Will Anti Mormonism be a factor in this Election?

I have decided not to hold his religion against him until his campaign starts using it as a selling point and so far this has not been the case, besides, I happen to believe Romney is ultimately an authoritarian Mammonist like the rest of the conservatives.
I have never seen Romney put his religion before us either, and he was my governor when I lived in Massachusetts, but my question is more about the Evangelicals that have been told never to accept Mormonism....or a Morman in the Whitehouse...(sure they also have been told never to accept an atheist as well....)

there are a lot of reasons for me not to vote for romney.

his religion isn't one of them and he has no history of inserting religion into his political or business career. the fact that he owes the radical religious right if he were to win is far more worrying.

I don't worry about that because the radical religious right has helped every Republican since 1980, and they have very little to show for their support.

Romney, on the other hand, actually believes in the Religious Crazy... As opposed to Reagan and the Bushes who were just humoring these people.

In 1960, there was some opposition to Kennedy because of his affiliation with the Roman Church. That came mostly from 'conservative' quarters. It seems reasonable that many will not like the Mormon penchant of the current Republican candidate, though his association with 'conservatism' may complicate the reasoning in those ranks.

In 1960, there was some opposition to Kennedy because of his affiliation with the Roman Church. That came mostly from 'conservative' quarters. It seems reasonable that many will not like the Mormon penchant of the current Republican candidate, though his association with 'conservatism' may complicate the reasoning in those ranks.

Catholicism is the original Christian Church.

Mormonism is a whacky cult made up by a con man who got caught boinking the teenage maid.

Not even comparable.

"Catholicism" is a propaganda term of the Roman Church and not the 'original' church of the Christian community.
When the words of Jesus are compared to what most 'Christians' of any flavor practice it causes one to wonder why we associate them with him.
The practices and forced ideas of these various sects is not greatly different from T.C.O.J.C.O.L.D.S.

The LDS Church is reaping the benefits of the additional publicity.

Keep up the good work !

The LDS Church is reaping the benefits of the additional publicity.

Keep up the good work !

If by "People are starting to realize how batshit crazy you folks are", then, yes, you are benefiting.

Our numbers are only going in one direction.

Please keep your venom and bitterness flowing. It is a nice contrast.

The only reason why your numbers go up is because when people get out of your whacky, insane, evil cult, you don't take them off the list.

Like most cults, you get people to join for a few years, they have a case of "What was I thinking?" and get out... but you still keep them on the list for the Celestial Heaven, or whatever crazy you nuts believe.

If by "People are starting to realize how batshit crazy you folks are", then, yes, you are benefiting.

The only reason why your numbers go up is because when people get out of your whacky, insane, evil cult, you don't take them off the list.

Like most cults, you get people to join for a few years, they have a case of "What was I thinking?" and get out... but you still keep them on the list for the Celestial Heaven, or whatever crazy you nuts believe.

The number of active members continues to increase, despite your desires to the contrary.

I agree that we don't take "less actives" off the roles and there are many of us who wish we would.

Additionally, the percentage of actives less than 25 years old (as a percentage of population) is significantly higher. That means lots of kiddies growing up (and even after attrition) having lots of more little mormon kiddies.....

I saw a picture the other day of a couple who is active (converted about 40 years ago) and now have about 60 kids/grandkids/great-grandkids.....almost all of them active.

Sorry, Joe.

The number of active members continues to increase, despite your desires to the contrary.

I agree that we don't take "less actives" off the roles and there are many of us who wish we would.

Additionally, the percentage of actives less than 25 years old (as a percentage of population) is significantly higher. That means lots of kiddies growing up (and even after attrition) having lots of more little mormon kiddies.....

I saw a picture the other day of a couple who is active (converted about 40 years ago) and now have about 60 kids/grandkids/great-grandkids.....almost all of them active.

Sorry, Joe.

Well, you should be sorry.

I'm sorry you believe in a lot of hockum made up by a con man who got caught screwing the maid.

I'm sorry you lack the reasoning skills to get away from it, because you fear death to much to think for yourself.

I realized Catholicism was bullshit when I was 11. Catholicism is practically sensible compared to the LDS Crazy.

we aren't suppose to question Obama's choice of Rev. Wrights religious teachings, that would be racist

but it's ok to bring in Romneys religion I guess

we aren't suppose to question Obama's choice of Rev. Wrights religious teachings, that would be racist

We did question Obama's stance on Wright, and he forcefully denounced Wright's rhetoric.

So when is Romney going to renounce Monson and the rest of the LDS' Cult teachings?

Can we even get Romney to say "Mormon" in public?

We did question Obama's stance on Wright, and he forcefully denounced Wright's rhetoric.

So when is Romney going to renounce Monson and the rest of the LDS' Cult teachings?

This this and more this. obama was hammered for his church's anti-america attitude. The only thing that holds that attack back is the church itself. In order to attack Obama's religion you have to admit he is christian, and then you would have to attack a pretty normal congregation. The reason why there is not a much larger attack on Obama's religion is because the right decided to tell people he was a secret muslim.

Anti Obamaism will more likely be a factor.
Whereas resitance, objection and antipathy to Obama could have been described as blase' in 2008, the most apt description for the feeling in 2012 would be a venomous hatred. America will be ungovernable should Obama win re election, and God willing, its not likely the Head Of The Chicago Communist School will finish his second term.
Every one who showed up at a Chick Fil A yesterday did so, at least in part, to give Obama the one fingered salute.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/08/map-of-chick-fil-a-appreciation-day-across-america/?tw_p=twt

Last edited:

Sorry, Joe.

Well, you should be sorry.

I'm sorry you believe in a lot of hockum made up by a con man who got caught screwing the maid.

I'm sorry you lack the reasoning skills to get away from it, because you fear death to much to think for yourself.

I realized Catholicism was bullshit when I was 11. Catholicism is practically sensible compared to the LDS Crazy.

No Joe,

Sorry this does not jive with your wishes.

The LDS church is only going in one direction. Imagine if Romney gets elected.

Romney president....

Ried Senate president.....

They don't (or probably don't like each other).....

And most superconservative LDS don't like either of them.

The LDS church is no more a monolith than the GOP when it comes to people.

But you keep whining.

This this and more this. obama was hammered for his church's anti-america attitude. The only thing that holds that attack back is the church itself. In order to attack Obama's religion you have to admit he is christian, and then you would have to attack a pretty normal congregation. The reason why there is not a much larger attack on Obama's religion is because the right decided to tell people he was a secret muslim.

Well I like your arguement, I think it's a little off base.....For one thing, just because someone says they are a christian, doesnt mean they are. Listening to Wright, I dont think he is...now this is based on that his church seems to worry about politics and social gospel crap, rather than Jesus and the bible......kinda like this guy
John Shelby Spong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was the top bishop for the Epicapalian Church, and he is not a christian.......who knew??????

I have decided not to hold his religion against him until his campaign starts using it as a selling point and so far this has not been the case, besides, I happen to believe Romney is ultimately an authoritarian Mammonist like the rest of the conservatives.
I have never seen Romney put his religion before us either, and he was my governor when I lived in Massachusetts, but my question is more about the Evangelicals that have been told never to accept Mormonism....or a Morman in the Whitehouse...(sure they also have been told never to accept an atheist as well....)

Considering the alternative, I would think Evangelicals would do well to grow up, set the faith of the candidates aside for a moment and make an educated choice...which I'm confident they will.

:lol:

Good Lord...

Forum List

Back