Will Affirmative Action finally end now that Obama is President-Elect?

Is that the most pressing issue facing our country?

I'm figuring they aren't going to pursue your agenda for you.

It's just a wild guess but I'm betting there is some disagreement as to what is the most pressing issue facing our country. And that's not even including the next big things on the horizon.

Is that the most pressing issue facing our country?

I'm figuring they aren't going to pursue your agenda for you.

Forgive me. I didn't realize that the requirement for starting a new thread in the Politics section of USMB is that it had to be "the most pressing issue facing our country." It won't happen again.

Forgive me. I didn't realize that the requirement for starting a new thread in the Politics section of USMB is that it had to be "the most pressing issue facing our country." It won't happen again.

lol.. far be it from me to tell you what to post in politics so long as its a poltical issue. i was just wondering, i guess, why you felt it was an important issue.

his election clearly changes the race issue in this country. But how much will be interesting to see.

The next big issues will be...

1. Probably 3 SC Justices resigning so the Saviour can stack the court
2. Reparations for blacks...
3. Fairness doctrine to replace FREE speech with government mandated speech....

lol.. far be it from me to tell you what to post in politics so long as its a poltical issue. i was just wondering, i guess, why you felt it was an important issue.

his election clearly changes the race issue in this country. But how much will be interesting to see.

Yes, I'm just kidding. I was discriminated against because of affirmative action several times in my life. Giving preferential treatment to someone because of the color of their skin doesn't seem right to me.

Yes, I'm just kidding. I was discriminated against because of affirmative action several times in my life. Giving preferential treatment to someone because of the color of their skin doesn't seem right to me.

Been there too, but who cares, I'm just a honky ass cracker who's now the minority.
Idiot's:cuckoo:

Are we going to stop hearing from the black community how the white man has been holding them down all this time?

Or my father walked out or died on me thats why i am where I am

You have a black man who was raised by his grandma as President of the United States

Start to taking time for your responsibilities

What's odd is that I'm not entirely white. However, I discovered that because I am not African-American, it doesn't matter. Blacks have the advantage.

If only we had judged obama by the content of his character other than the color of his skin, maybe we wouldn't have this problem.

As we know it, there's a good chance that it will. Funny, Obama is on your side on this issue and you didn't even know it.
Obama, who graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School, has said he is firmly behind efforts to expand diversity, particularly in higher education. However, he has implied that such programs should be reexamined, and perhaps be more closely tied to class instead of race.
Asked if his young children would be candidates for affirmative action when they reach college, Obama said their middle-class upbringing should disqualify them.

"I think that my daughters should probably be treated by any [college] admissions officer as folks who are pretty advantaged," Obama said in an interview with ABC News. "We should take into account white kids who have been disadvantaged and have grown up in poverty and shown themselves to have what it takes to succeed."
Affirmative action foes point to Obama - The Boston Globe

What's odd is that I'm not entirely white. However, I discovered that because I am not African-American, it doesn't matter. Blacks have the advantage.

let me guess....is the other half, green? (or shall I say teal as in your picture? lol)

Discriminating against anyone because of the color of their skin isn't right. Does discriminating in their favor make up for it? Seems to be the case since the Bakke decision. FWIW, I am not a huge proponent of affirmative action. And you might have seen me mention that my first federal jury trial was second-seating a reverse discrimination case where we got our butts kicked.

But I think it is really improvident for anyone, at this early point, to start raising divisive race issues when there are really basic issues that need to be addressed.

Forum List

Back