Will call this the bird effect just don't tell my 6 year old I posted it

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
This is hysterical.......

The boy's and I went out looking at apartments today. The leasing agent was showing us an apartment and when we went in my 6 year old spotted the balcony straight across from us.

I have no idea what this child was thinking, but apearently he did not realize there was a sliding glass door, he took off barreling across the room I'm talking full speed here, to go out on the balcony, and ran SMACK :bang3: right into the door!

He stood there for a minute after doing this like he was shocked there was a door there, then he started laughing, till he realized we were laughing, then he got mad and started crying!

One of those moments you wish you had a camcorder on hand!

When I was about 5 I did this into a screen door, I bounced off that thing and flew about 3-4' back.

I remember the embarrassment....

I have two friends who have done this, and one who walked through a screen door.

In their defense, they were drunk.

Trinity said:
This is hysterical.......

The boy's and I went out looking at apartments today. The leasing agent was showing us an apartment and when we went in my 6 year old spotted the balcony straight across from us.

I have no idea what this child was thinking, but apearently he did not realize there was a sliding glass door, he took off barreling across the room I'm talking full speed here, to go out on the balcony, and ran SMACK :bang3: right into the door!

He stood there for a minute after doing this like he was shocked there was a door there, then he started laughing, till he realized we were laughing, then he got mad and started crying!

One of those moments you wish you had a camcorder on hand!

oohh poor kid!

your kid wouldn't happen to be named Tommy (tommy boy), would he? just kidding!

no1tovote4 said:
When I was about 5 I did this into a screen door, I bounced off that thing and flew about 3-4' back.

I remember the embarrassment....

Yeah mine was clearly embarrassed!

Dan said:
I have two friends who have done this, and one who walked through a screen door.

In their defense, they were drunk.

That's what happens when your drunk! :teeth:

fuzzykitten99 said:
oohh poor kid!

your kid wouldn't happen to be named Tommy (tommy boy), would he? just kidding!

No he's not. :D

This kid is so cordinated, I think that's why he didn't fly back a few feet he just like came to a dead stop after hitting it!

fuzzykitten99 said:
"AHHH..that's gonna leave a mark!"

He did have a little bit of a fat lip! I actually was expecting like a broken nose or something as hard as he hit.

However I think the embarrassment was the worse part for him!

My sister actually ran through a glass door once. She was 10. Only major injury was on her right elbow, where some of the falling glass sliced her. She's got a great scar!

In my old house, our spa was just outside the master bedroom sliding glass doors. My wife and I were in the tub one night (hee hee) having some wine and enjoying sitting in 110 degree water when it was about 30 outside. She got up to run to the lady's room and it was cold so she was moving fast.... well, she smacked right into the slider giving herself a bit ole knot on the head and ending the night of romance! :cry:

In my old house, our spa was just outside the master bedroom sliding glass doors. My wife and I were in the tub one night (hee hee) having some wine and enjoying sitting in 110 degree water when it was about 30 outside. She got up to run to the lady's room and it was cold so she was moving fast.... well, she smacked right into the slider giving herself a bit ole knot on the head and ending the night of romance!

Be honest, did you laugh?

Until she said that she had to go to bed cuz her head hurt. Then my hormones kicked in, I thought about what that meand, and I was extremely sad! :laugh:

gop_jeff said:
My sister actually ran through a glass door once. She was 10. Only major injury was on her right elbow, where some of the falling glass sliced her. She's got a great scar!

This isn't exactly his first time with a glass door, he dove through my mother's glass backdoor when he was 3, lucky for him and me he was dressed in layers, or he would have ended up cut worse then he was, he ended up with a very small cut on his neck.

Forum List

Back