Will a CS degree from Poland be recognized in the USA ? Thinking study in Poland

Whocares386

Mar 9, 2017
Hello everybody,

I'm 17 years old who is highly interested in Computer Science, Math and Evolutionary Biology person that currently live in the Turkey. After I've finished high school here, I don't want to study university in the Turkey, I know that Anatolian culture can't teach me science and right now teaching evolution is completely removed from the curriculum in the Turkey. :( There is no way I can live in the Turkey, because culturally it is unsuitable for me and as an atheist person they don't like atheists here that's why I won't be able to share my opinions. I don't know do you have any idea about current government of Turkey ? But It's really shameful for that country which is founded by Atatürk. Ignorance ruling Turkish society for a long time and ignorance is an accepted norm in this society since 1950s..

I'm writing these things because you should understand my situation before making suggestions for me.

I don't have enough money to study in an Anglosphere country I can't afford that. I can pay yearly max. €3000-4000.

I've been making researchment about universities in the Poland for a long time and I've decided to prefer Wrocław University of Science and Technology because of the feedbacks, I want to study Computer Science in English. Any opinions about that university ? Or about Poland ?

After I got my CS degree, I want to move to the U.S. Before that I'll try to gain some experiences in Poland. So, is my degree will be worth in the U.S. ? I can get permanent residence in there via H-1B visa but for that I'll be needed employer.

Thanks.

Regards,

Worst case; If you get a degree in Poland and do not secure an H-1B Visa you can secure employment in Europe. In continental Europe you will have the opportunity to work with the latest systems to gain the most current infrastructure knowledge. Once you build your resume and prove that you are a viable candidate then I do not see why not.
Best case; apply for work in the US after graduation, via job fairs and head hunting agencies. You may get lucky and a US company will pick you up on an H-1B Visa.
Either way, I highly encourage you to further your studies outside of Turkey. You come from a beautiful country, but I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to leave there. Erdogan and his ilk are regressing your nation.

I have a very good friend from Peru, came here with a PhD but before Univ of AZ would hire her, she had to take a course in Spanish!

If I were you, I would look for opportunities in other countries, as well at the US.

Hello, I have had a long career as a software engineer and have worked with many people who earned their degree outside the US. The first thing of importance is your school's ranking which I checked is in the top 3 percent in the world, so no problem there. Your English needs to improve and your options will be limited not being a citizen but there is so much demand for software developers you should be able to find something. I highly recommend getting an internship when you get to junior status and a senior project that shows your command of C++ which is the most widely used language.

Why would you leave Poland? The multi culturalism in US is disgusting. Your Polish degree is worth so much more. The business future of Poland is much brighter than US. Good Luck. BialaPolska !!!!!

Thank you very much, I appreciate your precious comments for me. :)

Worst case; If you get a degree in Poland and do not secure an H-1B Visa you can secure employment in Europe. In continental Europe you will have the opportunity to work with the latest systems to gain the most current infrastructure knowledge. Once you build your resume and prove that you are a viable candidate then I do not see why not.
Best case; apply for work in the US after graduation, via job fairs and head hunting agencies. You may get lucky and a US company will pick you up on an H-1B Visa.
Either way, I highly encourage you to further your studies outside of Turkey. You come from a beautiful country, but I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to leave there. Erdogan and his ilk are regressing your nation.

At least I can secure employment in the Europe, this is a good thing for me but even though I'll try to contact with IT jobs in US. Your ideas really make sense to me, sir. Especially worst case didn't seem bad to me.

Also I'm glad to hear from you true things about Turkey. I liked you guys aware of what is happening in the Turkey, thanks to all.

I have a very good friend from Peru, came here with a PhD but before Univ of AZ would hire her, she had to take a course in Spanish!

If I were you, I would look for opportunities in other countries, as well at the US.

Yes, you're right. Studying in an Anglosphere country would be very good for me because I really want to have knowledge about theoretical computer science, figuring out data structures, algorithms etc.. but I don't have enough money for that unfortunately I can't afford that. Nevertheless, If I work hard in the university, I can learn these things. IT field, depends on self-improvement. Poland has good rankings on software.

Hello, I have had a long career as a software engineer and have worked with many people who earned their degree outside the US. The first thing of importance is your school's ranking which I checked is in the top 3 percent in the world, so no problem there. Your English needs to improve and your options will be limited not being a citizen but there is so much demand for software developers you should be able to find something. I highly recommend getting an internship when you get to junior status and a senior project that shows your command of C++ which is the most widely used language.

I got 2-3 years to attend university, so in this time I'll try to improve my English and programming skills I believe I'll be in good position. Yes, it really depends on me if I develop myself on programming, algorithms I can be good programmer. In these days, I'm trying to learn JavaScript after that I'll start with C languages because I want to be senior programmer on Microsoft side. I should learn C# and .Net.

Why would you leave Poland? The multi culturalism in US is disgusting. Your Polish degree is worth so much more. The business future of Poland is much brighter than US. Good Luck. BialaPolska !!!!!

Poland seems to me cute country, you're absolutely right about future of Poland. I think so, business future of Poland is brighter than most of the European countries(I'm not sure about US). But Polish language seems hard to me, currently I don't have desire to learn that language maybe I can change my mind in the future. :)

Last edited:
How many non whites have you noticed in Poland? Here , in US we are polluted with tare. Case closed. LOL

Keep an open mind about where you want to end up working. Software is such a huge field as you get further into your studies you may find areas of software development that you didn't even know existed.

How many non whites have you noticed in Poland? Here , in US we are polluted with tare. Case closed. LOL

Sorry, but I just don't get it, can you explain to me clearly ?

Keep an open mind about where you want to end up working. Software is such a huge field as you get further into your studies you may find areas of software development that you didn't even know existed.

Yes, that's important I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Also I don't know did you study Computer Science but if so, what would you suggest me about math ? I'm in the high school now (12th grade) and I don't know Calculus (in the Turkey, they don't teach in the high school) so do I need to learn Calculus right now ? Or will I start to learn in the university ?

Sorry, but I just don't get it, can you explain to me clearly ?

Yes, that's important I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Also I don't know did you study Computer Science but if so, what would you suggest me about math ? I'm in the high school now (12th grade) and I don't know Calculus (in the Turkey, they don't teach in the high school) so do I need to learn Calculus right now ? Or will I start to learn in the university ?
It would benefit you to have at least taken introductory Calculus before college. If you can't there is plenty of Calculus instruction on the internet, that will help. My degree was in Electrical Engineering and I had very little computer science in college. I learned it as I needed to on the job.

Being from Poland , you are used to being Christian in a White Nation. I envy you. For now , enough said. Once in US , you wii experience severe culture shock.

Being from Poland , you are used to being Christian in a White Nation. I envy you. For now , enough said. Once in US , you wii experience severe culture shock.

Why would someone "envy" a person in another country when they can just move there?

The USA has different educational accreditation agencies that deal with foreign diplomas, certificates, and the like. It depends what you want to use it for. The highest of these is World Education Services, a New York based accreditation agency, and federal government jobs require usage of this agency. If you want it for visas or private sector employment, then the other agencies will do too. Do employers care where your degree is from when you have a job interview with them anyways?

Forum List

Back