Will an overcrowded GOP field hurt their 2016 chances?

At least there will be some semblance of choice.
So far the Left has Hillary and two whackadoodles that are so far in left field Hillary is their only vhoive

I think that's funny. Bernie Sanders is hardly a whackadoodle.

And....there are still a few who may enter. One of them isn't Elizabeth Warren.
O'Malley....Gilibrand....Schweitzer.....none are whackadoodles.

On the DEM side, I personally think that in addition to Sanders, O'Malley (D-MD) AND Schweitzer (D-MT) should enter the race. And actually, Hickenlooper (D-CO) could make a run as well. A little competition is good for the steel magnolia named Hillary Clinton. :D

I know that I am getting old, but I clearly remember when GOP candidates were not crazy. In fact, Bush 1 wasn't crazy.

Those were the good old days.

I will say it again, and very openly.

No other presidential candidate in history had a resume as deep as Bush 41's.

The depth and breadth of that man's experience is, frankly, awesome.

He was a decent guy who broke his no-taxes pledge.

I know that I am getting old, but I clearly remember when GOP candidates were not crazy. In fact, Bush 1 wasn't crazy.

Those were the good old days.

I will say it again, and very openly.

No other presidential candidate in history had a resume as deep as Bush 41's.

The depth and breadth of that man's experience is, frankly, awesome.

He was a decent guy who broke his no-taxes pledge.

I disagree about him being "decent".

The Bushes are the most corrupt in modern day politics and he's the patriarch.

We are barely out of the gate and the GOP already has a few confirmed candidates, and more are sure to announce their run. Is this a good thing for the GOP? How different are any of their stances? In my opinion, an overcrowded GOP field will be a detriment. They will spend the primaries destroying each other, and come the general elections the nominee will be damaged goods to independents and more than a few GOP voters. In recent years it seems the GOP has thrown out too many candidates at one time.

It doesn't matter unless one thing happens:

One of them decides to go 3rd party. Paul/Cruz start a 3rd party and it's all over.

We are barely out of the gate and the GOP already has a few confirmed candidates, and more are sure to announce their run. Is this a good thing for the GOP? How different are any of their stances? In my opinion, an overcrowded GOP field will be a detriment. They will spend the primaries destroying each other, and come the general elections the nominee will be damaged goods to independents and more than a few GOP voters. In recent years it seems the GOP has thrown out too many candidates at one time.
I'm lousy at this stuff, but from what I've seen so far, my guess is that the Dems are gonna be more civil to each other than the Republicans will be. They want Bernie or Liz but they'll vote for Hillary. I'm not so sure the Tea Party wing will vote for a "RINO" at this point, they still appear to be demanding purity.

One of them decides to go 3rd party. Paul/Cruz start a 3rd party and it's all over.

Huckabee could do that. In fact, just 3 months ago, he threatened to do just that.

I'm lousy at this stuff, but from what I've seen so far, my guess is that the Dems are gonna be more civil to each other than the Republicans will be. They want Bernie or Liz but they'll vote for Hillary. I'm not so sure the Tea Party wing will vote for a "RINO" at this point, they still appear to be demanding purity.

Yepp.

Huckabee could do that. In fact, just 3 months ago, he threatened to do just that.
I'm not sure how many votes Huckster would pull from the GOP nominee. Cruz & Paul could get 5% without breaking a sweat.

11204985_837955902964132_3995281453155098233_n.jpg

I'm not sure how many votes Huckster would pull from the GOP nominee. Cruz & Paul could get 5% without breaking a sweat.

Indeed. In fact, I think the Paulians could make life very hard for the GOP if Rand is not at least offered the VP slot.

you see the libs are hypocrites. They have one candidate; we will have a lot of candidates- but remember THEY are the ones with the big tent, are tolerant and welcome everyone....

You didn't mind having only one candidate in 1972, only 2 in 1976, only 2 in 1980, only 1 in 1984, only 3 in 1988, only one in 1992, only 2 or 3 in 1996, only 3 in 2000, only one in 2004.....

My, how Righties have SHORT memories.

The republicans do not have a lot of candidates. They have a 2 or 3. The rest are just escapees from the asylum who want their 15 minutes of fame. However, the clown bus isn't full until Trump gets on it....

Forum List

Back