Will Donald Trump Be Impeached?

I think we need proof he committed crimes first. People are WAY jumping the gun here.
Although he has a unique "style," his decisions have been WELCOME to conservatives and Republicans and nearly 80% still support him.
Impeachment by an arm chair psychologist or because he's a jerk is not going to work and it's muddying the waters for when impeachment might actually be called for--after he has been shown to have committed "high crimes or misdemeaors." I wish all this impeachment talk had not even begun and it needs to stop NOW (except in liberals' dreams) until there is a good reason.
So what is a "high crime or misdemeanors," We the people are not involved in the impeachment process except to let our Senators and Representatives know that is what we want.

For years, progressives talked about Bush Jr. being impeached for "war crimes". Now we hear it every couple of weeks in the past year.......after Flynn........after Clapper........after Yates..........after Comey..........after Kushner.........after Manifort..........after Flynn........again.:funnyface::funnyface::fu:

Time to take up a hobby s0ns...........:popcorn:

1. The seriousness of the alleged offenses. Does the president’s behavior fall under the constitutional category of “high crimes and misdemeanors?” Have similar behaviors been the basis for impeachment proceedings in the past?
  2. The partisanship of pivotal votes in Congress. How much partisanship is there in Congress? Other things held equal, how likely is the decisive 67th senator to vote to remove a president from his own party?
  3. The president’s popularity. What are the president’s approval ratings? Does the public think he should be impeached? Has there been a “mandate” delivered by midterm elections or special elections? What do his numbers look like in states and congressional districts where members of Congress are on the fence about how to vote?
  4. The president’s relationship with Congress. Does the president generally have good relations with congressional leadership? Is his party’s legislative agenda intact? Does Congress feel as though the balance of power has been upset? Is the president cooperating with investigations into his conduct, or antagonizing Congress instead?
  5. Party control of Congress. Which party controls the House and — less importantly for impeachment purposes — the Senate?
  6. The line of succession. Who would take over for the president? Do leaders of the president’s party regard the replacement as an acceptable — or even preferable — alternative to the president?
Comment below>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wouldn’t mind seeing him get impeached. I prefer Pence.

He is the only one with the ballz to actually speak the truth about illegal immigration. However I now doubt the walls will ever happen or any serious regulations will be passed.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

1. The seriousness of the alleged offenses. Does the president’s behavior fall under the constitutional category of “high crimes and misdemeanors?” Have similar behaviors been the basis for impeachment proceedings in the past?
  2. The partisanship of pivotal votes in Congress. How much partisanship is there in Congress? Other things held equal, how likely is the decisive 67th senator to vote to remove a president from his own party?
  3. The president’s popularity. What are the president’s approval ratings? Does the public think he should be impeached? Has there been a “mandate” delivered by midterm elections or special elections? What do his numbers look like in states and congressional districts where members of Congress are on the fence about how to vote?
  4. The president’s relationship with Congress. Does the president generally have good relations with congressional leadership? Is his party’s legislative agenda intact? Does Congress feel as though the balance of power has been upset? Is the president cooperating with investigations into his conduct, or antagonizing Congress instead?
  5. Party control of Congress. Which party controls the House and — less importantly for impeachment purposes — the Senate?
  6. The line of succession. Who would take over for the president? Do leaders of the president’s party regard the replacement as an acceptable — or even preferable — alternative to the president?

I wouldn’t mind seeing him get impeached. I prefer Pence.

He is the only one with the ballz to actually speak the truth about illegal immigration. However I now doubt the walls will ever happen or any serious regulations will be passed.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I concur. That makes Pence the best impeachment/assassination insurance available.

"High crimes and misdemeanors" was an English law, never passed in the US. Johnson was charged with 11 crimes. As I remember the tenth was for yelling at the Congress.

No, there will be no impeachment because the tax reform bill will stimulate a lot of growth prior to the 2018 election.

The question for Republicans: is Trump doing damage to the party. If they believe he is and they see their job in danger, some may prove to the nation that they will not tolerate a bad president, Republican or no. The most important thing to both Republican and Democrat Congressmen is their job.

Last edited:
Not unless some really damaging information surfaces that we know nothing about now. I have no doubt that if the Dems and retake the House that Pelosi would be only too happy to bring impeachment proceedings against Trump, BUT -

it won't matter cuz the Senate will not convict him and remove him from office, again unless some really damaging information surfaces. I would suspect that absent that eventuality if the Dems did vote to impeach Trump in the House they would lose the House in 2020 and they probably know that. I don't know that the bitter divisiveness and animosity that exists today will eventually cool off, but that day will be extended for some time to come if the Dems go off the deep end. Cuz right now they got nothing in the way of impeachable offenses against Trump.

1. Well, treason and bribery are supposed to be good reasons. I'm not sure the bribery related to Trump U. is going to be brought up before Congress. Not sure about the sexual allegations either, but Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about a consensual blow job. I think the Russia stuff and various financial things are more serious.

2. This is probably the most important point.

3. It might affect the vote of some Congressmen.

4. Not sure this is as important as party affiliation.

5. Same as 2.

6. At this point, it seems Ryan as Pence is dragged into the scandal as well. Maybe Ryan will be dragged into the scandal also, he may have known certain things and not made them public.

New Topics

Forum List

Back