Will Boehner Be Replaced As Speaker?

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Speaker Boehner bargains, then braces for fallout

With his willingness to bargain, the speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives won passage on Friday of the economically important payroll tax-cut extension. But he lost a hefty block of Republicans who may end up determining his political fate.

But some Republicans see a longer-term problem for the 62-year-old Boehner. Given all the uprisings he has had to quell within his ranks on major bills over the past year, they question his staying power.

"I think he's got to be watching his flank," a senior House Republican said. "Whenever you pass something using Democratic votes, as a speaker, that usually spells some problems."

Pressure on Boehner likely will intensify, the lawmaker said, if the party loses many seats in the November elections.

"John Boehner could end up being blamed for helping Obama get re-elected," said Greg Valliere of the Potomac Research Group, a private firm that tracks Washington for investors.

"But he did what he thought was right," Valliere said. "This normally gridlocked Congress finally got something done today and I think John Boehner deserves a majority of the credit."

So let me get this straight. Boehner brings enough votes together to actually accomplish something and because he has the audacity to work with everyone involved he faces a revolt in his own party? :cuckoo:

America hates gridlock and wants our politicians to work together. It's too bad that many GOP congressmen don't want the same thing.

Republicans today send their congressmen to Washington to sabotage not govern.

Maybe the T will become speaker? Who is more intelligent, more articulate and more partisan?

For the T and others who won't get it, this post is entirely sarcastic.

Speaker Boehner bargains, then braces for fallout

The Democrats should pray he stays in the position of Speaker.

A man who handed out Tobacco Lobby checks on the House floor --- while the House was still in session? :eusa_pray:

I thought you were just kidding because I had never heard that one before.

But no, the man knows no shame.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAC2xeT2yOg]Republican Minority Leader John Boehner explains why he handed out bribes on the House floor - YouTube[/ame]

He even admits it!!!

The GOP will not replace Boehner unless he voluntarily retires or they lose the House. If the Republicans retain the House, he will remain the speaker.

The GOP will not replace Boehner unless he voluntarily retires or they lose the House. If the Republicans retain the House, he will remain the speaker.

And let me ask you, in your opinion is that a good or bad thing?

Boehner is busily ensuring that he remains Speaker if the GOP retains the majority. Watch who his folks and allies are supporting in Republican congressional primaries. He wants dems beaten in the fall and the teepee candidates before then.

Hello? Zander? :confused:

I think it's a good thing. Boehner is a sensible man. He doesn't lose his cool. I don't have to agree with everything he does, just most of it.

Hello? Zander? :confused:

I think it's a good thing. Boehner is a sensible man. He doesn't lose his cool. I don't have to agree with everything he does, just most of it.
It's funny how when a Republican learns his lessons (like everyone else) and becomes stronger for his improvement, the opposition wants him out so they can roll over the majority with a weaker leader.

Ain't gonna happen.

It looks like he definitely will be replaced in 2013

Nancy Pelosi is going to take over

Forum List

Back