Will any illegal drug in the USA become legal in the next 30 years?

Depends. If we continue to lower our standards as a nation and a people, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the illegal drugs of today legalized. Too bad. The deeper we go into the sewer, the more abnormal things seem to be accepted as normal. When does it stop? When do you say "enough is enough"? I don't see that idea on the horizon.

I think Marijuana will be decriminalized. Given the money we waste on the war on drugs, I'd like to see coke decriminalized also

Now if we could tax the stuff ....
Why is it the committed leftist just can't allow freedom for the sake of freedom?

Nope....They just gotta line Big Daddy Big Gubmint's pockets.

Wankers.

Yup...thats the way things work in this great nation. If you run a legitimate business, you pay taxes on your profit
Well, thanks for the inadvertently candid moment, admitting that you're really not for individual liberty and responsibility, and are just interested in this issue as another taxing scam.

Eventually somebody in D.C. is going to come to their senses and realize that the War on Drugs... otherwise known as the law enforcement employment act... does not work. Prohibition never, ever works. Never has, never will.

Everytime the feds prohibit something that an individual chooses to use or ingest in his/her own body, a criminal enterprise springs up to support that demand. If the USA legalized drugs, global drug cartels would implode immediately, crime would decrease immensely, prisons and court rooms would have manageable workloads, taxpayers would save hundreds of billions of dollars annually, and addicts could be physician-assisted toward rehab if wanted, and monitor their health if rehab wasn't wanted.

Face it, major crime in just about every country in this continent is caused by drug cartels. If they go away, the majority of major crime magically disappears.

People who don't do drugs now are not going to run out and get high because it's legal, any more than people who don't drink become alcoholics because liquor is legal, or people who don't smoke decide to take up the habit because tobacco is legal. If people want to indulge in behavior that is damaging to their bodies, frankly they have the right to make that choice. Government money would be better spent educating them as to why they shouldn't make that choice instead of incarcerating them because they did.

It's really quite simple, and historically proven to be correct.

Forum List

Back