Will democrats led by Pelosi break the house rules on ethics just to "get Newt"?

Well then.....

If Pelosi is a lying bitch....why doesn't Newt release the records and prove her wrong?

Are you so sure that he can?
Perhaps other members of congress are also cited in those records and Newt doesnt have the right to release them?
Furthermore, Newt is not a member of congress...so what kind of access does he have to confidential records within the halls of congress?
I'm also cuirious what he did that was "so bad".....I want to know now that Pelosi opnened that door...

But I am wondering if she set him up to fail....she wont release them and he has sworn not to speak of them...

That is a possibility you know.....

Pelosi is just firing a shot across the Republican bow

"If you thought Cain was bad, wait till the information on Newt comes out"

lol....rw...you are a good guy...and a smart guy...I know you dont believe that.

She has nothing to do with the GOP nor anything to do with the GOP primary.

She was out to corner the GOP frontrunner.

She should mind her own party....the dems have enough of their own issues to deal with.

Pelosi is just being smug

She knows the details of Newts investigation and is just telling Republicans...

Go ahead.......Make my day!
Right. Doubt it very much considering her history.

Well then.....

If Pelosi is a lying bitch....why doesn't Newt release the records and prove her wrong?

she says she's going to release the report which is public information. so newt can stop salivating...

Ah..so..the congress can essentially crawl up the asses of Democratic Presidents, like Obama and Clinton, in their quest to bring those guys down..but if it's done to a Republican? Hooboy..that's wrong.

:lol:

There is a difference though.

The 2 you mention are Presidents
The other guy is a POTENTIAL canidate for president

;)

Perhaps other members of congress are also cited in those records and Newt doesnt have the right to release them?
Furthermore, Newt is not a member of congress...so what kind of access does he have to confidential records within the halls of congress?
I'm also cuirious what he did that was "so bad".....I want to know now that Pelosi opnened that door...

But I am wondering if she set him up to fail....she wont release them and he has sworn not to speak of them...

lol....rw...you are a good guy...and a smart guy...I know you dont believe that.

She should mind her own party....the dems have enough of their own issues to deal with.

Please....

You do know we are talking about American politics here

Please....

You do know we are talking about American politics here

Jeez....I forgot.
Where is my head?????

Newt Gingrich Blasts Pelosi On Ethics Findings | ThirdAge

Newt Gingrich went on the defensive Monday after House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi threatened to reveal documents of an ethics investigation, the Los Angeles Times reported.

During a conference with billionaire developer and reality TV star Donald Trump, the Republican presidential candidate and former House speaker blasted Pelosi for threatening to reveal information.

“That’s a fundamental violation of the rules of the House and I would hope that members would immediately file charges against her the second she does it,” he said as quoted by the Los Angeles Times. “I want to thank Speaker Pelosi for what I regard as an early Christmas gift…I regard it as a useful education for the American people to see what a tainted political ethics operation Pelosi was engaged in.”

He added, according to CBS, that the investigation into his dealings were “capriciously political.”

Earlier today, Pelosi hinted to Talking Points Memo that she looked through a “thousand pages” of information related to a House investigation of Gingrich for tax and ethics violation—a panel that she was a member.

“One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi told Talking Points Memo on Monday as quoted by the Los Angeles Times. “When the time is right. … I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him, four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff."

Newt Gingrich was cleared on all ethics charges launched at him--except one which is minor.

It's against house ethics rules to release information brought up on ethics charges.

So Nancy Pelosi wouldn't risk it---after herself being outed for congressional insider trading recently by 60 minutes.
'60 Minutes' Uncovers Pelosi's Insider Stock Trades

Along with her brother-in-law receiving a 737 million dollar taxpayer loan.
Obama gives Nancy Pelosi’s brother-in-law $737 million dollar loan for “green energy” | PoliPundit.com

Furthermore--I really don't think the continual personal attack ads are going to work for democrats this year. The only reason they do it--is because they have nothing else to run on--and Americans are much smarter today--than they were in 2007/2008.

In fact, I consider Nancy Pelosi's attack on Newt Gingrich more of an endorsement--:lol:

lbfrlt-b78716044z.120101105164513000g20rfav5.1.jpg

Newt Gingrich Blasts Pelosi On Ethics Findings | ThirdAge

Newt Gingrich went on the defensive Monday after House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi threatened to reveal documents of an ethics investigation, the Los Angeles Times reported.

During a conference with billionaire developer and reality TV star Donald Trump, the Republican presidential candidate and former House speaker blasted Pelosi for threatening to reveal information.

“That’s a fundamental violation of the rules of the House and I would hope that members would immediately file charges against her the second she does it,” he said as quoted by the Los Angeles Times. “I want to thank Speaker Pelosi for what I regard as an early Christmas gift…I regard it as a useful education for the American people to see what a tainted political ethics operation Pelosi was engaged in.”

He added, according to CBS, that the investigation into his dealings were “capriciously political.”

Earlier today, Pelosi hinted to Talking Points Memo that she looked through a “thousand pages” of information related to a House investigation of Gingrich for tax and ethics violation—a panel that she was a member.

“One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi told Talking Points Memo on Monday as quoted by the Los Angeles Times. “When the time is right. … I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him, four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff."

Newt Gingrich was cleared on all ethics charges launched at him--except one which is minor.

It's against house ethics rules to release information brought up on ethics charges.

So Nancy Pelosi wouldn't risk it---after herself being outed for congressional insider trading recently by 60 minutes.
'60 Minutes' Uncovers Pelosi's Insider Stock Trades

Along with her brother-in-law receiving a 737 million dollar taxpayer loan.
Obama gives Nancy Pelosi’s brother-in-law $737 million dollar loan for “green energy” | PoliPundit.com

Furthermore--I really don't think the continual personal attack ads are going to work for democrats this year. The only reason they do it--is because they have nothing else to run on--and Americans are much smarter today--than they were in 2007/2008.

In fact, I consider Nancy Pelosi's attack on Newt Gingrich more of an endorsement--:lol:

lbfrlt-b78716044z.120101105164513000g20rfav5.1.jpg

Newt was not cleared. He made a deal to make ethics charges go away and accepted a $300,000 fine.

Let's see what those charges were and the evidence before we vote for the guy

OK that made little sense, now why don't you want to know what Newt did before you vote for him?

OK. Fair enough...

So let me ask you this....

During the Obama campaign, it was found that Obama had purchased a house/lot from Tony Resko. It was nothing of any consequence until the details were found out...
These are the basic details:

1) Tony Resko was found guilty of unethical business dealings and sent to jail
2) The property Obama bought from Resko was part of a larger plot of land.
3) The purchase price per suare foot for that partial lot was well below market value
4) Resko breaking up that plot of land into two smaller lots decreased the overall value of the plot of land.

Fox News questioned Bill Burton as to the details of the deal and Obamas relationship with Resko.

All Bil Burton would reveal and all the Obama camp would reveal was that nothing unethical was done.

So tell me.....why did you vote for Obama without knowing the details of why Resko, a now convicted felon, took a beating in a deal with Obama?

Dude that one HAS been gone over.

Nothing illegal happened.

Newt broke the laws and had to end up admitting he had broken the laws AND lied to the people investigating it.

He didn't break any laws, dipstick. He was only charged with violating House rules, and those charges are utterly dubious. Every member of Congress was doing the exact same thing as Newt. It was outrageously hypocritical.

OK. Fair enough...

So let me ask you this....

During the Obama campaign, it was found that Obama had purchased a house/lot from Tony Resko. It was nothing of any consequence until the details were found out...
These are the basic details:

1) Tony Resko was found guilty of unethical business dealings and sent to jail
2) The property Obama bought from Resko was part of a larger plot of land.
3) The purchase price per suare foot for that partial lot was well below market value
4) Resko breaking up that plot of land into two smaller lots decreased the overall value of the plot of land.

Fox News questioned Bill Burton as to the details of the deal and Obamas relationship with Resko.

All Bil Burton would reveal and all the Obama camp would reveal was that nothing unethical was done.

So tell me.....why did you vote for Obama without knowing the details of why Resko, a now convicted felon, took a beating in a deal with Obama?

Newt broke the laws and had to end up admitting he had broken the laws AND lied to the people investigating it.

He didn't break any laws, dipstick. He was only charged with violating House rules, and those charges are utterly dubious. Every member of Congress was doing the exact same thing as Newt. It was outrageously hypocritical.

Yet only Newt paid $300,000 which is a massive fine for misconduct. He also dropped out of public life because of it

There is a lot more there, Pelosi knows it and soon the rest of us will know it

Right. Doubt it very much considering her history.

Well then.....

He obviously didn't do ANYTHING bad, or they would have brought ethics charges against him for it. Pelosi is just slinging mud and hoping it sticks.

Newt's own party threw him out of Congress.
Anything that Pelosi might introduce is public.
BTW, Newt's successor, Bob Livingston, was thrown out for his womanizng. Livington was succeeded by Vitter, who did the same thing.

Last edited:
Newt's own party threw him out of Congress.
Anything that Pelosi might introduce is public.
BTW, Newt's successor, Bob Livingston, was thrown out for his womanizng. Livington was succeeded by Vitter, who did the same thing.

Obviously, something in the water

Yet only Newt paid $300,000 which is a massive fine for misconduct. He also dropped out of public life because of it

You are so gullible. Pelosi has recanted her promise to release anything. Says she didn't mean what she said. I guess we all should have known she was full of shit....like most blind partisans.

Ah..so..the congress can essentially crawl up the asses of Democratic Presidents, like Obama and Clinton, in their quest to bring those guys down..but if it's done to a Republican? Hooboy..that's wrong.

;)

and? should they wait til after he's president to talk about what a creep he is?

;)

and? should they wait til after he's president to talk about what a creep he is?

This is funny when you think back to Obama and the msm in the 08 election.

You are so gullible. Pelosi has recanted her promise to release anything. Says she didn't mean what she said. I guess we all should have known she was full of shit....like most blind partisans.

She has recanted nothing.....only given Republicans a heads up

Go ahead and run Newt and see what happens

I can't wait to watch Newt implode...it will be fun to watch
Then you can blame Pelosi

She has recanted nothing.....only given Republicans a heads up

Go ahead and run Newt and see what happens

I can't wait to watch Newt implode...it will be fun to watch
Then you can blame Pelosi

If the material she's sitting on (which she HAS now recanted claiming she's sitting on, btw) turns out to have been confidential and privileged, is it your contention, leftwinger, that she's free nonetheless to disseminate it?

When your ONLY "standard" is "double,"

you're a liberal Democratic.

Newts fine of $300,000 is less than his wifes line of credit at Tiffanys

Pocket change to Newt

Forum List

Back