CDZ Will China Opening Its Stock Market to Foreign Investors Impact the US Economy?

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
You know, if I understand it right, I think, that the opening of the Chinese market provides American investors with a new place to buy stocks, meaning we may be witnessing a way to revive the American financial industry. Do you agree with me?

You know, if I understand it right, I think, that the opening of the Chinese market provides American investors with a new place to buy stocks, meaning we may be witnessing a way to revive the American financial industry. Do you agree with me?

What makes you think that the American financial industry need reviving?

No. It will be beneficial to the American economy because stocks are over-valued in an era of excessive liquidity that will have long-term ramifications in the future. Some of the liquidity that would have headed to our over-valued market will now head to the under-valued Chinese market. But truthfully, it's very marginal.

No. It will be beneficial to the American economy because stocks are over-valued in an era of excessive liquidity that will have long-term ramifications in the future. Some of the liquidity that would have headed to our over-valued market will now head to the under-valued Chinese market. But truthfully, it's very marginal.

The market is overvalued? Really? Who says, the guys that are positioned correctly for a fall?

China is a communist country. At any time their government can step in and do what Republicans think our government does here but doesn't.

The market is overvalued? Really? Who says, the guys that are positioned correctly for a fall?

I say.

If you're watching CNBC, and they're telling you the market isn't expensive at 16x earnings, you're going to be in for a rude surprise.

The average price/earnings multiple on reported earnings of companies in the S&P 500 is over 22x, the highest ever at this point of the cycle outside of the Tech Bubble, which got north of 30x.

The Shangahi index, OTOH, is trading at about 11x earnings.

What? They have workers committing suicide. They have workers living in dorms. The country controls every aspect of their lives.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Tell me you're a Republican. Please.

Of course I'm not a republican, I'm a true blue Tory.

What? They have workers committing suicide. They have workers living in dorms. The country controls every aspect of their lives.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Tell me you're a Republican. Please.

Of course I'm not a republican, I'm a true blue Tory.
So what do they teach in "Torybizarro" land?

The UK and China are engaged in many trade agreements.
In fact, the UK is gravitating towards China, and away from America.

The conventional wisdom seems to be that one billion people can't be wrong. There's two trillion dollars out there looking for a return on investment home. China is sexy from a financial standpoint. But from the ipos to the stock market does no one get the feeling that the Chinese govt. is playing those ugly Americans?

Forum List

Back