Will BP profit more from Carbon Swaps?

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Oct 10, 2009
In your head
Will BP profit more from Carbon Swaps?

I ask this because as an engineer it seems outrageous that anyone would cut as many corners on a single well as it has been reported BP did. I can think of many ways to stop the oil from spilling into the ocean. I have watched the ROVs for hours dicking around "trying to fix the leak" it is almost comical how stupid these so called fixes were. They failed as I suspected they would prior to the execution of these "fixes" & only made things worse.

Also Goldman Sachs largest player in oil & carbon swaps sold most of their BP shares 2 weeks before the explosion.

So does anyone know how much BP would stand to make from carbon cap & trade?

Well now, if you are an engineer and know how to stop that leak, why haven't you made that knowledge available?

And the question is not whether BP would profit, but whether we as a nation would. We did with the cap and trade system for sulphate emmissions. I really don't think cap and trade will be effective enough to make a differance, an outright decade long reduction to near zero use of fossil fuels is what is needed.

And you are quite correct, the corners cut on that well created a situation where a chance of a blowout became a certainty of a blowout.

Well now, if you are an engineer and know how to stop that leak, why haven't you made that knowledge available?

Who would listen? This leak is about politics & not engineering. Below is a quick rough drawing of one idea I had using steel cables to align the bolt holes replacing the cable with bolts 1 at a time. The top flange would be an open valve that could be closed later. They could also use 10 foot long all thread rods instead of cables to draw this flange connection together.

Attachments

• $Flange.jpg
    $Flange.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 46

New Topics

Forum List

Back