Will Ethics Committee Investigate New Allegation Against Maxine Waters?

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
With Representitive Maxine Waters' ethics trial on hold, it appears that the reason is that there is a new charge against her.

[SNIP]

The House Ethics Committees says it will take up its charges against Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) following its trial of Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY). But what exactly will it consider?

Last August, the congresswoman was charged with violating House ethics rules, for allegedly helping to steer over $12 million in federal bailout funds to a bank in which her husband had a substantial financial stake. Investigators say that Rep. Waters violated conflict-of-interest rules when she set up a meeting between OneUnited Bank officials and the U.S. Treasury Department.

In the interim, the Washington Times reported that Waters co-sponsored legislation that directly benefited one of the top clients of a lobbying group that had her husband on the payroll.

Lobbying records show that lobbyist Mike Roos paid Rep. Waters' husband Sidney Williams $15,000 for his work as a consultant on a Los Angeles real estate project during the first quarter of 2009. During the same time period, Rep. Waters co-sponsored a bill that Roos was lobbying for, which aimed to overturn a federal ban on seller-funded down-payment assistance programs.

[/SNIP]

With Representitive Maxine Waters' ethics trial on hold, it appears that the reason is that there is a new charge against her.

[SNIP]

The House Ethics Committees says it will take up its charges against Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) following its trial of Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY). But what exactly will it consider?

Last August, the congresswoman was charged with violating House ethics rules, for allegedly helping to steer over $12 million in federal bailout funds to a bank in which her husband had a substantial financial stake. Investigators say that Rep. Waters violated conflict-of-interest rules when she set up a meeting between OneUnited Bank officials and the U.S. Treasury Department.

In the interim, the Washington Times reported that Waters co-sponsored legislation that directly benefited one of the top clients of a lobbying group that had her husband on the payroll.

Lobbying records show that lobbyist Mike Roos paid Rep. Waters' husband Sidney Williams $15,000 for his work as a consultant on a Los Angeles real estate project during the first quarter of 2009. During the same time period, Rep. Waters co-sponsored a bill that Roos was lobbying for, which aimed to overturn a federal ban on seller-funded down-payment assistance programs.

[/SNIP]

Maybe in 4 months but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

[SNIP]

[/SNIP]

Maybe in 4 months but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Not likely...but just sit and watch the Statists blame Republicans for the process San Fran Nan started...

with representitive maxine waters' ethics trial on hold, it appears that the reason is that there is a new charge against her.

will ethics committee investigate new allegation against maxine waters?

[snip]

the house ethics committees says it will take up its charges against rep. Maxine waters (d-ca) following its trial of rep. Charles rangel (d-ny). But what exactly will it consider?

Last august, the congresswoman was charged with violating house ethics rules, for allegedly helping to steer over $12 million in federal bailout funds to a bank in which her husband had a substantial financial stake. Investigators say that rep. Waters violated conflict-of-interest rules when she set up a meeting between oneunited bank officials and the u.s. Treasury department.

In the interim, the washington times reported that waters co-sponsored legislation that directly benefited one of the top clients of a lobbying group that had her husband on the payroll.

Lobbying records show that lobbyist mike roos paid rep. Waters' husband sidney williams $15,000 for his work as a consultant on a los angeles real estate project during the first quarter of 2009. During the same time period, rep. Waters co-sponsored a bill that roos was lobbying for, which aimed to overturn a federal ban on seller-funded down-payment assistance programs.

[/snip]

maybe in 4 months but i doubt it will happen any time soon.

not likely...but just sit and watch the statists blame republicans for the process san fran nan started...

i guess this will be one of the first test of the new crop of elected officals.

maybe in 4 months but i doubt it will happen any time soon.

not likely...but just sit and watch the statists blame republicans for the process san fran nan started...

And whether or not they have the gumption...of the will of the people thatelected them to get rid of the elected criminal element in Congress.

And whether or not they have the gumption...of the will of the people thatelected them to get rid of the elected criminal element in Congress.

Now I can truely say I hope change has come to America:eusa_whistle:

I'm not sure the case against Waters will go anywhere; there's a ginormous difference between her alleged conflict of interest and Rangel's flagrant fleecing constituents and supporters. However, there are other Dems lined up behind her for investigation and trial.

I think the Black Congressional Congress should pass the hat and hire a lawyer with ethics expertise to keep them on the straight and narrow.

I'm not sure the case against Waters will go anywhere; there's a ginormous difference between her alleged conflict of interest and Rangel's flagrant fleecing constituents and supporters. However, there are other Dems lined up behind her for investigation and trial.

I think the Black Congressional Congress should pass the hat and hire a lawyer with ethics expertise to keep them on the straight and narrow.

:clap2::lol:

Forum List

Back