Will Car Bombs be a Regular Occurrence in the US Within the Next Couple of Years?

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Obviously the threat Islamic extremists is only going to increase... so when is the time to forget political correctness and start getting tough on Islamic Extremists? What do we do when terrorists start blowing up shopping malls here in the US? Do we just continue on with our current laws or do we get tough and start watching people more closely?

At that point, when malls start getting blown up, would you rather leave our laws the way they are and risk getting blown up in a building/shopping mall, or would you like to increase security by watching people more closely on the internet, sealing the borders, infiltrating mosques, etc... in order to reduce and hopefully almost eliminate this threat?

Risk of small-scale attacks by al-Qaeda and its allies is rising, officials say

Predicting The Next Bad Thing is entertaining, but I hardly think I have any special insight (though I'd guess the next attack will be cyber, but that's just me.)

Possibly these ladies can help you?

123192_large.jpeg

While you have them on the phone, you might ask if we should just start rounding up brown people and putting them in internment camps. Seeing as the Patriot Act isn't enough "new law" to make you feel all warm and cozy.

Obviously the threat Islamic extremists is only going to increase... so when is the time to forget political correctness and start getting tough on Islamic Extremists? What do we do when terrorists start blowing up shopping malls here in the US? Do we just continue on with our current laws or do we get tough and start watching people more closely?

At that point, when malls start getting blown up, would you rather leave our laws the way they are and risk getting blown up in a building/shopping mall, or would you like to increase security by watching people more closely on the internet, sealing the borders, infiltrating mosques, etc... in order to reduce and hopefully almost eliminate this threat?

Hmmm..... Who was Timothy McVeigh?

As usual you guys seem to be missing the point or are purposely avoiding the question.... It doesn't really matter who blows things up whether they are Islamic Extremists or not... I was using Islamic extremists as an example because we know for a fact that they want to blow us up.

Now is there anyone out there who would like to give me their input on this? Thanks.

It has been a long time since anyone @ the post office went postal.
Im waiting for people to start going Walmart.
It wouldnt surprise me if car bombs started going off , or trash cans started exploding or if we had our own Bezlen. We will never figure out who is doing it or why.

It has been a long time since anyone @ the post office went postal.
Im waiting for people to start going Walmart.
It wouldnt surprise me if car bombs started going off , or trash cans started exploding or if we had our own Bezlen. We will never figure out who is doing it or why.

Just wait on the going postal. The returning "damaged" Iraq war vets have not hired on at the postal service yet. Most of the Nam vets have either retired or were stable enough not to go postal.

It shouldn't be, we have some of the best intelligence in the World, we should be able to use our numerous, interconnected, and bloated intelligence community to stop the terrorists at home. Or maybe not...?

Some of that best intelligence in the world?
That same bunch that told us all that scary stuff about Iraq?

counter-intelligence might be a more apt term.

Some of that best intelligence in the world?
That same bunch that told us all that scary stuff about Iraq?

counter-intelligence might be a more apt term.

Read it again. It was a sarcastic remark to bring attention to the fact that our system of intelligence needs serious reform.

Sure hope not. :)

Sorry bout that,

1. I vote, *Yes*.
2. And I would also say, islamic muslims will be behind the wheels.
3. They will get offended about something, or be getting even for something, in thier little evil minds, and just have to go nutter on innocent people.
4. Its basically what islam is meant to do.
5. Hats off to you KMAN you're very perseptive.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

To reverse the question on you (and give an answer at the same time) how much of the Constitution are you willing to shred for the illusion of safety?

To reverse the question on you (and give an answer at the same time) how much of the Constitution are you willing to shred for the illusion of safety?

Bah.

If we can "absorb" another 9/11, the wtf are a few car bombs......:rolleyes:

I'm certain Barak Hussein has someone working on a contingency plan that includes giving a heartfelt, sympathetic speech to the nation.

Obviously the Constitution doesn't matter any more just look at what the current administration is doing.... But, that's the question.... Where is the line? Do we just let people come in and terrorize us or do we change some things to make it safer????

I'm actually a bit surprised the bad guys haven't hit us with planted bombs, car or otherwise, yet. The Times Square attempt this year apparently failed because the guy wasn't very competent, but we can't depend on or hope for that all the time.

While TS is certainly a rich target it also gets lots of security scrutiny that makes it a bit more iffy for a nut to successfully pull something off, and ditto for other well known big city locals. But if I was the bad guy in charge I'd look at lots of targets in smaller, presumably safer, communities all over the country. Bombs going off in downtown Grand Rapids, Indianapolis, El Paso, Memphis, Keokuk, Mesa, etc., etc., coordinated to go off on the same day, would sure ratchet up the fear factor among the populace.

Will Car Bombs be a Regular Occurrence in the US Within the Next Couple of Years?

I've had a couple of cars in my lifetime that were bombs which is why I became a emptor of Ford trucks and foreign cars.

Forum List

Back