Will an overcrowded GOP field hurt their 2016 chances?

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
We are barely out of the gate and the GOP already has a few confirmed candidates, and more are sure to announce their run. Is this a good thing for the GOP? How different are any of their stances? In my opinion, an overcrowded GOP field will be a detriment. They will spend the primaries destroying each other, and come the general elections the nominee will be damaged goods to independents and more than a few GOP voters. In recent years it seems the GOP has thrown out too many candidates at one time.

The more they have running, the more attack dogs they have to perpetrate their propaganda against the Shrilll.

A candidate who has to spend a lot of money to win the nomination, is at a disadvantage to one who could save that money up for the general election I would think.

The list of who is NOT running is fast becoming shorter than the list of candidates but, just as in the last two generals, its their individual message that will take each of them down.

There isn't one of them whose platform is not harmful to the people and/or the country.

This just in. As Palin was boarding the bus, she was stampeded by a gaggle of clowns, and thrown under the bus. As the bus drove away, a shrill voice was heard shouting, 'But I was first in line!"

You can't stop people from running and several will fall away fairly quickly in my opinion and in the end you will have about five or six serious contenders. You also have to wonder how much having basically only one choice Hillary will hurt the Democrats in 2016 a lack of choices on the Dem side could turn voters off and with no other contenders to consider the right can focus all their attention on Hillary as can the media.

If the candidates can debate the points and not go feral, there may be a very good candidate come from the field.

You can't stop people from running and several will fall away fairly quickly in my opinion and in the end you will have about five or six serious contenders. You also have to wonder how much having basically only one choice Hillary will hurt the Democrats in 2016 a lack of choices on the Dem side could turn voters off and with no other contenders to consider the right can focus all their attention on Hillary as can the media.

When you speak.....do you ever pause to think, breathe, or establish emphasis?

Five or six serious contenders? Was that a joke?

When you speak.....do you ever pause to think, breathe, or establish emphasis?

Five or six serious contenders? Was that a joke?

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Who are these "five or six serious contenders"?

When we get to hear their names?

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

oops, almost forgot #6:

:banana:

At least there will be some semblance of choice.
So far the Left has Hillary and two whackadoodles that are so far in left field Hillary is their only vhoive

My next door neighbor may run for president. He is upset that Obama hasn't closed GITMO like he promised. He says that he will execute all the prisoners, and close it within the first 20 days in office. He also wants the Panama Canal back.

simple no it will not,choice is a good thing,something that seems to escape so many on the left.

So far the Left has Hillary and two whackadoodles that are so far in left field Hillary is their only vhoive

I think that's funny. Bernie Sanders is hardly a whackadoodle.

And....there are still a few who may enter. One of them isn't Elizabeth Warren.
O'Malley....Gilibrand....Schweitzer.....none are whackadoodles.

I think that's funny. Bernie Sanders is hardly a whackadoodle.

And....there are still a few who may enter. One of them isn't Elizabeth Warren.
O'Malley....Gilibrand....Schweitzer.....none are whackadoodles.
Did your spellchecker balk at 'whackadoodle' too?
:D

Forum List

Back