Will bible always stand test of time?

Nickoma99

Rookie
Dec 6, 2010
Ohio,US
774,746 words, 66 books over 40 authors, taking a period of 1600 years to complete and in its complete form since 100AD the bible has stood firm for 1910 years against all attacks and still not one thing can be dis-proven using "beyond a reasonable doubt" as a standard

Please keep everything in context and think of the perspective and history of its authors!

Im going to have to ask you what you define as the complete form? The Bible as we know it now wasn't compiled in it's current form till the 1500s. Clearly the individual books have been around for at least nearly 2 millenia, but the Bible itself is still different betwene Protestants and Catholics and even some other smaller Christian groups.

Not to mention there are multiple versions of it in multiple languages.

And I am not sure it matters if not one thing in it can be disproven beyond a reasonable doubt. Just because something can't be disprove doesnt mean it's true. It strengthens evidence that it is true, but it doesnt mean it is true.

The Bible is by far a remarkable collection of books. I am grateful for the opportunity to read and study it everyday. But I think it's very dangerous to exalt anything on a pedestal. I find too many people blind themselves with things they think about the Bible that they dont bother to actually find and worship the Lord of the Bible. The Bible is useless unless we kneel in prayer and find God. And God is all powerful even without the Bible.

Very true the final book of Revelation was completed around 100AD which would have been the last known book to be written. the old testament AKA the Torah has been in form longer and withstood many years as spiritual guide. The completion of the bible around 1550 has allowed for 460 years of scrutiny as a complete text. With the increases we have made in science and information will it always hold up.

I know it takes faith to believe in the bible and I can't prove it to be true I am just gathering others opinions as to if it will stand The test of time.

Very true the final book of Revelation was completed around 100AD which would have been the last known book to be written. the old testament AKA the Torah has been in form longer and withstood many years as spiritual guide. The completion of the bible around 1550 has allowed for 460 years of scrutiny as a complete text. With the increases we have made in science and information will it always hold up.

I know it takes faith to believe in the bible and I can't prove it to be true I am just gathering others opinions as to if it will stand The test of time.

Actually, Ive seen evidence that the Book of Revelation was one of Johns earlier books. The Gospel being written afterwards.

The Epistle of Jude was rather late as well.

Actually, Ive seen evidence that the Book of Revelation was one of Johns earlier books. The Gospel being written afterwards.

The Epistle of Jude was rather late as well.[/QUOTE]

I not trying to call you out in doubt but can you direct me to any place you have found your information as to the book of Revelations?
The information i have seen claims that john wrote it on the island of Patmos where he was exiled till his death in 100 AD.

The Bible is a great book.
But it was translated by men, many books left out because of politics of the day and many translations altered because of politics.
God played a role in the writing of the Bible but played NO role in the translations by the King James scribes.

I not trying to call you out in doubt but can you direct me to any place you have found your information as to the book of Revelations?
The information i have seen claims that john wrote it on the island of Patmos where he was exiled till his death in 100 AD.

Considering Ive read it from an unremembered book. I doubt i could direct you to the place ive found information.

However, I know John didn't die on Patmos.

The Bible is nothing more than the oldest surviving theory of our origins. It is the oldest for the same reason it survives - it was the first story to be written down that was adopted by Western 'Civilization', which happened to be the culture that dominated the globe through technology, an attitude of ownership and a 'convert or kill' method of spreading its ideals, both adopted and invented.

It is a theory for the same reason evolution is a theory - nobody can repeat the process in a lab and its processes and results must be accepted on faith.

The Bible is no more proof that there is a God than The Origin of Species is proof that the humans of earth are descendants of the same life forms that eventually evolved into dogs and cats.

You just have to look around and decide for yourself, in the privacy of your own mind, what makes sense.

For me, the fact that blood is red in all mammals and sexual reproduction is so prevalent on our planet carries a lot more weight in establishing my beliefs of where we came from than any of the old story books that offer various theories ranging from 7 days of creation by a god who cares to a pregnant woman whose water broke and flooded the earth with life.

Forum List

Back