Will Cigarettes be obsolete by 2050?

i don't give a rat's ass if people want to smoke or not. It's their choice. I have a problem with the government vilifying any behavior so as to tax it.

I hope not.

I have 5000 cartons of Camel Extra Wides I'm saving to trade after Obama Prints another Trillion dollars and US currency is worthless.

Now that is an example of excellent end of the world stockpiling, Samson

Tobacco is an excellent medium of exchange when the specie fails.

As long as enough people are addicted to it, it will always have value --even to those who are not addicted to it.

Frankly I don't care if they are obsolete in 2050. I would be 101 and I'd bet smoking or some drug crazed liberal will kill me long before then. Until I do check out, stay the fuck out of my business.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

I go along with that.
But stay the hell away from me.

Will cigarettes be obsolete by 2050? - The Week

"It is quite possible that there will be no smokers left in Britain or many other developed countries in about 30 to 50 years," Citigroup analysts predicted Friday, in a report that sent tobacco company stocks tumbling. Smoking sales peaked in Britain in 1974, and in 1981 in the U.S., and they "appear to be falling in a series of straight lines" since then, Citigroup says. About 20 percent of Americans and Britons still smoke. Could that figure really drop to zero within a few decades?

Maybe cigarettes will not be sold on the market but as long as people like me can grow tobbacco
cigarettes will be around.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back