Will food prices go up with all the flooding and destruction in the mid west?

Floods in Midwest: Will you pay more for food after extreme weather?

The bomb cyclone and flooding that damaged a huge section of U.S. Midwest farmland in March could cost you at the grocery store.

I never even heard of bomb cyclone before.

I think this is all a hoax. Because right wingers told us the climate is not changing.

Will food cost more? Or is it all just a made-up media story?

You don't live that far away and you have nothing better to do, why don't you go check it out and report back to us.

The bomb cyclone and flooding that damaged a huge section of U.S. Midwest farmland in March could cost you at the grocery store.

I think this is all a hoax. Because right wingers told us the climate is not changing.

You can't deny the flooding or call it a hoax. It happened. Since the Midwest still produces much of our food, it's only obvious it would cost more if there is less available...…..you know, that supply & demand thingy. But I doubt it will be just the food prices effected, but other products as well.....that are made from the corn/soybeans, etc.

One good thing at this point is that the flooding happened early enough in the year, there may be a slight chance the land may recover enough to grow crops...but then comes the question of farmers ability to plant & harvest them.

PS...……….it's kinda pathetic how you can always put that political spin on every thread

You don't live that far away and you have nothing better to do, why don't you go check it out and report back to us.

pssst……...I think he's locked himself in that proverbial basement dontcha know

• Banned
Yeah laugh at farmers who lost everything. It doesn’t surprise me.

Who did we blame climate change on before there was man? The freaking Nile River has been flooding for eons! Who did we blame that on?

It’s a recently made up term, for the likes of you. Flooding has occurred there throughout millennia.

Last edited:

pssst……...I think he's locked himself in that proverbial basement dontcha know

I think I saw him post once he goes to Cubs games.
He's probably one of those old guys who steal foul balls from little kids.

The CTA don't go that far, that's why Rderp cant loot and riot in the rich suburbs

upload_2019-3-29_11-41-29.jpeg

Yeah laugh at

The CTA don't go that far, that's why Rderp cant loot and riot in the rich suburbs

View attachment 252889
I live across the street from Wrigley Field. I can walk to the games.

You can't deny the flooding or call it a hoax. It happened. Since the Midwest still produces much of our food, it's only obvious it would cost more if there is less available...…..you know, that supply & demand thingy. But I doubt it will be just the food prices effected, but other products as well.....that are made from the corn/soybeans, etc.

One good thing at this point is that the flooding happened early enough in the year, there may be a slight chance the land may recover enough to grow crops...but then comes the question of farmers ability to plant & harvest them.

PS...……….it's kinda pathetic how you can always put that political spin on every thread
That’s because politics affects us terribly. Look at Republicans right now trying to take away healthcare from 20 million Americans, that’s all politics.

The Farm Belt faces an expensive cleanup after already-costly record flooding

The flooding even damaged stored soybeans and corn that we normally would’ve sold to China but because of the Chinese tariffs those crops are sitting in buildings that got flooded.

We’ve never had a president before that caused this much damage to the country in such a short amount of time.

I thought Bush was bad with this fake wars and his tax cuts for millionaires.

But Trump with this tax cuts for billionaires and his tariffs and his attack on the blind, autistic children and the disabled.

Trump is a monster and Republicans are monstrous for supporting him.

That’s because politics affects us terribly. Look at Republicans right now trying to take away healthcare from 20 million Americans, that’s all politics.

The Farm Belt faces an expensive cleanup after already-costly record flooding

The flooding even damaged stored soybeans and corn that we normally would’ve sold to China but because of the Chinese tariffs those crops are sitting in buildings that got flooded.

We’ve never had a president before that caused this much damage to the country in such a short amount of time.

I thought Bush was bad with this fake wars and his tax cuts for millionaires.

But Trump with this tax cuts for billionaires and his tariffs and his attack on the blind, autistic children and the disabled.

Trump is a monster and Republicans are monstrous for supporting him.

No one is taking anything from anybody.
Everyone will be free to purchase the healthcare insurance they want.

Forum List

Back