Will Al-Quaeda attack this weekend? If so, where? During Monday Night Football??

eseid

Rookie
Aug 1, 2004
Will Al-Quaeda attack this weekend? If so, where? During Monday Night Football??
I am writing this post because I am concerned that the latest bin Laden video only makes sense (for him) if it is followed by an attack before the election.

I guess no one really knows if this video is an empty threat, or if there is an impending attack (or an attempt at one) in the works before the election. Doesn't it seem odd that Bin Laden would release a video that almost certainly will help Bush??? Why would he do this??? I don't buy the liberals' spin that he wants and needs George Bush to remain in office in order to continue recruiting new martyrs....I just don't buy it.

So it seems very plausible that the video is going to be followed by an attack in the next 2-3 days. But this attack, in order to hurt Bush, will need to be blamed on him.....something that the Kerry camp can take an run with immediately which points the finger directly at Bush for failing to protect us. One possibility is something at one of our ports. Kerry has repeatedly asserted that Bush has failed to adequately inspect containers coming into the US. He did so during the debates and it was a strong point.

Question: What would the political fallout be (not that that is all that I'm concerned about!!!!) if a dirty-bomb or massive explosive device is set off outside the Meadowlands during Monday night football this Monday? What if this attack kills thousands of spectators? What if it is quickly learned that the explosives (nuclear or conventional) made it past the port inspections?? Isn't it possible that this could cause outrage at the Bush administration? I think it is possible...and that is what troubles me. It explains why Bin Laden would release this video.

Here's a quote from Schumer in 2002:
"The idea of a truck containing a nuclear device in the center of our center is terrifying, but not impossible. It doesn't matter how good our airport security is if all it takes to bring a nuclear device right into midtown is putting it on a ship or bringing it in on a truck," Schumer said. "Right now, our ability to detect nuclear weapons brought in through our ports, bridges and tunnels is virtually zero. Once terrorists can get that kind of weapon right into the heart of the city, God only knows what could happen. The longer it takes to put new detection technology at our ports and toll booths, the longer it takes to institute better inspection procedures, standards and techniques, and new Customs agents in place, the greater the risk. And this is not a risk any of us can afford to take."

http://www.schumer.senate.gov/SchumerWebsite/pressroom/press_releases/PR00985.html

I don't know what steps have been taken since this time. But he raises a terrifying point....a nuclear bomb wouldn't even have to make it ashore.....just into the harbor...in order to kill thousands. I checked out the location of the Meadowlands and it is bordered by the Hackensack River. Theoretically a vessel could enter the New Jersey Bay and travel up the river right to the stadium. I imagine that every possible security precaution is being taken to address this potential threat, but it does concern me.

I hope I'm not being an alarmist but I just am trying to figure out why Bin Laden would do this now???

I wish there was a forum for ordinary citizens to voice their specific concerns about possible attacks. There is strength in numbers, and if we learned anything form 9/11 is that our intelligence lacked "creative imagination" to think like a terrorist.

Personally I doubt it. One thing I will concede to them, is they are clever. Attacking us now would garner more support for Bush, something they do not want !

I know that is the conventional wisdom...that Americans would do the exact opposite of the spineless Spaniards and rally behind Bush instead of voting him out.

But what if, as I stated, the attack was #1) successful in killing hundreds or thousands of Americans and #2) it was immediately known to be the result of lack security in our ports or our border with Mexico?

These have been the two biggest talking points of John Kerry (actually, the first one is that Bush "took his eye off the ball" in attacking Iraq). I do think that the potential is there for such an attack to cause Bush to lose the election.

Sir Evil said:
However many including myself feel that Iraq was a nessacry step in the war on terrorism.

I'm with you on that one Sir Evil.

If they were going to attack this weekend, there would have been a tape afterwards, not before.

He has released a tape because he is in all probabilty impotent.

These are just the Islamofascist versions of campaign ads.

Zhukov said:
If they were going to attack this weekend, there would have been a tape afterwards, not before.

He has released a tape because he is in all probabilty impotent.

These are just the Islamofascist versions of campaign ads.

Right, terrorist campaign ads :thup:

Believe it or not some are actually arguing over who OBL wants to win the election. Some say the terrorists want Bush to win because OBL wants us to be mired in Iraq so we can't do much else and OBL will be left alone to do his thing (totally forgetting that Bush has destroyed about 75% of AlQaeda already)

I'm sure OBL prefers Kerry to win as he (OBL) would be able to breathe a sign of relief and have time to regroup and build up his decimated forces by the time Kerry got around to doing anything, if he ever did. For that reason, I sincerely doubt there will be any major attack before the election, just as there has been no attack for 3 years now under the leadership of Bush. Nothing worse than a bunch of angry Americans. :dev3:

These fanatics are still not going to change their minds about us if Kerry were to win. They will still try to kill us if they can and do everything they can to undermine the free world. If Kerry gets into office they will have a much better chance of doing so.

BUSHWACK KERRY 2004

Forum List

Back