Will Democratic Senators Read the Health Care Bill Before They Vote Yes?

In a country of over 300 Million people' a handful of morons will never stop this great bill!

I agree, that is why the numbers continue to grow!

Even if they pass something, it will be repealed in time and damage control will take place.

As your screen names turns into nothing but the remnants of a wet dream!

Obama is his own worst enemy!

Mike

47% say the private sector is a better choice
33% say a government option is better

47% Trust Private Sector More Than Government To Keep Health Care Costs Down, Quality Up - Rasmussen Reports™

In a country of over 300 Million people' a handful of morons will never stop this great bill!

Even if they pass something, it will be repealed in time and damage control will take place.

Mike

47% Trust Private Sector More Than Government To Keep Health Care Costs Down, Quality Up - Rasmussen Reports™

Isn't that a reason you deserve an OPTION??

Mike

I would love it if HR 3962 gave me an option but it dictates that I must buy coverage at a government determined level or face fines and/or jailtime :(

The first video actually has quotes from the bill in the 2nd half, the second video is pelosi playing dodgeball with a question about jailtime.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnDxqboVxMY[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUkzV8h3Wp0[/ame]

I would love it if HR 3962 gave me an option but it dictates that I must buy coverage at a government determined level or face fines and/or jailtime :(

The first video actually has quotes from the bill in the 2nd half, the second video is pelosi playing dodgeball with a question about jailtime.

Ok on the first video it says that if you don't buy insurance you are subject to an additional tax. Then it jumps to the law under the IRS where it says that if you "wilfully" fail to pay your taxes that you could found be guilty of a crime and then pay a fine or go to jail. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't neglecting to pay ones taxes one of the reasons you righties used to attack members of obama's administration?? And now you seem to be taking a view that directly contradicts the right's previous view all so you can once again attack obama.

Why is it that righties seem to believe that they can be on opposing sides of an issue in order to attack obama and still believe that they have any credibility??

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? LOL

Last edited:

Ok on the first video it says that if you don't buy insurance you are subject to an additional tax. Then it jumps to the law under the IRS where it says that if you "wilfully" fail to pay your taxes that you could found be guilty of a crime and then pay a fine or go to jail. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't neglecting to pay ones taxes one of the reasons you righties used to attack members of obama's administration?? And now you seem to be taking a view that directly contradicts the right's previous view all so you can once again attack obama.

Why is it that righties seem to believe that they can be on opposing sides of an issue in order to attack obama and still believe that they have any credibility??

Maybe it's because it has been said over and over and over again by the president and many others who are pushing this shit through, that this will NOT be a tax.

You know, it's one thing to be arrested for tax evasion...but to be arrested because you didn't pay your health care tax???

REALLY????? SERIOUSLY??? Can you explain your problem with this statement?

My answer to the question in the OP is this...

NO and for several reasons:

Obama said it WILL pass...or else
Pelosi told them not to waist their time
It doesn't apply to them...why should they care?
They get enough bad news already...why suffer through more?
Their consciences took a vote and decided they didn't need the extra work.

So of course they won't read it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnDxqboVxMY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUkzV8h3Wp0

Maybe it's because it has been said over and over and over again by the president and many others who are pushing this shit through, that this will NOT be a tax.

Really?? Can I get a quote and a link showing the exact context??

You know, it's one thing to be arrested for tax evasion...but to be arrested because you didn't pay your health care tax???

REALLY????? SERIOUSLY??? Can you explain your problem with this statement?

Actually they are (will be if billpasses as is) both crimes and what was listed as punishment were punishments if you wilfully fail to pay your taxes. if you have a porblem with that complain to the poster who presented it. Based on what was shown they are governed by the same laws so that makes them the same. Tax evasion it the same thing as tax evasion. You choosing not to label one as such proves nothing.

Got any more hypocritical spin??

Last edited:

Unfortunately, it's more than a handful. Insurance company lobbyists, not to mention the entire membership of the US Chamber of Commerce have spent nearly $400 million to stop any bill from passing. TV ads reaching into living rooms all over the country are out-numbering Geico ads. (Thank God for DVRs and Tvo.)

The fact that our so-called leaders do not read the legislation that they vote on, yea or nay, is something that crosses party lines. It does not matter what party they belong to, they all do it.

This isn't a partisan issue. This is an issue of poor job performance by our elected so-called leaders.

It should not matter what party you belong to, every us citizen should be against it. Our disapproval should be demonstrated at the voting booth if our cries fall on deaf ears.

Supposedly, they all now have to sign an affidavit that they HAVE read a bill that is sent to the president for signature.

The fact that our so-called leaders do not read the legislation that they vote on, yea or nay, is something that crosses party lines. It does not matter what party they belong to, they all do it.

This isn't a partisan issue. This is an issue of poor job performance by our elected so-called leaders.

It should not matter what party you belong to, every us citizen should be against it. Our disapproval should be demonstrated at the voting booth if our cries fall on deaf ears.
The voting booth is far to late.

It is time to get vocal now in opposition to this usurping of the sovereign rights of the people. If enough dissatisfaction cannot be expressed to stop this, citizens of this great nation will pay dearly for a very long time, or until our country collapses. Which ever comes first.

People have been making that dire proclamation for decades, and we've always dug outselves out and soldiered on. We will this time, too.

The voting booth is far to late.

It is time to get vocal now in opposition to this usurping of the sovereign rights of the people. If enough dissatisfaction cannot be expressed to stop this, citizens of this great nation will pay dearly for a very long time, or until our country collapses. Which ever comes first.

I agree that the citizenry needs to get real vocal to stop this and we could be paying dearly for a long time. i disagree that the voting booth is too late. I really do not think that our country will collapse within the next 3 years no matter what the current administration does or does not do.
If they pass this usurpation of power before we can vote them out, the voting booth won't make any difference.

When was the last time you witnessed any Congress actually removing a law once passed?

Congress doesn't "remove" a law. But there have been many laws overturned by court decisions. Congress can, however, discontinue funding for programs which has the same effect if that's where you're going.

Says the guy who can afford health insurance....

FYI- I do not have health insurance, nor do I seek health care. Try again. You have clearly shown yourself to be one of those who jumps to conclusions and assigns titles and actions to those you do not even know.
I respectfully refedr to my right to hold the opinion that you are a pinhead.

Where will you be treated if you're injured in a car wreck? Get cancer?

Did I say I did not admire you for that? SOME of us have hearts and are willing to provide for those less fortunate, that's all.
If some of you had heads to go with those hearts, you'd actually help people.

This legislation will harm more then it will help.

The fact that you can look a child in the eye and deny them the health insurance they need to grow and be healthy tells me all I need to know about your heart AND the head that goes along with it...

um a child doesn't need health insurance to grow.

when will you tax the shit out everyone liberals learn that this bill is an abomination?

the only people who will make out are the insurance companies. we will all get slapped with higher premiums and we will absolutely see higher taxes. i will guarantee a national sales tax will have to be implemented to pay for the skyrocketing costs to come.

Insurance is the problem. people have no idea what medical care costs and they cannot shop around for the best deals. the third party payer system has insulated medical services from market forces thereby keeping costs high.

So this bill that forces you to buy not any insurance such as an HSA with a deductible but rather a more expensive policy that covers all kinds of shit you may not need or want will do nothing but make us all poorer and those evil insurance companies richer.

And let's not forget that this bill also forces states with tight tort control and settlement limits which help keep the cost of medicine down to drop those laws. So count the fucking trail lawyers, who happen to be one of Obama's largest supporters, in on the gravy train at our expense.

Says the guy who can afford health insurance....
Says the guy who took control of his own life and provided for himself and his family. Something that should be admired, not ridiculed.

Best quote of the year right there....:clap2::clap2::clap2:

That's just something liberals will never understand... personal responsibility....

What's not to understand? It's just not always possible, that's what YOU don't understand.

Will the Republicans read it before they vote no.

The worst of partisan politics is coming out with health care reform.

Everybody agrees we need reform. Why didn't the Republicans do it when they controlled both houses and the Presidency.

The idiots from both parties are not willing to compromise to come up with reform.

Everybody is voting stictly on their party not on practical reform.

Their are many idiots on this thread who cannot think for themselves. They make decisions based on the party that backs it not the substance of the bill.

FYI- I do not have health insurance, nor do I seek health care. Try again. You have clearly shown yourself to be one of those who jumps to conclusions and assigns titles and actions to those you do not even know.
I respectfully refedr to my right to hold the opinion that you are a pinhead.

Oh great. ANOTHER moron who CHOOSES not to buy health insurance that I will have to pay medical bills for when he needs emergency care. Thanks alot. By the way, look in the mirror to find your pinhead.
Well, this is an interesting reply.

You do NOT want to pay for his health care because he exercises his rights as a free citizen and yet, you support legislation that forces you to pay for his health care through the government usurpation of rights.

[Sigh...] It's as though some people are just now entering the health care debate. WHAAAAT??? If someone chooses NOT to have health insurance (even though s/he can afford it), if that person suddenly needs medical care, the only place to get it is at a hospital, which jacks up its prices to INSURED PEOPLE in order to cover the cost of UNINSURED PEOPLE.

Well, this is an interesting reply.

You do NOT want to pay for his health care because he exercises his rights as a free citizen and yet, you support legislation that forces you to pay for his health care through the government usurpation of rights.

Comprehend much? I support the right of hospitals and like healthcare institutions to turn away Mr. "I don't seek medical attention" if he cannot provide proof of either insurance or liquidity enough to cover those medical expenses.
So much for that heart, eh?

I find this kind of thinking very telling.

It has begun to pervade our society that somehow, the exercising of liberty has now begun to be considered selfish.

BTW...I support the right of hospitals to bill patients for services rendered. It is up to the individual to find a way to pay for those services. Even if it amounts to just a $100 per month.

In other words, you're willing to pay three times the actual cost if you can do it in easy payments. Fine. Your decision.

Comprehend much? I support the right of hospitals and like healthcare institutions to turn away Mr. "I don't seek medical attention" if he cannot provide proof of either insurance or liquidity enough to cover those medical expenses.
So much for that heart, eh?

I find this kind of thinking very telling.

It has begun to pervade our society that somehow, the exercising of liberty has now begun to be considered selfish.

BTW...I support the right of hospitals to bill patients for services rendered. It is up to the individual to find a way to pay for those services. Even if it amounts to just a $100 per month.

And I support the right of our government to force individuals who carelessly consider only themselves when it comes to situation like this. Situations they have NO control over. IF they are hit by a bus tomorrow, AND cannot afford to pay for their medical care, all US tax payers are hit with it. How is this ANY different that forcing everyone to have insurance?

I think there's got to be a way other than forcing people to have insurance if they don't want it. I don't like that part. I wonder if Congress has considered penalizing someone who refused to get health care insurance ONLY when that person arrives at the emergency room and thereafter such penalties would double with each visit, if any. Or something like that.

Anyone honestly think they will?

Let me re-phrase... Anyone besides, Ravi and jillian? We know they will say yes...:lol:

Senate bill weighs in at 2,074 pages - Live Pulse - POLITICO.com

I've got news for you....republicans won't read it either. They will lie and say they did, but they won't

Thats what staff are for.
I wouldn't read over 1600 pages of legalese. You assign subject matter experts on your staff to read and highlight critical portions for you. To think that each and every congressman will read every sentence is naive

I hear that. It is equally as atrocious for the republicans to not read it as it is for the democrats to not read it.

Still the republicans being slackers doesn't justify people like conyors who blatantly admit they wont read it and just will vote yes.

Thats like pointing to bush's 6trillion dollar defecit and saying "see, obama's addition 5 trillion so far ain't that bad" Its lunacy.

Conyers is an exception. He has a lackey for everything.

Forum List

Back