exists, She is so much bigger than could ever be contained in ALL the ancient stories, let alone one over the others. The ancient stories are just that: Ancient stories. Guesses, wishes, dreams and fears. Nothing more.

What didn't you know back then that you know now that caused you to change your mind and lose your faith?

This program (in its entirety) is a pretty good summary of the facts surrounding my realization that The Bible wasn't even a very good guess.

The value to the ancient stories lies in their preservation of the written word. Even the ancients knew that by being the first to write down their traditional stories and preserve them through the ages, they were changing the course of our history:

"And The Word was God....."​

Last edited:

This program (in its entirety) is a pretty good summary of the facts surrounding my realization that The Bible wasn't even a very good guess.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV6A8oGtPc4]Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey (Part 1 of 13) - YouTube[/ame]

The value to the ancient stories lies in their preservation of the written word. Even the ancients knew that by being the first to write down their traditional stories and preserve them through the ages, they were changing the course of our history:

Thanks, when I have time I'll try to check it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV6A8oGtPc4]Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey (Part 1 of 13) - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks, when I have time I'll try to check it out.

I know that Netflix has it in their library - comes on PBS every so often too. It's an amazing story of an amazing journey and it's written in our DNA. Finding out how closely related we all are both explains war and makes it quite baffling.

Looks like God either doesn't care or He likes me!

:thewave:

Of course I do! I love everyone!

John 3:16: "For so loved the world that gave [my] one and only son, that whoever believes in [me] shall not perish but have eternal life."

Your being God in a hamster suit explains the trick with scissors.

Thanks for that informative post!!

Looks like God either doesn't care or He likes me!

:thewave:

John 3:16: "For so loved the world that gave [my] one and only son, that whoever believes in [me] shall not perish but have eternal life."

No Problem! And it's a Guinea pig. My real appearance was too threatening to most people!

God.png

No Problem! And it's a Guinea pig. My real appearance was too threatening to most people!

God.png

Thanks again.....

I'm going to say that it's as good a thing that you're powerful as it is that I'm pretty.

Forum List

Back