Will Cigarettes be obsolete by 2050?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Will cigarettes be obsolete by 2050? - The Week

"It is quite possible that there will be no smokers left in Britain or many other developed countries in about 30 to 50 years," Citigroup analysts predicted Friday, in a report that sent tobacco company stocks tumbling. Smoking sales peaked in Britain in 1974, and in 1981 in the U.S., and they "appear to be falling in a series of straight lines" since then, Citigroup says. About 20 percent of Americans and Britons still smoke. Could that figure really drop to zero within a few decades?

Last edited:
I hope not.

I have 5000 cartons of Camel Extra Wides I'm saving to trade after Obama Prints another Trillion dollars and US currency is worthless.

Spending a few weeks each year in Jamaica, Puerto Morales and the Yucatan peninsula I see tourists from all over the world. And they smoke a pant load. Rudest bunch of fuckups I have ever seen and we have our share of them around here that consider their dope habits "a right".
With our government supporting American companies smuggling tobacco into many countries and the entire continent of South America to evade taxes and an ignorant low income market worldwide and Asian demand the future dope market still looks good. People that smoke hate themselves is a large market.
After all, the best worldwide currency are arms, the American dollar and DOPE.

Spending a few weeks each year in Jamaica, Puerto Morales and the Yucatan peninsula I see tourists from all over the world. And they smoke a pant load. Rudest bunch of fuckups I have ever seen and we have our share of them around here that consider their dope habits "a right".
With our government supporting American companies smuggling tobacco into many countries and the entire continent of South America to evade taxes and an ignorant low income market worldwide and Asian demand the future dope market still looks good. People that smoke hate themselves is a large market.

There are 1.5 billion Chinese we can get hooked on American cigarettes.

I think in the western world it is on the decline. It will drop to single digits in the next 20 years

I think in the western world it is on the decline. It will drop to single digits in the next 20 years

American tobacco is the Panama Red of smoke. The Vietnamese would pay more for a carton of Winston than an AK-47.

Maybe the Chinese will accept tobacco in lieu of US Bonds?

I don't know if cigarettes will be obsolete by 2050 or not. I'll be long dead so I haven't given it much though BUT if I was still alive and there were no cigarettes, I'd be pissed.

American tobacco is the Panama Red of smoke. The Vietnamese would pay more for a carton of Winston than an AK-47.

Actually when I was in China about 15 years ago, and Marlboros were cheaper than in many areas of the USA.

Actually when I was in China about 15 years ago, and Marlboros were cheaper than in many areas of the USA.

How much was an AK-47?

Frankly I don't care if they are obsolete in 2050. I would be 101 and I'd bet smoking or some drug crazed liberal will kill me long before then. Until I do check out, stay the fuck out of my business.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Frankly I don't care if they are obsolete in 2050. I would be 101 and I'd bet smoking or some drug crazed liberal will kill me long before then. Until I do check out, stay the fuck out of my business.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

LOL @ "drug crazed liberal". This your exist strategy, Ernie?

I always figured I'd die in a motorcycle wreck at 103 while trying to outrun a jealous 30 year old husband, but it's more likely gonna be some drug addled liberal with a gun or a bomb.

Forum List

Back