Will Dirty Harry ( not reid either ) make Mitts day

Eastwood isn't just a celebrity. He was a highly successful politician in his own right and has been a public servant in appointed positions.
Eastwood was elected to be Mayor of Carmel, California ... population 3,722.

He's been far more than a one term mayor. Eastwood has worked both sides of the aisle as a public servant serving his state.

As a politician, Eastwood has made successful forays into both local and state government. In April 1986 he was elected mayor for one term in his home town of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California – a small, wealthy town and artist community on the Monterey Peninsula. During his term he tended towards supporting small business interests and advocating environmental protection.

In 2001 Eastwood was appointed to the California State Park and Recreation Commission by Governor Davis, then reappointed in 2004 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

As the vice chairman of the commission, in 2005 along with chairman Bobby Shriver, he led the movement opposed to a six-lane 16-mile (26 km) extension of California State Route 241, a toll road that would cut through San Onofre State Beach. Eastwood and Shriver supported a 2006 lawsuit to block the toll road and urged the California Coastal Commission to reject the project, which it duly did in February 2008.

In March 2008 Eastwood and Shriver's non-reappointment to the commission on the expiry of their terms prompted the Natural Resources Defense Council (NDRC) to request a legislative investigation into the decision.

Governor Schwarzenegger appointed Eastwood to the California Film Commission in April 2004. He has also acted as a spokesman for Take Pride in America, an agency of the United States Department of the Interior which advocates taking responsibility for natural, cultural, and historic resources.

Clint Eastwood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry to burst your bubble. I am 1 hour away from Carmel and As much as I like Clint Eastwood I dislike his politics. His main goal as a 1 term Mayor of Carmel was to build his golf coarse, and get everything passed smoothly. I think Little Old Betty White and Doris Day of Carmel have done so much more for the community, than his stupid golf coarse.

Will Clint Eastwood Make GOP's Day? - Yahoo! News

There is a mystery guest supposed to announce Mitt tonight.. They are saying Clint might be one of them.. I am so happy we have Clint East wood on our side , THE ROCK, and Chuck Norris . Well the left has Michael Moore, Rose Ann Barr , and Chris Matthews lol

There are a few Hollywood stars that are conservatives. Of course Jon Voight--(Angelina Jolee's father)--

Here's a Hollywood black conservative--who would have guessed!

enhanced-buzz-17702-1288726994-16.jpg

Here's the other 40 stars that are conservative
40 Celebrities Who Are Republicans

Forum List

Back