Will Establishment GOP Deep Staters Sabotage Tax Reform?

The Original Tree

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2016
OHIO
I believe just like they did with repealing Obamacare, The GOP will make a FAKE Attempt at passing Tax Reform. There will be a couple unexpected so called "Mavericks" that will give the "Thumbs Down" at the last minute citing some PETTY OBJECTION as to why they did.

Does anyone agree with me on this?

If the U.S economy were run as it were in the 1930's, there would be no stopping America. You need to return to that time and generate a strong middle class. That is one of many reasons America was so dominant and the entire world envied the wealth generating liberty loving nation of America.

Everyone had discretionary income to spend, the government was out of the economy leaving it to free market capitalism, innovation and invention was high and taxes were low.

Here is a graph that shows the destruction of the American Middle Class from 1950's on.

60 Years of American Economic History, Told in 1 Graph

In the 60 years after World War II, the United States built the world's greatest middle class economy, then unbuilt it. And if you want a single snapshot that captures the broad sweep of that transformation, you could do much worse than this graph from a new Pew report, which tracks how average family incomes have changed at each rung of the economic ladder from 1950 through 2010.

Here's the arc it captures: In the immediate postwar period, America's rapid growth favored the middle and lower classes. The poorest fifth of all households, in fact, fared best. Then, in the 1970s, amid two oil crises and awful inflation, things ground to a halt. The country backed off the postwar, center-left consensus -- captured by Richard Nixon's comment that "we're all Keynesians now" -- and tried Reaganism instead. We cut taxes. Technology and competition from abroad started whittling away at blue collar jobs and pay. The financial markets took off. And so when growth returned, it favored the investment class -- the top 20 percent, and especially the top 5 percent (and, though it's not on this chart, the top 1 percent more than anybody).

I believe just like they did with repealing Obamacare, The GOP will make a FAKE Attempt at passing Tax Reform. There will be a couple unexpected so called "Mavericks" that will give the "Thumbs Down" at the last minute citing some PETTY OBJECTION as to why they did.

Does anyone agree with me on this?
Do you even know anything about tax reform?

I strongly suspect you do not know a thing, and will only parrot what your propagandists and the apprentice tell you to.

"Will Establishment GOP Deep Staters Sabotage Tax Reform?"

This is called poisoning the well, boys and girls. I'm sure the tard was provided this cup of piss by one of his favorite propagandists, and he had to run here to regurgitate it as a pseudo-moral obligation.

This is called poisoning the well, boys and girls. I'm sure the tard was provided this cup of piss by one of his favorite propagandists, and he had to run here to regurgitate it as a pseudo-moral obligation.

You will come to realize that the unoriginal twiggy is a mouth piece of people like Bannon and sites like InfoWars!

Maybe poisoning the well, but imo it's giving him too much credit for knowing how "a bill becomes a law." that old video shows McCain's distain for what McConnell tried to do, and even what his friend Graham tried to do.

My guess is tax reform is no 50-50 at best. It's Oct and the rank and file members, let alone the dems, haven't seen any actual bill There's been no committee mark up. It's way too late for any hearings. When Reagan proposed a pretty radical move that left rates far higher than we see now, it was debated. Most of us thought it was at best suspect, but we had an undending recession, and he won, so Reagan got support.

How can the gop now show something's deficit neutral? There just isn't time to do the math. People won't support cutting taxes primarily for the rich if it increases deficts. No one buys supply side anymore, and we really didn't buy it then.

The Federal government alone taxes, borrows, and spends over $13,000 a year for every man, woman, and child in the country. That's $52,000 for a family of four. $4 TRILLION dollars, trillion with a T. Add state and local taxes its insane.

Forum List

Back