Will doctors have to accept aca?

No doctors won't have to accept the obamatax. Many doctors have already said they will quit. Some will go to direct pay or concierge service. What will happen to obamatax is that there will be a severe shortage of doctors with a waiting time of months before you get to see one. According to the proponents of obamatax, the shortage of doctors will be dealt with by the use of physician assistants and nurse practioners having expanded responsibilities.

Currently doctors don't accept all insurances, and damn few accept medicare/caid.

So if they can refuse to accept it, what becomes of obamacare?
I'm embarrassed for you.

And I for you.

TT hit the nail on the head. Few accept government insurance.

Few will even take a L@I claim. Since the plan cuts payments to doctors. You look even more foolish.

Intentional??

From what I understand, the exchanges will include the biggest insurers (BC/BS; Aetna, etc.) and of course the doctors will accept those.

However, I suspect it will create an oligopoly because smaller non-profits will no longer be able to compete given the amount of regulations. These large companies have been working on this long before the Supreme Court ruling.

The oligopoly will be able control the prices with the government's blessing (and cash).

Eventually the public will have enough, and a single payer system will be created. I honestly believe that's been the plan all along, and the exchanges were just a way to pay off Big Insurance for now.

The best doctors will be providers to the rich who can afford to pay. The poorly performing doctors will take obamatax.

ABC11 assembled a team of volunteers with the help of the AARP to be "secret shoppers" looking for a new doctor. We discovered it can be very difficult for Triangle transplants and people aging up into Medicare eligibility to find one.

"It affects everyone. It's a nonpartisan issue because we all face the issue of growing older, dealing with the issues that our parents go through," offered AARP State Director Doug Dickerson.

We had our volunteers randomly call family physicians using a list from the North Carolina Medical Society. Our volunteers found nearly 50 percent of the 200 doctors they called are not taking new Medicare patients.

Doctors who take Medicare scarce | abc11.com

The number of Texas doctors willing to accept government-funded health insurance plans for the poor and the elderly is dropping dramatically amid complaints about low pay and red tape, according to a survey by the Texas Medical Association.

Only 31 percent of Texas doctors said they were accepting new patients who rely on Medicaid, the health insurance program for the poor and disabled, in the survey provided to The Associated Press on Sunday. In 2010, the last time the survey was taken, 42 percent of doctors accepted new Medicaid patients. In 2000, that number was 67 percent.

Fewer Texas doctors willing to accept Medicare, Medicaid patients because of low pay, red tape

I had an interesting conversation with my doctor's wife who manages his office. She said they now have to wait 4-8 months to get paid by the government. She is trying to convince him NOT to accept any new Medicaid or Medicare patients because they simply can't cover their expenses with that slow pay. He's a good guy who would never turn down any patient, but it might get to the point where they have no choice.

How will the ACA protect those people who will soon be put on the Medicaid roles?

Listen. I question that study too, simply because 80 percent of any profession could get the same results. We've all thought about doing something else. HOWEVER, if you ask how many physicians would advise their CHILDREN to go into medicine, I think you'd find a similar number advising against it. There are several docs I know whose college aged children are going into engineering or anything but health care.

And doctors will also come and go.. why is it such an issue when we all know that most doctors does not accept healthcare plans?

New Topics

Forum List

Back