Will evangelicals choose Giuliani over faith?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gunny, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    This is one reason why Guiliani will not win the Presidency as a GOP candidate. He will alienate a good portion of conservatives.

2. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    While they may not like it...I don't believe for a second that a far-right voter would let Hillary Clinton become President because they were mad that the Republicans nominated a moderate.

The "theory" is that the Christians will just stay home...but if the choice is between one pro-choice candidate who is a Republican who believes in keeping taxes low, strong national defense, tough immigration laws, blah blah blah and one pro-choice candidate who is a Democrat who thinks that we should leave Iraq immediately, that we must raise taxes as soon as possible blah blah blah....I don't think that they will...just my opinion.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Rudolph... Tough immigration laws :rofl:

If Rudolph wins the nomination, I WILL FUCKING VOTE FOR HILLARY just to stick it to the dumbfucks who support this bald, lisping asshole.

4. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Compared to the Democratic candidates...almost any Republican candidate looks tougher on immigration.

Please note, I'm not saying that I would like Giuliani as a candidate - only that I don't feel for a second that the Christian Right is going to "stay away" from the polls - allowing the Democrats to win to "punish" the right for nominating someone less than their ideal.

5. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Wasn't accusing you of being a Rudolph supporter. Just saying, in my own way, that I'd prefer Hillary because EVERYONE and their mother will form an alliance for the sole purpose of resisting her.

6. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    snowman wrote:
    So you're saying that you would support a candidate for President simply because everyone else is against him/her? In the world of education we call that Oppositional Defiance Disorder. :)

7. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    the seriousness of the Religious Right. If it ain't about wealth and power what the hell is it about?

As a result, the RR is so splintered right now I don't think they are capable of having any significant impact on American politics for years to come.

8. Nevadamedic

Nevadamedic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Nope, once again personal attacks against a candidate that he knows could beat his.

Giuliani just got some major religious endorsements this week, he has no idea what he is talking about.

9. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    Did Pat Robertson Just Defend China's One-Child Policy ...Pat Robertson in deep trouble after defending China's one-child policy ... why he supports improved trade relations with China when the country's one-child ...
    www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/aprilweb-only/4-16-32.0.html - 53k -

ya a religious leader that supports abortion

10. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    Hard core Evangelicals are becoming a small minority, religious people may not like abortion or gay marriage, but they are also supposed to be Christians. And to be a genuine Christian is to practice tolerance, after all they ain't God.

Hilliary will have a hard go regardless of anything she believes because she is a woman. America is technologically advanced but when it comes to women backward. Equal rights didn't even pass in this male dominated theocratic social darwinist country. When she worked on health-care for everyone, something all Christians, all people should support, she was quickly put in her place by the chauvinistic American public.

I will vote for her if she gets the nomination, it is about time we moved out of the 15th century republican universe.