Will anyone here vote for their Congressman if they voted for the Bailout?

GigiBowman

Oct 21, 2008
Does anyone here believe that the Bailout --or whatever they are calling it these days (Hillary called it the Emergency Economic Stabilization act of 2008 today in her letter to me)-- was a good thing?

Does anyone plan on casting a vote to reelect their local Congressman if they voted for the bailout?

Absolutely not. Puts me in a pickle too with my senators. the Rep voted for it and Dem against it. So I'm voting for the DEm. and that's the way that goes.

The incumbant in my district voted for it. I walked up to the Republican going against him and asked him "I have one question, would you have voted on the bailout?"...he said "You're damned right I would have, it's the only thing Steve Israel and I agree on" and I walked away....with no one to vote for. But I can't bring myself to vote for either!

I just wonder....if the rest of the country will keep these guys in. If they do, my God, we deserve what we get!

No. As far as my Congressman is concerned, Ralph Regula is retiring at the end of his term so I don't have to bother trying to vote him out. The two running to replace him don't seem to be great candidates either, however. I've not gotten a response from either campaign as to whether they would have voted for the bailouts, which doesn't make me feel good about them.

I wont be voting for my representative cause he is a liberal claiming to be a republican and he lost my vote 4 years ago. I will be voting for my Senator, not sure if Dole voted for it or not. Don't care. It was needed.

As a mindless Obama supporter, I will vote for Obama no matter what.

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

As a mindless Obama supporter, I will vote for Obama no matter what.

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

As a republican, I will vote for a 3rd bush term. I'll blame freddy and fanny for the economy and continue to say i'm a fiscal conservative while simultiously defend $10 bill a month spending in iraq.

I will fight healthcare for all and defend war for profit while maintaining my pro life christian position.

I'll grow government because I hate government.

I'll socialize losses and privatize profits.

I'll rape the middle class. I am a republican.

And i'll steal this election if you don't agree, so fuck what you all think.

As a republican, I will vote for a 3rd bush term. I'll blame freddy and fanny for the economy and continue to say i'm a fiscal conservative while simultiously defend $10 bill a month spending in iraq.

I will fight healthcare for all and defend war for profit while maintaining my pro life christian position.

I'll grow government because I hate government.

I'll socialize losses and privatize profits.

I'll rape the middle class. I am a republican.

And i'll steal this election if you don't agree, so fuck what you all think.

ok, but will you vote in your congressman if he/she voted for the bailout?

ok, but will you vote in your congressman if he/she voted for the bailout?

Rudy and mccain like to say they won't make pro choice a factor in their appointments to the supreme court. A litmus test is their catch phrase

So no, I will not use the bailout as my litmus test I'm much smarter than that.

That would be a victory for the republicans that did all this to us.

So carl levin and debbie stabinow are safe. And I'm voting against thadius mccotter even though he voted against it. Because he supported the war for 6 yrs now. Voted and defended bush for 8 yrs. The gop/rich made up this bank robbery and crashed your stock and you wanna blame who?

Rudy and mccain like to say they won't make pro choice a factor in their appointments to the supreme court. A litmus test is their catch phrase

So no, I will not use the bailout as my litmus test I'm much smarter than that.

That would be a victory for the republicans that did all this to us.

So carl levin and debbie stabinow are safe. And I'm voting against thadius mccotter even though he voted against it. Because he supported the war for 6 yrs now. Voted and defended bush for 8 yrs. The gop/rich made up this bank robbery and crashed your stock and you wanna blame who?

So you are going to vote for someone who voted for the bail-out, even though it is an attack on our very freedoms and our Constitution as well?

(BTW, my apologies that you voted and defended Bush for 8 years.)

ps. Did you hear instead of using the initial bailout money to start giving out loans, the bankers want to use the money to consolidate power and buy up other banks.

Biggest bank heist in US history.

We gotta vote out the people who are in oil, defense, banking, big business and energy. They shouldn't run government.

ps. Did you hear instead of using the initial bailout money to start giving out loans, the bankers want to use the money to consolidate power and buy up other banks.

Biggest bank heist in US history.

We gotta vote out the people who are in oil, defense, banking, big business and energy. They shouldn't run government.

Nice thought. Don't forget the Enablers. (An enabler is a person who through his or her actions allows someone else to achieve something.)

So you are going to vote for someone who voted for the bail-out, even though it is an attack on our very freedoms and our Constitution as well?

(BTW, my apologies that you voted and defended Bush for 8 years.)

Who are you voting for? Mccain and obama both voted for it.

Can you imagine how bad the gop would have crashed the economy if we didn't give them the money? And we only gave you some. We'll see next yr. We just can't make it an issue, same with iraq. If you support the war, then you vote out the republicans. If not, we'll keep supporting the troops, even though we know its wrong, you want it so you got it. Meanwhile you don't even realize who's doing it to you.

Who are you voting for? Mccain and obama both voted for it.

Can you imagine how bad the gop would have crashed the economy if we didn't give them the money? And we only gave you some. We'll see next yr. We just can't make it an issue, same with iraq. If you support the war, then you vote out the republicans. If not, we'll keep supporting the troops, even though we know its wrong, you want it so you got it. Meanwhile you don't even realize who's doing it to you.

I don't know who I'm going to vote for since Bob Barr is a Republican running on the Libertarian ticket. I might flip a coin in the voting booth.

So are you going to vote for McCain or Obama or someone else?

I don't know who I'm going to vote for since Bob Barr is a Republican running on the Libertarian ticket. I might flip a coin in the voting booth.

So are you going to vote for McCain or Obama or someone else?

I like obama. Mostly I want the republicans to not be in the white house. I would have liked biden, richardson, ron paul, dowd, edwards or hillary. Mccain was the least offensive of the mainstream republicans, but he wou continue the gop's agenda and we've had enough of that.

Give obama a chance. You see how the dems can't end the occupation with bush in office? war for profit. why would the corporate war profiteers want to end the gravy train? Obama was anti war from the very beginning.

I like obama. Mostly I want the republicans to not be in the white house. I would have liked biden, richardson, ron paul, dowd, edwards or hillary. Mccain was the least offensive of the mainstream republicans, but he wou continue the gop's agenda and we've had enough of that.

Give obama a chance. You see how the dems can't end the occupation with bush in office? war for profit. why would the corporate war profiteers want to end the gravy train? Obama was anti war from the very beginning.

Obama voted for the bail-out and will implement an economic policy which will harm the economy. I cannot in good conscience vote for him even though I am sure he will win. If the Democrats were going to lose Congress, I would feel better about it, but that probably won't happen until 2010. Expect a rough ride.

Forum List

Back