Will Curbing Illegal Immigration Harm the Economy?

Look. It has not helped the economy. How much worse can it get. If illegal aliens left, jobs would open up for americans and the money earned here would not be leaving here going into Mexico's economy, but back into ours making it stronger. $35 billions are sent to Mexico each year. $35 billion leaving this cournty has hurt the economy.

Not to mention the saving from not having to educate anchor babies, provice them will welfare, food stamps, incarceration and subsidized housing and HUD loans for home.

Last edited:
How can having a bunch of poor unintelligent Mexicans be good for any country?

It's not even good for Mexico.

My neighbor is an un-employed landscaper. My condo development brings in a company who employs illegals. They claim that they can't find Americans to do the job. I have have driven my neighbor to 3 interviews over the last 2 years with that very landscaping company. They won't hire him, but they will hire a bunch of guys that don't speak English. I don't believe that I'm the only one who's seen crap like this. It's time for the illegals to go back home and if we want them back, they can fill out some paperwork and come back for a little while.....and then go back home.

In my opinion, the country would benefit enormously if we enforce all laws necessary to protect the rights of the citizens and promote the common welfare.

Every time we look the other way re illegal aliens invading our country, we have violated the rights of American citizens who have every right to expect their elected representatives to follow and enforce the law, and not force hard working Americans to support people for whom they have no legal responsibility.

Every illegal who accepts substandard wages from an unscrupulous employer is taking work from people who are playing by the rules.

You can go right down the line and identify dozens of ways that illegals are draining and stressing social services resources from education to healthcare to subsidized housing without returning much, if anything, to the economy to pay for it.

Yes, it is heart wrenching to meet an illegal, look him in the eye, hear his story, understand his situation, and think about making him leave and go back home. But the alternative is to overwhelm resources so that we are eventually unable to help anybody.

The answer of course is in times of low unemployment when we do need extra seasonal workers, we have a comprehensive guest workers program in place and bring in enough workers to do the job, and then make sure they go home again immediately. There must be provisions to ensure that such workers have adequate transportation, housing, food, and healthcare while they are here and that it won't be profitable to hire such workers if there are Americans willing and able to take those jobs.

Do that, and we greatly benefit the economy, help out a few neighors along the way, and continue to prosper as a country as well as restore respect and appreciation for the rule of law.

I'm for stricter deportation than even the republiklans. But yes the economy is shit when you remove 20,000,000 low cost laborers. Nebraska tried kicking them out and wound up begging them to come back. Places like slaughter houses couldn't operate without them.

I'm for stricter deportation than even the republiklans. But yes the economy is shit when you remove 20,000,000 low cost laborers. Nebraska tried kicking them out and wound up begging them to come back. Places like slaughter houses couldn't operate without them.
If you cannot operate a business without hiring below minimum wage illegals, then you are in the wrong business. I doubt any state begged for illegals to come there.

Yes...especially if we do away with anchor babies. We will then enjoy zero population growth and there will be no one around to support the old farts (like Willow and froggy) that are all that are left as citizens and then the Chinese will take us over.

:lol:

If you cannot operate a business without hiring below minimum wage illegals, then you are in the wrong business. I doubt any state begged for illegals to come there.

I doubt you'll bother to seek out facts, it was all over national news about a year or two ago.

I doubt you'll bother to seek out facts, it was all over national news about a year or two ago.

Your claim, you post any proof.

I live in S. Jersey where migrant farm workers are an essential part of the economy. Despite what people say, I honestly believe this is the kind of work that Americans refuse to do. But with that said, I don't know if they are illegal or guest workers and without E-verify, I'm not sure if the employers even know. Some have "good" papers. Its just a huge mess.

Yes...especially if we do away with anchor babies. We will then enjoy zero population growth and there will be no one around to support the old farts (like Willow and froggy) that are all that are left as citizens and then the Chinese will take us over.

Are you really counting on illegal aliens to support you in your senior years?

And do you really think Mexicans could stop the Chinese from doing anything?

I live in S. Jersey where migrant farm workers are an essential part of the economy. Despite what people say, I honestly believe this is the kind of work that Americans refuse to do. But with that said, I don't know if they are illegal or guest workers and without E-verify, I'm not sure if the employers even know. Some have "good" papers. Its just a huge mess.

I used to pick berries. There are no jobs Americans will not do, not for the right price, the illegals are not only taking our jobs, but they are reducing our wages and adding to the unfair wage gap of our system. We are practically back to the feudal age...the only thing that saved the people then was the plague. They lost 1/3 of their workers overnight and suddenly, workers were no longer slaves (aka the peasants) to their masters and were able to negotiate for better wages and living conditions.

We kick out ALL the illegals and our income gap will decrease overnight, which is why neither the republican politicians nor the democrat politicians want that.

Are you really counting on illegal aliens to support you in your senior years?

And do you really think Mexicans could stop the Chinese from doing anything?
No...but Americans can.

That's why Nebraska was asking them back because of the meat packing plants.
Now, would an american do that job for $8hr? not many
I bet they would line up for miles to do it for $100hr, $50hr??

Migrant farm workers have been a part of the American scene for as long as I can remember. Certainly most of those who magically appeared every year to work the farms in New Mexico were not 'legal' though they were not here without 'permission' whether official or not. The law did not harrass them. And, when the work was done they all went home. That's the way it ought to work. Those with work tell the border officials how many folks they need--those are issued guest workers permits, they come in, do the work, and go home when the job is done.

But to ensure that willing Americans are not left out of the loop, and also to ensure that the migrant workers are not exploited or mistreated, a decent wage plus benefits (housing, transportation, etc.) must be offered and paid and that would be at the expense of the employer. It would also be the responsibility of the employer to ensure that his crew went home at the end of the job.

Those who want permanent residence would apply through regular legal channels and get in line for their green cards which would come with a path to citizenship.

Again no person in the country illegally should be offered a green card or a path to citizenship just because they've broken the law here for an extended period. They should be required to go home and do it legally.

Yes they can. But why should they as long as they don't have to?

This is the root cause of the depression.

Inequity between the capital class and the working class does two things..

It decreases demand and it increases over production

It also encourages the monied class to speculate, rather than invest since that's where the (short term) higher ROI is, until the BUBBLE bursts.

And please do not tell me that the workers have the ability (now) to change all that because this nation broke the back of unionism and ketp giving advantage after advantage to the monied classes until the working class is basically powerless.

It took thirty years but now the econony is so fucked that we can't get it out of these doldrums.

FEUDALISTIC economies (which is the direction we're headed thanks to huge asset and income inequity) is NOT a very producive system because it doesn't reward labor.

You worshipers at the alter of Ayn Rand are idiots, ya know.

Healthy economies are need BALANCE, not exploitation, to actually work efficiently.

Cars have brakes AND accelerators for a reason, folks.

Yes they can. But why should they as long as they don't have to?

This is the root cause of the depression.

Inequity between the capital class and the working class does two things..

It decreases demand and it increases over production

It also encourages the monied class to speculate, rather than invest since that's where the (short term) higher ROI is, until the BUBBLE bursts.

And please do not tell me that the workers have the ability (now) to change all that because this nation broke the back of unionism and ketp giving advantage after advantage to the monied classes until the working class is basically powerless.

It took thirty years but now the econony is so fucked that we can't get it out of these doldrums.

FEUDALISTIC economies (which is the direction we're headed thanks to huge asset and income inequity) is NOT a very producive system because it doesn't reward labor.

You worshipers at the alter of Ayn Rand are idiots, ya know.

Healthy economies are need BALANCE, not exploitation, to actually work efficiently.

Cars have brakes AND accelerators for a reason, folks.
Good post and this highlights what would actually end illegal immigration...paying a decent wage.

One Nebraska meat packing plant lost a sizable percentage of its work force in an ICE raid. They hired as many locals as they could but were still short, so they upped their hourly wage about $10 for existing personnel and new hires. People from miles around then applied for those jobs, folks moved into the community, the tax base was increased, the schools were better funded and strengthened, and the whole community benefitted.

Okay, we all may pay 10 cents more a pound for our hamburger or T-bone, but we save infinitely more than that in government social services and other drains on the economy. It's the only way to do it.

Forum List

Back