Will Democrats ever learn to fight back?

Excerpt:
When will Democrats ever learn that giving in to bullies never works - never - not in a million election cycles. As every schoolyard victim knows all too well, when you give in to a bully he or she will just keep coming back, continually upping the ante - until, finally, after much misery, the victim is left with no choice but to either accept the pain and humiliation indefinitely or to finally fight back.
Bullying, of course, has been the right wing's political weapon of choice for well over a decade, but rarely has it been more starkly on display than in the last few weeks. The town hall bullies, backed up by both corporate
special interests and the right wing noise machine, have been making quite a splash. Recent polling suggests that their lies, as transparently foolish as they seem to those of us on the left, may actually be carrying the day.

Link

As someone on another thread stated: Pot, meet kettle.

meaning the Democrats have been bullies??? :eusa_eh:

I've had the luxury of seeing politics from both spectrums. Over the last decade I've had the luxury of an independant view, with a long term memory. Both sides constantly use the same tactics to varying degrees at varying times dependant upon what they feel the situation calls for.
For a current example: "We're going to do this (cram it down your gullets) whether you like it or not". Sounds like bullying to me.

As someone on another thread stated: Pot, meet kettle.

I've had the luxury of seeing politics from both spectrums. Over the last decade I've had the luxury of an independant view, with a long term memory. Both sides constantly use the same tactics to varying degrees at varying times dependant upon what they feel the situation calls for.
For a current example: "We're going to do this (cram it down your gullets) whether you like it or not". Sounds like bullying to me.

was it "cram it down your gullets whether you like it or not" or was it "We're going to do this" - a link to the exact quote, who said it and when would be helpful too.....

was it "cram it down your gullets whether you like it or not" or was it "We're going to do this" - a link to the exact quote, who said it and when would be helpful too.....

My apology, I should have indicated that I was paraphrasing.
But we can go back even further, Tammany hall, 1920s-30s Chicago and anti-ERA Southern Democrats just to name a few of the more extreme cases.
In my humble but accurate opinion (based on a lifetime of observation and historical readings) both sides are simply the same face of two different coins.

Excerpt:
When will Democrats ever learn that giving in to bullies never works - never - not in a million election cycles. As every schoolyard victim knows all too well, when you give in to a bully he or she will just keep coming back, continually upping the ante - until, finally, after much misery, the victim is left with no choice but to either accept the pain and humiliation indefinitely or to finally fight back.
Bullying, of course, has been the right wing's political weapon of choice for well over a decade, but rarely has it been more starkly on display than in the last few weeks. The town hall bullies, backed up by both corporate
special interests and the right wing noise machine, have been making quite a splash. Recent polling suggests that their lies, as transparently foolish as they seem to those of us on the left, may actually be carrying the day.

Link

You mean this kind of bullying?

Philadelphia_polling_place_security_patrols_2008.png

76e5c03b96de79747129eeea3447aed3.jpg

did someone get bullied or are you just scared of black men?

I'm not scared of any man. But these guys did intimidate folks trying ot exercise their constitutional rights. But of course you're a hypocrite and won't acknowledge it.

I'm not scared of any man. But these guys did intimidate folks trying ot exercise their constitutional rights. But of course you're a hypocrite and won't acknowledge it.

Elmer, how did they intimidate them ...it doesn't look like they were armed with automatic weapons? and can you prove they are Democrats?

LOL - "The negroes took our dates"

Standing there is intimidation. Standing there with an assault rifle is a constitutional right.

it just KEEPS getting sillier

Last edited:

But we can go back even further, Tammany hall, 1920s-30s Chicago and anti-ERA Southern Democrats just to name a few of the more extreme cases.
In my humble but accurate opinion (based on a lifetime of observation and historical readings) both sides are simply the same face of two different coins.[/QUOTe

I would like to stick to this administration and this century if I could... that way we stay current.

ashley-todd.jpg

A McCain campaign volunteer accused of making up a story about being robbed and assaulted in Pittsburgh by a black man who disliked her McCain bumper sticker will enter a program for first-time offenders.

Under the deal announced in court Thursday, 20-year-old Ashley Todd will be released from jail and required to undergo mental health treatment.

And your point is?

it's ok Elmer....think real hard for a day or two.:eusa_drool:

In my humble but accurate opinion (based on a lifetime of observation and historical readings) both sides are simply the same face of two different coins.[/QUOTe

I would like to stick to this administration and this century if I could... that way we stay current.

But that would make your argument unfairly lopsided based on the thread title and original post. Other than allowing facts that would negate your premise it seems you wish to view your side as morally superior regardless of the true reality.
I think I understand now. Have fun!

But that would make your argument unfairly lopsided based on the thread title and original post. Other than allowing facts that would negate your premise it seems you wish to view your side as morally superior regardless of the true reality.

my side?....oh and I see you still didn't back up your quote so I guess we can take that as a loss for your side?

my side?....oh and I see you still didn't back up your quote so I guess we can take that as a loss for your side?

I addressed that, maybe you missed it. It was my own paraphrase. Obama and the progressive Democrats have been saying for weeks they will pass this legislation with or without bipartisan support. Sorta like: we're going to cram this down your maw whether you like it or not. That is actually a form of bullying. That's all I was saying.
My side? You mean the middle fighting against both extemes? Uuuummmmm.......

"sort of like" is what passes for fact on your side...really?

my side? oh and talking about facts I see you weren't able to back your quote up at all so let's take that as a loss for your side....see ya and better luck next time you try and lie.

Maybe you should wait till I have responded before you open mouth and insert foot. Go back a couple of posts, you'll see my response there.

You realize that most municipalities have loitering laws that prohibit ANYONE from "remaining near a commercial or municipal entryway without a purpose"? And that standing there with a weapon is even worse?

Federal election law prohibits even an on-duty peace officer from standing near an election facility entrance with a gun or EVEN IN UNIFORM without a gun! Because some voters might be intimidated.

While I agree that you can't know these days who the gentlemen (*cough*) in berets were working for (sure, they could be plants), to say that loitering with a club in their hand isn't intimidating means you have no grasp of the law.

Last edited:
my side? oh and talking about facts I see you weren't able to back your quote up at all so let's take that as a loss for your side....see ya and better luck next time you try and lie.

Maybe you should wait till I have responded before you open mouth and insert foot. Go back a couple of posts, you'll see my response there.

you mean like you did with your bullshit quote and then spouting off on me about my supposed side and the facts.

I disagree - I don't advocate either party stooping to those tactics (although both have, from time to time). I think the American people eventually catch up and resent having been played for fools that way. Just look what happened in 2006 and 2008.

And after LBJ no Democrat stood a chance.

It all comes back to you.

just to clarify....this thread is about the current administration and the Democrats in this century.

Forum List

Back