Will all these tea party people...

• Banned
i think they are protesting how much money the government is spending to bail out failed companies .....

Is that what they were doing at the original tea party? I thought they were protesting not government spending - not even taxation per se - but being taxed without representatives in Parliament. Am I missing part of history (other than my first 2 years in college) ?

i think they are protesting how much money the government is spending to bail out failed companies .....

Is that what they were doing at the original tea party? I thought they were protesting not government spending - not even taxation per se - but being taxed without representatives in Parliament. Am I missing part of history (other than my first 2 years in college) ?

nope.... you are quite correct the original tea party was to protest taxes levied on tea by england....if memory serves.....i guess they have coopted the name and defined their own cause......kind of funny to watch the "right" protest....my guess is they won't be very good at it.....

• Banned

nope.... you are quite correct the original tea party was to protest taxes levied on tea by england....if memory serves.....i guess they have coopted the name and defined their own cause......kind of funny to watch the "right" protest....my guess is they won't be very good at it.....

I'm not sure how they are going to find the time to protest. They all have jobs, and we all know that people who protest don't have jobs.

I think they should protest with their fucking feet and move one of the few nations on the Earth with a flat tax - Russia.

I'm not sure how they are going to find the time to protest. They all have jobs, and we all know that people who protest don't have jobs.

I think they should protest with their fucking feet and move one of the few nations on the Earth with a flat tax - Russia.

maybe they are taking a sick day and working the man for a paid day off to stick it to the man.....

Yes then we could vote out Putin's stooge and get a real government of the people by the people and for the people up and running as opposed to this current government of the tax cheats by the tax cheats and for the tax cheats that the US currently has.

For some reason I'm guessing no one, much less anyone going to tea parties is interested in impressing the likes of Spidey or DavidS. Quite the contrary.

maybe they are taking a sick day and working the man for a paid day off to stick it to the man.....

So they are going to lie to their bosses. A damn shame.

So they are going to lie to their bosses. A damn shame.

maybe they are the bosses.....so they will just take the day off.....

Or we could take a day of vacation you ignorant twits.

gee.....could ya.....wow....you are so smart.....you do know sick days are use it or lose it but vacation is paid out upon termination.....so using a vacation day is spending your money and taking a sick day is like stealing and more edgy protester like.....

but hey this is your summer of love so play it as you see fit.....

You aren't keeping up well are you? Most places now it is the exact opposite. You can carry over sick leave from year to year but no more than a week of vacation.

You aren't keeping up well are you? Most places now it is the exact opposite. You can carry over sick leave from year to year but no more than a week of vacation.

and when you are fired the sick leave is not paid out

I've never been fired. Been laid off a few times. Never been fired. I will be sixty one in less than four months. Ask me if I care if I get laid off after that.

We are going Galt! I'm pulling my kids out of school. My husband's taking the day off to go with us.

Forum List

Back