Will 4 years be enough time for Romney to clean up Obama's one term Mess?

What is the "very little bit that he does differ is important and will make a diffence"?

What are you talking about. Be concise if you can.

Do you know enough about how business works to understand that companies hire workers because the need to build more of what they make or provide more of their services.

Good business men/women will not sacrifice their business just to make a political point. YOu think business men don't want to be successful? YOu think they are not hiring because they dislike Obama.

Maybe a few Rethugs are that dumb. But they prolly have to much money anyway. Reasonable business men will grow their business when the situation warrants. Not depending on who is POTUS.

Well since he can't be any worse

It is worth a try

The change would do us good

You are wrong. All I here Mittens say is that the rich will get a bigger tax cut and that the rest of us can look forward to..........cuts.

Now you explain how that is gonna "fix" anything.

You really think ultra rich people are paying to much in personal income tax and THAT is the reason the economy is struggling. How's that work?

Yeah, I blame public schools and teacher's unions.

Well since he can't be any worse

It is worth a try

The change would do us good

You are wrong. All I here Mittens say is that the rich will get a bigger tax cut and that the rest of us can look forward to..........cuts.

No, that isn't what Romney says, but it IS what you hear. Simply because that is all you want to hear.

Now you explain how that is gonna "fix" anything.

Well, since he didn't really say that it would be hard for me to explain how that will fix anything but if I assume he actually did say that then the answer would be that when you ease up on the taxes for the rich, they do the things that got them rich. When they do that, it increases jobs, increases business, creates new products, and helps the economy.

You really think ultra rich people are paying to much in personal income tax and THAT is the reason the economy is struggling. How's that work?

Look, you have very limited knowledge of the tax system and the rich, so it will be difficult to explain things to you. Many of the rich don't pay ANYTHING in personal income tax because many of the ultra rich don't get an income to tax. They get their money from capital gains and they pay capital gains taxes.

While the FACT that the ultra rich pay a disproportionate amount of the taxes in this country, it is not the ONLY reason the economy is struggling, it's a small part of it. The rest is due to your master in the White House.

Last edited:
Romney will be able to begin cleaning up the mess but don't expect too much. Romney isn't all that much different than Obama. It's just that the very little bit that he does differ is important and will make a difference in the economy.

If you would just explain in lucid detail just exactly what is going to happen, maybe you could convert me. I am all for a "difference" that will help ALL Americans. What is he gonna do?

Try reading my post. You want lucid detail from me but won't do me the courtesy of reading my post. I do not know what he will do other than to end Obamacare in one way or another, possibly reducing corporate taxes as well, but when you DO read my post you will see that that wasn't the point I was making.

If Romney wins, the very next working day after the election, we will see improvements in the economy. We will see it because businesses in America will realize that their enemy is going to be gone soon and that it is safe to do business again.

Romney will be able to begin cleaning up the mess but don't expect too much. Romney isn't all that much different than Obama. It's just that the very little bit that he does differ is important and will make a difference in the economy.

Here I posted your entire "message". YOU don't say jack shit about HOW Mittens Romney is gonna "fix" the mess.

It's just that the very little bit that he does differ is important and will make a difference in the economy

Now I see the problem, it's reading comprehension. Yeah, I blame public schools and teacher's unions.

I will try one more time. Look at the exerpt from my post below. Concentrate:

"We will see it because businesses in America will realize that their enemy is going to be gone soon and that it is safe to do business again."

Got it yet?

What is the "very little bit that he does differ is important and will make a diffence"?

1. Ending or defunding Obamacare.
2. Reducing the corporate income tax.
3. Actually being a proponent of Capitalism.

like I said, there is very little difference, but those are big ones as far as the economy is concerned.

Do you know enough about how business works to understand that companies hire workers because the need to build more of what they make or provide more of their services.

Of course.

Good business men/women will not sacrifice their business just to make a political point. YOu think business men don't want to be successful? YOu think they are not hiring because they dislike Obama.

It isn't a political point, it's a business reality.

Maybe a few Rethugs are that dumb. But they prolly have to much money anyway. Reasonable business men will grow their business when the situation warrants. Not depending on who is POTUS.

Obama insures that the situation doesn't warrant, but I don't expect you to understand that.

Indeed, it is quite possible that Papa Obama has done so much damage
it could take generations to recover from it.

Why not tell us what damages you think need repair?

We can tell that you think Obama has done many things that are damaging to our nation so try to be specific and tell us what they things Obama did were, okay?

Can you do that?

Is it really just me
at this point in time, it does appear to be the majority of the people

------------------------------------------------

We are in the midst the worst world-wide economic recession/depression since the great depression. If you take your partisan blinders off and watch something other than Faux Noise, you might realize that Obama has done an admirable job in keeping this economy above water despite the republicans saying NO to everything and anything that Obama tries to do. The repubs took over the house with the promise of JOBS JOBS JOBS. They have done nothing about job creation except to block legislation that would help. If your honest with yourself you have to put alot of blame on the congressional republicans. (Please dont tell me that the Dems had a majority in congress for Obama's first 2 years because of the new filibuster rules you now need 60 votes in the senate.)

Why not tell us what damages you think need repair?

We can tell that you think Obama has done many things that are damaging to our nation so try to be specific and tell us what they things Obama did were, okay?

Can you do that?

Is it really just me
at this point in time, it does appear to be the majority of the people

------------------------------------------------

that's pretty funny....

damage? no... only rightwingnut obama-deranged toons say that. others might just say (based on the vast repetition of lies and the intentional sabotage of this administration by the rightwingnuts in the House and the use of the filibuster in the senate) that the lunacy you repeat on a day to day basis might have some basis in fact... .

even though, at this point, they're comical and out and out lies.

but no... most of the country is not obama-deranged idiots.

Well, Obama is still trying to fix up Bush's presidency.

I wish I was a soothsayer, but alas my predictions on this board not four years ago, stating that I didn't want to Obama to win the 2008 election because neocon whackjobs would blame him for Bush's mess has come to fruition. Unfortunately, my prediction was realised on Jan 21 2009 and it hasn't stopped.

I'm not surprised at the hypocrisy - that being that cons are always harping on about personal responsibility, yet the minute Obama was elected, the GFC and every other fuck up he inherited became not only his problem, but his fault.

Yet another reason neocons are the laughing stock of not only left wing and middle of the road America, but the rest of the world. Just because they fall for Rush's and Becks and the pill poppers sounds bites, doesn't mean those of normal folk fall for it...

Last edited:
1. Ending or defunding Obamacare.
2. Reducing the corporate income tax.
3. Actually being a proponent of Capitalism.

What a bunch of hogwash.

Ending Obama care will do what to increase consumer demand.

Reducing corporate taxes will do what to increase consumer demand?

A proponets of capitalsim will do what to make it possible for consumers to spend more moeny?

You just can't figure shit out can you? Are you aware that something like 70% of our economy is based on consumer spending? If consumers are not able or willing to spend more of their money, your estoric ideas of "capitalism" and "reducing corporate taxes" is just a bunch of bullshit to appease the ultre wealthy. It will do nothing for the consumer who drives the economy.

But then, you just can't figure shit out.

Anticipated failure?

Are you claiming that Romney has promised to cure all this country's ills in one term?

He can't be a failure unless he promises to do something and doesn't.

And if you are admitting Obama is actually responsible for his own failures; i.e. broken promises, why should he be blaming them on Bush?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlnaYOv0DZY&feature=player_embedded]Broken Promises: Romney's Massachusetts Record - YouTube[/ame]

The rabid right cannot remember that 9/11, Iraq, and the devastation of NO all Bush's occurred during the Bush boy years*. Thus far, no avoidable large numbers of deaths under Obama.

* Katrina hit NO as a Cat. 3, had Bush funded the ACE budget requests, for the 20 year SELA restoration project as had every President since REAGAN, the levees might have held. He didn't, Congress raised his piss*nt recommendation a bit, but the project was under funded from 2002-2005.

big business is already successful. corporate america is thriving. it's workers who aren't. you do understand the difference, yes?

so yes... corporate america WILL sacrifice its workers in order to get its political agenda (which has nothing to do with protecting workers or our environment or anything but their own profits) through.

that is why citizens united is the worst case since dred scott.

I wish I was a soothsayer, but alas my predictions on this board not four years ago, stating that I didn't want to Obama to win the 2008 election because neocon whackjobs would blame him for Bush's mess has come to fruition. Unfortunately, my prediction was realised on Jan 21 2009 and it hasn't stopped.

Funny you should write that. I had the same thoughts at that time.

And I find it really funny that the rethugs are ALREADY trotting out their excuses for the failure of a Mittens presidency that would only make our problems worse.

But in a way it would be fun to repeatedly slam Mittens like Obama has been slammed.

Nothing positive will get done, but evidentally no one cares if anything positive gets done. As long as their "side" wins.

I think it's a tribal thing.

Obama like a laser beam on unemployment- soon as the 6 fundraisers are over
:eusa_whistle:

President Obama Hosts 6 Fundraisers Friday on Minneapolis, Chicago Visit

President Obama will jump-start what looks to be a major June fundraising push with six money events today in Minneapolis and Chicago – the most fundraisers he’s held in a single day since launching his bid for a second term.
Obama is expected to raise more than $7.2 million total for the Obama Victory Fund (OVF), according to figures provided by the campaign.

I just hope he does have some time for a golf game or two

Funny you should write that. I had the same thoughts at that time.

And I find it really funny that the rethugs are ALREADY trotting out their excuses for the failure of a Mittens presidency that would only make our problems worse.

But in a way it would be fun to repeatedly slam Mittens like Obama has been slammed.

Nothing positive will get done, but evidentally no one cares if anything positive gets done. As long as their "side" wins.

I think it's a tribal thing.

I think Obama has done ok considering the circumstances.
My only real gripe with him he is a bit wishy washy. He should stick to his guns and give the whackjobs a good kick up the arse - damn the consequences.

He still has a long way to go to become your worst president in history. Dumbya has that sewn up for some time....

big business is already successful. corporate america is thriving. it's workers who aren't. you do understand the difference, yes?

I unnerstan. Prolly why I didn't reference "corporate America". I was thinking of the small and medium size business's that will be responsible for the bulk of job creation in the future.

I know an Obama hater that runs a roofing company. He has lots of storm business. He is hiring all the roofers he can find BECAUSE HE HAS THE BUSINESS AND CAN MAKE MORE MONEY.

Right now this guy is so busy he could care less who is President.

See the difference? And see why the "job creators" will hire. Because they have business. Not because Mittens might become Pres.

We are in the midst the worst world-wide economic recession/depression since the great depression. If you take your partisan blinders off and watch something other than Faux Noise, you might realize that Obama has done an admirable job in keeping this economy above water despite the republicans saying NO to everything and anything that Obama tries to do. The repubs took over the house with the promise of JOBS JOBS JOBS. They have done nothing about job creation except to block legislation that would help. If your honest with yourself you have to put alot of blame on the congressional republicans. (Please dont tell me that the Dems had a majority in congress for Obama's first 2 years because of the new filibuster rules you now need 60 votes in the senate.)

Yeah, it's US that have the partisan blinders. Um hmm, sure.

4 years is plenty to fix Obama's mistakes.

What remains to be seen - and what I find far more important - is whether he, or any other President, can fix the bi-partisan bullshit that has hogtied this country for decades. I think we need a miracle on that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back