Will Attacks on Palin Backfire?

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Oprah won't allow Sarah Palin on her show, despite inviting Barack Obama TWICE:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09062008/news/nationalnews/palin_clubbed_by_oprah_snub_127736.htm

Whoopi Goldberg is calling her a Nazi.

US Weekly is having subscriptions canceled for its cover smear.

I think all this crap is going to backfire. People (real, actual, American, that is) love this lady. The attacks by Hollywood, the anti-white racists and the elite press are just going to make the rest of us rally 'round.

Last edited:
Will the rightwing ever stop crying like little girls about how mean the media are to Palin?

Obama may have gone on Oprah, but he's also been live and unscripted on Meet the Press, ABC's This Week, and CBS's Face the Nation about a billion times.

When Palin comes out of hiding and starts doing high profile, unscripted shows with real journalistic questions, I'll cut her slack if she wants to go on some infotainment shows.

Will the rightwing ever stop crying like little girls about how mean the media are to Palin?

Obama may have gone on Oprah, but he's also been live and unscripted on Meet the Press, ABC's This Week, and CBS's Face the Nation about a billion times.

When Palin comes out of hiding and starts doing high profile, unscripted shows with real journalistic questions, I'll cut her slack if she wants to go on some infotainment shows.

She wants to go on all fluff shows or do fluff interviews.

Like her first (and only so far) interview that will be aired at next week at the latest. It's being done by Charlie Gibson in her own home town.

Oh right, Charlie Gibson is interviewing Sarah Palin. Sounds like he'll ask tough questions and not allow Sarah to lie by doing his research. :rolleyes:

Oh, and still no solo appearances scheduled, just ones with Grampa Mumbles.

I don't think Palin deserves special treatment. She stepped into the political arena with the heavy hitters of politics. The poor little soccer mom image doesn't give her a free pass.

what attacks? she's being given the same media scrutiny that ANY unknown politcal figure who has been placed in this position would be given.

all this whining is what is going to backfire.

Why can't Palin stand up to the media spotlight? Obama had to, McCain's had to, EVERY politician has to.

what attacks? she's being given the same media scrutiny that ANY unknown politcal figure who has been placed in this position would be given.

all this whining is what is going to backfire.

Why can't Palin stand up to the media spotlight? Obama had to, McCain's had to, EVERY politician has to.

What attacks ? Being called a nazi isn't an attack ?

When Palin took over Wasilla, the town had little long-term debt. By the time she was done, the town had close to $19 million in long-term debt, making the debt around $3000 per capita.

She increased sales taxes, which hurts the middle class, and lowered property taxes which helps the rich. She is just like George Bush.

When Palin took over Wasilla, the town had little long-term debt. By the time she was done, the town had close to $19 million in long-term debt, making the debt around $3000 per capita.

She increased sales taxes, which hurts the middle class, and lowered property taxes which helps the rich. She is just like George Bush.

Kirk--You are one crazy mofo ! :lol:

( why did you have to change your name ? )

"When Sara became mayor of Wasilla they had no deficit. She campaigned to develop a much needed sewer system but instead she built a sports complex, rushing it through before the city had a clean title (which to date is in litigation) and has not drawn income to the city. The city now carried a 22 million debt. She did lower the property tax but put in place a sales tax (also on food) that eats up the savings to the property owners and hits the non property owners. This property tax did benefit the big box stores, Wallmart has the largest store there in the country. The effect is to drive out locally owned businesses. I hope that helps you with your question. p.s. I am in Alaska, and live not far from Wasilla, on the other end of the valley were I was born here before statehood."

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/pol/830910784.html

Last edited:
Really? You're a local up there? You are about to become a board celebrity......

So tell me about this 80% approval. What's that about? Is that typical in ALaska (maybe y'all are just real nice, I know you are all fond of Stevens for example.....) What is the basis for the 20% disapproval?

Did she change her general guiding principles when she was governor (from earmarks to no earmarks, for example) -- did she learn from her mistakes so to say?

Last edited:
Really? You're a local up there? You are about to become a board celebrity......

So tell me about this 80% approval. WHat's that about? Is that typical in ALaska (maybe y'all are just real nice, I know you are all fond of STevens for example.....) What is the basis for the 20% disapproval?

No, not me. That's a quote from the link provided.

I'm in Va. Beach, Va., home of Pat Robertson.

Ah rats. I was all excited. Nevermind, Virginia, pffft.

(heheh just kidding hope you plan to help swing the state blue this year!)

Forum List

Back