Will Donald Trump Be Impeached?

ALEX23

Rookie
Dec 1, 2017
  1. The seriousness of the alleged offenses. Does the president’s behavior fall under the constitutional category of “high crimes and misdemeanors?” Have similar behaviors been the basis for impeachment proceedings in the past?
  2. The partisanship of pivotal votes in Congress. How much partisanship is there in Congress? Other things held equal, how likely is the decisive 67th senator to vote to remove a president from his own party?
  3. The president’s popularity. What are the president’s approval ratings? Does the public think he should be impeached? Has there been a “mandate” delivered by midterm elections or special elections? What do his numbers look like in states and congressional districts where members of Congress are on the fence about how to vote?
  4. The president’s relationship with Congress. Does the president generally have good relations with congressional leadership? Is his party’s legislative agenda intact? Does Congress feel as though the balance of power has been upset? Is the president cooperating with investigations into his conduct, or antagonizing Congress instead?
  5. Party control of Congress. Which party controls the House and — less importantly for impeachment purposes — the Senate?
  6. The line of succession. Who would take over for the president? Do leaders of the president’s party regard the replacement as an acceptable — or even preferable — alternative to the president?
Comment below>>>>>>>>>>>>

No, and the top news today is the US Military praising president Trump and bashing Obama. Basically the US Military said Obama was a stupid micromanager who got a lot of people killed and president Trump is awesome. Why would a president so popular with the US Military be impeached? He wouldn't.

Did we not just get done with impeachment? Did you think it didn't happen? Only 58 democrats voted for impeachment. What does that tell you?

No, and the top news today is the US Military praising president Trump and bashing Obama. Basically the US Military said Obama was a stupid micromanager who got a lot of people killed and president Trump is awesome. Why would a president so popular with the US Military be impeached? He wouldn't.
I can see why.

0c54e71918617eacc5be26b8425b9b03--donald-trump-donald-oconnor.jpg

And at this time he will claim illness or fake illness and take a Dence pardon for federal crimes.

I can see why.

Hillary once threatened to annihilate Iran, we couldn't allow that nutter to become president :itsok:

I can see why.

And at this time he will claim illness or fake illness and take a Dence pardon for federal crimes.
You are an Indonesian Twitter troll.

1. The seriousness of the alleged offenses. Does the president’s behavior fall under the constitutional category of “high crimes and misdemeanors?” Have similar behaviors been the basis for impeachment proceedings in the past?
  2. The partisanship of pivotal votes in Congress. How much partisanship is there in Congress? Other things held equal, how likely is the decisive 67th senator to vote to remove a president from his own party?
  3. The president’s popularity. What are the president’s approval ratings? Does the public think he should be impeached? Has there been a “mandate” delivered by midterm elections or special elections? What do his numbers look like in states and congressional districts where members of Congress are on the fence about how to vote?
  4. The president’s relationship with Congress. Does the president generally have good relations with congressional leadership? Is his party’s legislative agenda intact? Does Congress feel as though the balance of power has been upset? Is the president cooperating with investigations into his conduct, or antagonizing Congress instead?
  5. Party control of Congress. Which party controls the House and — less importantly for impeachment purposes — the Senate?
  6. The line of succession. Who would take over for the president? Do leaders of the president’s party regard the replacement as an acceptable — or even preferable — alternative to the president?
Comment below>>>>>>>>>>>>

He won't be impeached. Not unless they find a cum-stained blue dress, then maybe.

I didn't read the OP as leaning necessarily toward Impeachment but rather asking relevant questions to the plausibility of Impeachment. I don't see it, but I do think there will be a full court press next year on sexual harassment claims against the President to bring him down.

I can see why.

Hillary once threatened to annihilate Iran, we couldn't allow that nutter to become president :itsok:
So if she did. And would never do so.

As she said.

She backs “massive retaliation” if Iran attacks Israel, saying at the time:

I want the Iranians to know that if I’m president, we will attack Iran. In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them.”

But..

Trump threatened to "totally destroy" North Korea. I asked 8 experts how worrisome that is.
Remember Iran when dealing with North Korea

I didn't read the OP as leaning necessarily toward Impeachment but rather asking relevant questions to the plausibility of Impeachment. I don't see it, but I do think there will be a full court press next year on sexual harassment claims against the President to bring him down.

And that will fail too. Mostly it will fail because by next year the claims of "Meeee Toooo Flu" will have run their course and be done. The male rebellion will start among democrat men who will be done with scapegoating to "eventually make republicans look bad".

The midterm elections will change the whole situation. And it will not be good for the Orange Idiot.
Of course, Mueller will almost certainly shoot him down before that.

Forum List

Back