Will Curbing Illegal Immigration Harm the Economy?

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by froggy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  2. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    Look. It has not helped the economy. How much worse can it get. If illegal aliens left, jobs would open up for americans and the money earned here would not be leaving here going into Mexico's economy, but back into ours making it stronger. $35 billions are sent to Mexico each year. $35 billion leaving this cournty has hurt the economy.

Not to mention the saving from not having to educate anchor babies, provice them will welfare, food stamps, incarceration and subsidized housing and HUD loans for home.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  3. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
  4. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,920
    How can having a bunch of poor unintelligent Mexicans be good for any country?

It's not even good for Mexico.

5. Cantancrus

Cantancrus BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My neighbor is an un-employed landscaper. My condo development brings in a company who employs illegals. They claim that they can't find Americans to do the job. I have have driven my neighbor to 3 interviews over the last 2 years with that very landscaping company. They won't hire him, but they will hire a bunch of guys that don't speak English. I don't believe that I'm the only one who's seen crap like this. It's time for the illegals to go back home and if we want them back, they can fill out some paperwork and come back for a little while.....and then go back home.

6. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,346
    In my opinion, the country would benefit enormously if we enforce all laws necessary to protect the rights of the citizens and promote the common welfare.

Every time we look the other way re illegal aliens invading our country, we have violated the rights of American citizens who have every right to expect their elected representatives to follow and enforce the law, and not force hard working Americans to support people for whom they have no legal responsibility.

Every illegal who accepts substandard wages from an unscrupulous employer is taking work from people who are playing by the rules.

You can go right down the line and identify dozens of ways that illegals are draining and stressing social services resources from education to healthcare to subsidized housing without returning much, if anything, to the economy to pay for it.

Yes, it is heart wrenching to meet an illegal, look him in the eye, hear his story, understand his situation, and think about making him leave and go back home. But the alternative is to overwhelm resources so that we are eventually unable to help anybody.

The answer of course is in times of low unemployment when we do need extra seasonal workers, we have a comprehensive guest workers program in place and bring in enough workers to do the job, and then make sure they go home again immediately. There must be provisions to ensure that such workers have adequate transportation, housing, food, and healthcare while they are here and that it won't be profitable to hire such workers if there are Americans willing and able to take those jobs.

Do that, and we greatly benefit the economy, help out a few neighors along the way, and continue to prosper as a country as well as restore respect and appreciation for the rule of law.

7. topspin

topspin BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
    I'm for stricter deportation than even the republiklans. But yes the economy is shit when you remove 20,000,000 low cost laborers. Nebraska tried kicking them out and wound up begging them to come back. Places like slaughter houses couldn't operate without them.

8. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    If you cannot operate a business without hiring below minimum wage illegals, then you are in the wrong business. I doubt any state begged for illegals to come there.

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,747
    Yes...especially if we do away with anchor babies. We will then enjoy zero population growth and there will be no one around to support the old farts (like Willow and froggy) that are all that are left as citizens and then the Chinese will take us over.

:lol:

10. topspin

topspin BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
    I doubt you'll bother to seek out facts, it was all over national news about a year or two ago.