Will BO Do Anything To Bring These Two Home?

Burp

Always carry, never tell
Jan 22, 2009
American-Iranian journalist Roxana Saberi has made headlines for her imprisonment in an Iranian jail after being found guilty of spying for the United States — a charge the U.S. State Department says is baseless.

But few have heard of Silva Harotonian, another woman being held in the same Tehran prison.

Harotonian, 34, a Christian Armenian who was born in Iran, is serving a three-year sentence on charges she conspired with others in an American plot to overthrow the Iranian government. The humanitarian aid worker has been held for nearly a year in the notorious Evin Prison, the same prison where Saberi is carrying out an eight-year sentence.

"It has been a devastating time and extremely confusing time for our family," said Klara Moradkhan, Harotonian’s cousin who lives in Los Angeles. "Knowing Silva, she is no revolutionary; she is no spy and has no interest in politics."

Harotonian, an Iranian citizen, was in the process of getting a U.S. green card when she was detained in Tehran last June 26 while working as an administrative assistant for IREX, a U.S.-based nonprofit organization. IREX, which receives funding from the U.S. State Department, coordinates professional educational exchanges in 50 countries.

FOXNews.com - Family Says Time is Running Out for Aid Worker Held in Iran - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
-----

A while ago someone posted about some hostage(s) in South American that President Bush left to die. This person, and I wish I could remember who it was, continuously posted about them - blaming Bush for just leaving them there.

Well, now we have someone else unjustly imprisoned - along with the other women who was there for three years.

Is our esteemed leader going to do anything about this? One is on a hunger strike and will probably die before her appeal.

Everyone talks about how much better BO is; how better the country is now that Bush is gone and BO is president. If BO wants to change things, get away from the way the Bush administration was, why isn't he doing more to release these two.

And yes, the people in South American too.

I'm sure he's prepared to start a dialougue, that might leads to talks and perhaps a negociation at some point.

Just ask any leftist idiot. Fox doesn't lie any more often or as often as there favorite New Services its just that fox says things they don't want tot here.

Never mind that Fox has nearly as many liberals in there employ as CNN NBC CBS and ABc have conservatives together.

I don't find it particulary shocking that female adversarial journalists would find themselves in difficulty in a country led by fundamentalist mullahs. I also doubt that journalism was their only job.

American-Iranian journalist Roxana Saberi has made headlines for her imprisonment in an Iranian jail after being found guilty of spying for the United States — a charge the U.S. State Department says is baseless.

But few have heard of Silva Harotonian, another woman being held in the same Tehran prison.

Harotonian, 34, a Christian Armenian who was born in Iran, is serving a three-year sentence on charges she conspired with others in an American plot to overthrow the Iranian government. The humanitarian aid worker has been held for nearly a year in the notorious Evin Prison, the same prison where Saberi is carrying out an eight-year sentence.

"It has been a devastating time and extremely confusing time for our family," said Klara Moradkhan, Harotonian’s cousin who lives in Los Angeles. "Knowing Silva, she is no revolutionary; she is no spy and has no interest in politics."

Harotonian, an Iranian citizen, was in the process of getting a U.S. green card when she was detained in Tehran last June 26 while working as an administrative assistant for IREX, a U.S.-based nonprofit organization. IREX, which receives funding from the U.S. State Department, coordinates professional educational exchanges in 50 countries.

FOXNews.com - Family Says Time is Running Out for Aid Worker Held in Iran - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
-----

A while ago someone posted about some hostage(s) in South American that President Bush left to die. This person, and I wish I could remember who it was, continuously posted about them - blaming Bush for just leaving them there.

Well, now we have someone else unjustly imprisoned - along with the other women who was there for three years.

Is our esteemed leader going to do anything about this? One is on a hunger strike and will probably die before her appeal.

Everyone talks about how much better BO is; how better the country is now that Bush is gone and BO is president. If BO wants to change things, get away from the way the Bush administration was, why isn't he doing more to release these two.

And yes, the people in South American too.

Until President Obama sees a poll out that says 51% of Americans want some decisive action, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Forum List

Back