Will Blacks Abandon the Democrat Party?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Blacks voted overwhelmingly for Obama both times. In return they have suffered more during this economy than whites. Most blacks are socially conservative and are horrified at the gay marriage business. Recall that black churches were instrumental in defeating the ballot measure in CA.

So having been screwed financially, having been promised a bunch of stuff that still hasnt been delivered on, having their values crapped all over, will blacks get the idea that Democrats are the party to exploit them and at least stay home on election day?

Blacks voted overwhelmingly for Obama both times. In return they have suffered more during this economy than whites. Most blacks are socially conservative and are horrified at the gay marriage business. Recall that black churches were instrumental in defeating the ballot measure in CA.

So having been screwed financially, having been promised a bunch of stuff that still hasnt been delivered on, having their values crapped all over, will blacks get the idea that Democrats are the party to exploit them and at least stay home on election day?

They've overwhelmingly voted for pretty much any democratic presidential candidate for quite a while. Kerry, the whitest guy I know, got only a slightly lower percentage of the black vote than Obama.

What Obama did for blacks, however, is mobilize them. With significantly higher turn outs by blacks in both 2008 and 2012. I doubt you'll see quite the same turn out in 2016. But its extremely likely you'll see similar percentages of blacks voting democrat.

Will African Americans be attracted to a party of angry White men? A party that promises to set them adrift without largess for food, shelter and clothing? A party that fights tooth and nail to repress wages for working families?

Figure it out.
So you think black people are too stupid to figure out ways to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves? This is why you are a Democrat. Democrats: The Party of Slaveowners.

They've overwhelmingly voted for pretty much any democratic presidential candidate for quite a while. Kerry, the whitest guy I know, got only a slightly lower percentage of the black vote than Obama.

What Obama did for blacks, however, is mobilize them. With significantly higher turn outs by blacks in both 2008 and 2012. I doubt you'll see quite the same turn out in 2016. But its extremely likely you'll see similar percentages of blacks voting democrat.
How has that mobilization made them any better off? Voting for people and policies that have made their financial situations worse, and who have promised them the sky and delivered nothing hasnt worked out well.
Unless you think blacks are too stupid to realize this.

Will African Americans be attracted to a party of angry White men? A party that promises to set them adrift without largess for food, shelter and clothing? A party that fights tooth and nail to repress wages for working families?

Figure it out.
So you think black people are too stupid to figure out ways to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves? This is why you are a Democrat. Democrats: The Party of Slaveowners.
No. But the game is rigged in favor of corporate wealth thus cutting off opportunities for anyone who is not already a player.

Figure it out.
No. But the game is rigged in favor of corporate wealth thus cutting off opportunities for anyone who is not already a player.
Yeah, beat that one for a while.
Under Bush blacks had higher household income and higher household wealth. I guess corporations hadnt figured out how to rig things yet.

No. Hillary will get nearly the same numbers as Obama and whomever you guys run will get next to no support. You've earned it.

How has that mobilization made them any better off?

In comparison to what? I think you're going to have a very hard time convincing most blacks that republicans give a fiddler's fuck about them. Or have any interest in improving the lives of black folks. The recession was pretty brutal, especially to blacks. And it began before Obama took office. Making the 'obama's policies made their situation worse' angle a bit of a hard sell.

Blacks are unlikely to go anywhere. As there's only one party advocating for them, and that's the democrats. Republicans might as well be called the 'white wing party'. With a full 87% of Romney voters being white. That wasn't a coincidence.

Figure it out.

My goodness. Which district are you running for?

No because they have to have a better alternative not just "they suck so why not us"

When black culture changes for the better more of them will start becoming republican. Unfortunately I don't see that happening soon.

When black culture changes for the better more of them will start becoming republican. Unfortunately I don't see that happening soon.

Asians are extremely well educated and generally a wealthy demographic overall and yet 2/3 of them still vote Democratic.

Forum List

Back