will china become the world leader?

Okay, eliminate labor unions, pay people pennies per hour with no benefits what so ever and force workers to work 10-12 hour days (no overtime), 7 days a week then remove safety & environmental regulations and you might have a shot at it.

I just worked seven day, 12.5 hours each day, 87 hours in the last week, add an extra 1.5 hours round trip drive, I am away from home, I have only seen my wife and kids three months this year, and I thank my boss he gives me this work. He is a conservative, and we are a non-union company.
We need heavy industry in the USA, it wont be easy, but that is what we need, without heavy industry there is no future for us.

Are you complaining or bragging?

I aint bragging, I am complaining, I wish there were more factories so I could stay home with my family, I also am pointing out I am choosing this job of my own free will, I am not forced, I would hate if a union dictated how much I could work.

We need the industry we lost.

I just worked seven day, 12.5 hours each day, 87 hours in the last week, add an extra 1.5 hours round trip drive, I am away from home, I have only seen my wife and kids three months this year, and I thank my boss he gives me this work. He is a conservative, and we are a non-union company.

We need heavy industry in the USA, it wont be easy, but that is what we need, without heavy industry there is no future for us.

How on earth do you find time to post on here?

Okay, eliminate labor unions, pay people pennies per hour with no benefits what so ever and force workers to work 10-12 hour days (no overtime), 7 days a week then remove safety & environmental regulations and you might have a shot at it.

1.5 Billion Chinese are now pitying mdn2000

...what are the negative implication (be very specific) on the world, specifically oil trading, moving away from using the dollar?

Q2: If a weak dollar is so bad, then: (1) Why has China consistently devalued its currency? and (2) Why would the head of the EU plead (basically get on his hands and knees) with China to allow if currency to grow in value? My guess is a weak currency devalues everything in China, allowing property to be inexpensive and labor to be even cheap, then trading on the world market weak Chinese currency makes it product 10 fold more attractive to foreign markets looking for a cheap deal!

I dont work all the time, right now I am going to check out of the hotel and travel to northern california, I wont work for the next five days.

I usually end up working two weeks than being off a week or two, come the end of november or december I will be laid off. I did not work any in january, february, may, july, and august.

I can also type which helps. I also work nights so sometimes its hard to sleep during the day, hence I wasted a bit of time here ont he boards. Most likely I will not post for the next twenty four hours while I travel.

Whats nice about my job is overtime pay, more than half my pay is made with overtime.

If we had more factories every person in the USA will benifit, hopefully we will have a president and congress that brings industry back to the USA, with industry we can increase immigration as well.

I know the Liberal/Marxist are against any immigration so that wont fly well on the boards.

Anyhow, thats how I post.

I dont work all the time, right now I am going to check out of the hotel and travel to northern california, I wont work for the next five days.

I usually end up working two weeks than being off a week or two, come the end of november or december I will be laid off. I did not work any in january, february, may, july, and august.

I can also type which helps. I also work nights so sometimes its hard to sleep during the day, hence I wasted a bit of time here on the boards. Most likely I will not post for the next twenty four hours while I travel.

Whats nice about my job is overtime pay, more than half my pay is made with overtime.

If we had more factories every person in the USA will benefit, hopefully we will have a president and congress that brings industry back to the USA, with industry we can increase immigration as well.

I know the Liberal/Marxist are against any immigration so that wont fly well on the boards.

Anyhow, that's how I post.

migrant worker eh.

I can also type which helps. I also work nights so sometimes its hard to sleep during the day, hence I wasted a bit of time here on the boards. Most likely I will not post for the next twenty four hours while I travel.

If we had more factories every person in the USA will benefit, hopefully we will have a president and congress that brings industry back to the USA, with industry we can increase immigration as well.

Anyhow, that's how I post.

migrant worker eh.

I have worked side by side with migrant workers, I have worked side by side with illegal immigrants, I did a bit of landscaping for a freind during my time without work. I did the exact same job as they did for the exact same amount of money. I aint the same food and drank tequila from the bottle as they passed it to me.

I don't see a future for china as a world leader, but definitely as the major power in Asia.

in my view, based on how things are playing out presently, we're going to be entering a multi-regional model of world power

China and East Asia, India and South Asia, Russia, the EU, Brazil and latin america, and the US

I probably could say Iran and the middle east, but the reality is continued violence is likely to get worse and worse until oil disappears

In order to be a world leader you need to have things that people admire, aspire to, and desire - ain't no way a society like China will attain that even with corporate America's help.

I can see it now, Chinese ships with lead laden paint chipping off, broke down halfway to the American mainland the propeller shaft broke in half, the sailors on board dead, Wheat flour tainted with the chemical melamine poisoning half the crew, the other half dead with SARS.

The new superpower. Coming to a comic book soon.

...what are the negative implication (be very specific) on the world, specifically oil trading, moving away from using the dollar?

Q2: If a weak dollar is so bad, then: (1) Why has China consistently devalued its currency? and (2) Why would the head of the EU plead (basically get on his hands and knees) with China to allow if currency to grow in value? My guess is a weak currency devalues everything in China, allowing property to be inexpensive and labor to be even cheap, then trading on the world market weak Chinese currency makes it product 10 fold more attractive to foreign markets looking for a cheap deal!

I still can't get this answered, so I ask again!

Forum List

Back