Will all these tea party people...

You can't really spend your way out of a depression either especially when excessive government spending and regulation was the primary reason for that depression.

TEA by the way idiots of the left is a freaking acronym. Taxed Enough Already.

I've actually seen more on the right who apparently didn't understand the reference to tea parties.

I had also thought is was a nod to the Boston tea party of yore.

Inspired doesn't mean replicated for cause. Indeed, in this case it is earlier days than the actual Tea Party was at in its point in time. Trying to be 'heard' by politicians refuse to acknowledge they are acting contrary to what they campaigned for. It's not just President Obama or the Democratic Congress, indeed it started long ago, escalated drastically under Bush, that waged a two front war, while increasing domestic spending and foreign aid.

You can't really spend your way out of a depression either especially when excessive government spending and regulation was the primary reason for that depression.

How was excessive Govt spending and regulation the cause of the recession?

It was the Democratic insistence upon houses for everyone who couldn't afford them.

There were more than a few Republicans agreeing with them. But you knew that.

Actually the problem is much more difficult than that. A few republicans but almost no Democrats understand the problem though frankly there isn't a whole hell of a lot the Feds can do about it since the problem has far more to do with state and local regulation than it does with Federal regulations.

It was the Democratic insistence upon houses for everyone who couldn't afford them.

There were more than a few Republicans agreeing with them. But you knew that.

Name them all and everyone of them can be proven to be a liberal Republican from liberal districts.

I'm supposed to do your homework, when I do you say they were really 'liberals.' You are one of the 'Evangelicals'/religious right that are tanking 'conservatives.' YOU are NOT a conservative. You are analogous to the 'Christian' version of an extremist Muslim.

Most of the banks who wrote the sub primes were not covered by CRA.

How can you blame this one act when so many others wrote a shit load of the bad loans and had no law telling them to write them?

With all due respect the threat of a lawsuit makes you covered whether you are or not. You familair with the red lining rules?

You mean like this speech in 2002 by Bush?

And it starts with setting a goal. And so by the year 2010, we must increase minority home owners by at least 5.5 million. In order to close the homeownership gap, we've got to set a big goal for America, and focus our attention and resources on that goal. (Applause.) And I picked a good man to help realize that goal, in Mel Martinez. I don't know if you know Mel's story, but -- (applause) -- it's an interesting story. Mel was born in Cuba. (Applause.) Yes. Mel brought his cousins with him. (Laughter.) All two of them, anyway. (Laughter and applause.)

And so one of the things that I'm going to talk about a little bit today is how to create a sustained commitment by the private sector that will have a powerful impact. First of all, we want to make sure that we help work to expand capital available to buyers, and as I mentioned, overcome the barriers that I've delineated, as well as provide the education component. In other words, this is not just a federal responsibility.

That's why I've challenged the industry leaders all across the country to get after it for this goal, to stay focused, to make sure that we achieve a more secure America, by achieving the goal of 5.5 million new minority home owners. I call it America's home ownership challenge.

And let me talk about some of the progress which we have made to date, as an example for others to follow. First of all, government sponsored corporations that help create our mortgage system -- I introduced two of the leaders here today -- they call those people Fannie May and Freddie Mac, as well as the federal home loan banks, will increase their commitment to minority markets by more than $440 billion. (Applause.) I want to thank Leland and Franklin for that commitment. It's a commitment that conforms to their charters, as well, and also conforms to their hearts.

With all due respect the threat of a lawsuit makes you covered whether you are or not. You familair with the red lining rules?

Any information on what percentage of loans made to minorities default is compared to the overal default amount?

And even assuming it is true that banks lent to minorities more, how does that excuse their dramatic failure to calculate the risk associated with these pools securities? How does that make it Govt's (much less Dems) fault? No one put a gun to the head of these institutions to buy these securized packages. If they thought they were too risky because of minority lender they could have said "no gracias". Obviously they didn't -- because they were making shitloads of $$$, not because anyone was forcing them to do it.

Any information on what percentage of loans made to minorities default is compared to the overal default amount?

And even assuming it is true that banks lent to minorities more, how does that excuse their dramatic failure to calculate the risk associated with these pools securities? How does that make it Govt's (much less Dems) fault? No one put a gun to the head of these institutions to buy these securized packages. If they thought they were too risky because of minority lender they could have said "no gracias". Obviously they didn't -- because they were making shitloads of $$$, not because anyone was forcing them to do it.

Redlining was wrong, those that did so, including Chicago should and were punished. That doesn't result in an excuse for mortgages for those with no sources of income, no downpayment, no or poor credit rating.

Redlining was about people qualified and denied the housing opportunities they were qualified for.

Why the left seems so unhinged over the Tea Parties

The Tea Party : MetroPulse.com

The Tea Party
Wallace, Perot demonstrated anger’s impact on political process

By Metro Pulse Staff

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The national tea party movement, exemplified by the protest on the World’s Fair site last week, is, according to its critics, an incoherent and illogical phenomenon invented and promoted by bloggers, Fox News, and talk radio hosts.

Well, yeah. Instapundit, talk radio, and Fox News enabled the meet-ups. You don’t think The New York Times and MSNBC would help them get the message out do you? But you can’t turn people out for a protest if there isn’t a motivating energy and, yes, anger that drives it. Ask the environmental movement or any other issues-oriented interest group the last time they were able to organize a national protest with this kind of turnout.

The energy is real and significant and it ought not be ignored. There is very real anger across America and if political polling is to be believed it is not directed at President Obama. It is an anger directed at Washington in general, both political parties, and the prospect of a bankrupt federal government. The pictures I saw at the protests across the country had as many anti-Bush signs as anti-Obama signs.

The question for our political system is where this anger finds expression in the future and whether it re-invigorates the Republican Party or splinters it to pieces. Remember the populist anger harnessed by Alabama Gov. George Wallace—who rode it to national prominence with a third political party? We should also remember Ross Perot, who used the budget deficit to destroy a sitting president and elect Bill Clinton.

Will tea parties become the Tea Party?...

Oh yes, the Democrat's fault!!! Not to mention increasing spending EVERYWHERE while lowering taxes.....Great Idea!! Oh yea and there was that $7.00 for a gallon of gas thing that caused people to spend 20% of their salary to get to work!!!----Nah, all the Democrats' fault!!!

Forum List

Back