Will actual DADT repeal get kicked down the road like closing Gitmo?

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
You betcha!

If it, uh, drags into 2012, it will get kicked until after the election.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Milita...l-signed-sealed-but-when-will-it-be-delivered

“I don't think anybody has any idea yet how long this will take,” Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell told reporters this week.

The lack of a concrete timetable is frustrating some gay rights advocates who point out that quickly implementing orders is generally a military forte – and question why putting the repeal in place should take much longer than one month.

Last edited:
something tells me that Revere is secretly gay, and hoping for an extension of his excuse not to serve in defense of our nation against the islamofascist threat!

It will take a couple of months to set up....after decades of waiting, it will be worth it

Gay marriage is next Revere

I have a feeling that there is going to be an upsurge in homicides because of DADT being repealed...

I have a feeling that there is going to be an upsurge in homicides because of DADT being repealed...

And suicides. But hey if we're right it's a bad thing. I hope we're wrong. But I have a bad feeling about this.

Gays already know they are gay. Those who do not feel comfortable coming out, will not do so.

As I've said, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm with you on that

Army already has enough suicides

Too many, which takes us back to the timing of this. Not smart, not smart at all.

I'm glad my Son is getting out... His vision of the Army after boot camp has been completely disillusioned.. I don't think civilians have any concept of just how screwed up the military structure is...this just be the tinderbox that pushes the military over the edge..

I'm with you on that

Army already has enough suicides

Too many, which takes us back to the timing of this. Not smart, not smart at all.

I'm glad my Son is getting out... His vision of the Army after boot camp has been completely disillusioned.. I don't think civilians have any concept of just how screwed up the military structure is...this just be the tinderbox that pushes the military over the edge..

Whatever it is you are smoking, put it down.

Whatever it is you are smoking, put it down.

In retrospect.. it does seem a tad melodramatic..:lol:

And yet, I'm not smoking anything.. I am hungry though..:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back