Will Americans turn over power to the Democrats when we have a booming economy and low unemployment

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I seriously doubt Americans will want to end the economic boom by turning over power to the Democrats.

Keep in mind that we had an 8-year recession while the Democrats were in charge, and they didn't even try to fix it.

I remember well, and will not forget, and neither will the other Americans who suffered during the Obama economy.

Americans are traditionally hard on mid-term incumbent parties.

The out-of-power party wants revenge and gets out the vote.

The incumbent party feels secure, doesn't bother to vote.

The moderates and independents, 70% of all voters, feel nothing is at stake and stay home as well.

One thing that may change the game is the non-stop, over-the-top, bashing that The President has been receiving at the hands of the partisan media.

Republicans know the power for the President to keep reforming is at risk and the average American has grown sick-and-tired of all the attacks and smears that are so obviously partisan in nature.

It will be interesting to see how that turns into voter participation in the mid-terms.

I think November will present huge suprises for the so-called experts who are predicting a Dim takeover in Congress.

Leftist voters will not turn out because they're doing just fine and don't want to upset the apple cart.

Conservatives and independents will go to the polls simply to keep things going as they are.

Pocketbooks and wallets play a massive roll in politics.

I think November will present huge suprises for the so-called experts who are predicting a Dim takeover in Congress.

Leftist voters will not turn out because they're doing just fine and don't want to upset the apple cart.

Conservatives and independents will go to the polls simply to keep things going as they are.

Pocketbooks and wallets play a massive roll in politics.
My thought exactly.

Now that things are going gangbusters, the Americans are not going to switch horses.

I seriously doubt Americans will want to end the economic boom by turning over power to the Democrats.

Keep in mind that we had an 8-year recession while the Democrats were in charge, and they didn't even try to fix it.

I remember well, and will not forget, and neither will the other Americans who suffered during the Obama economy.

Meh. I think you are looking at a snap shot instead of the longer term picture. The economy was heading in the same direction under Obama. Go look at the stock market and unemployment charts of the last decade or so.

Meh. I think you are looking at a snap shot instead of the longer term picture. The economy was heading in the same direction under Obama. Go look at the stock market and unemployment charts of the last decade or so.
I remember the horrible Obama economy very well, so you're not going to fool me.

I remember the horrible Obama economy very well, so you're not going to fool me.

No really, look back longer my friend. If you weren't alive in 2007 I wouldn't think you'd know about the crash. We can say the recovery should have been quicker or you didn't like that extra paperwork Obama made your mortgage company include but the economy crashed pre Obama and slowly righted itself while he was in office.

Your argument is not based on time. Your argument should be based on the Obama recovery being someone else's fault. You could say the real estate market was going to fixish itself w/o him for example.

The economy was slowly improving under Obama also. I believe trump came aboard a train going in that direction. Problem is wages not keeping up with the cost of living and republicans eliminating as many environmental laws as they can before they're booted out of power.

Well Barry left Trump a fair hand but Trump has improved on it big time.

They both deserve credit.

As for the mid terms?? All the GOP has to do is play Pelosi telling everyone that if the Dim's take the house she want to raise taxes.

That should do it. LOL

I remember the horrible economy Obama was handed in 2009, and I think most Americans who aren't given to spreading antagonistic anti-american propaganda remember it to. Oh hell, even those people remember it, they just want to spread lies about a decent man to foster hate and division among Americans.

There’s so much going on I don’t think it’s going to be possible to accurately predict what’s going to happen this November. What we need to do it we need to just get off the boat.

I think a majority of the country likes the economy. I think that will be a factor in this election. But with all the propaganda and dirty tricks going on who knows what’s going to happen?

Yes, because of nuclear war and Trump is a Nazi who will execute gays and women.

So, he has to go.

Hitler also got the German economy going, then he turned into Trump.

Same thing here.

Fuck the economy. Trump is a racist and we need 64 bathrooms.

They didn't have any problem turning it over to the Republicans when we had a booming economy and low unemployment.

Which is strange considering the fact they created none of it, and only wrecked it everytime it has been turned over to them.

Who wants to go back to the suck ass Obama economy? Nobody? Yeah thought so. Even millennials are now crediting Trump.

Wait Blues.

Are you blaming the economy in 2009 on Obama or the one in 2017?

Well everybody knows the unemployment rate pre-Orange Messiah, was always a steady 15, 20 or even over 50 percent. All that changed in 2017. Best economy evahh!

Who wants to go back to the suck ass Obama economy? Nobody? Yeah thought so. Even millennials are now crediting Trump.

Wait Blues.

Fact, Democrats did everything in their power from 2006 to 2009 to destroy the economy, just so they could win an election in Nov 2008.

Democrats did everything they could in 2009 to win the 2008 election?

So you admit the economy sucked in 2007, 2008 and 2009 (causes aside)

How was Obama's economy in 2016? Causes aside again.

You give humans too much credit. Look around you, the less liberals have to complain about the more they complain. The voting booth is no different.

Wait Blues.

Fact, Democrats did everything in their power from 2006 to 2009 to destroy the economy, just so they could win an election in Nov 2008.

Democrats did everything they could in 2009 to win the 2008 election?

So you admit the economy sucked in 2007, 2008 and 2009 (causes aside)

How was Obama's economy in 2016? Causes aside again.

You obviously don't know that Bill Clinton had to take Obama aside several months into Obama's 1st term and tell the moron to stop badmouthing the economy. Bill told him look you won so enough with the economic doom and gloom talk.

Forum List

Back