Will 35 House Dems committ political suicide for Obama??

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by skookerasbil, Mar 14, 2010.

1. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,284
    MARCH 15, 2010.
    Swing Districts Oppose Health Reform

Sobering poll news for 35 key House members..ArticleComments (10)more in .By HEATHER R. HIGGINS AND KELLYANNE E. CONWAY

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she plans to bring health-care reform to a vote this week. Democratic leaders cite national polls that show support for individual provisions of the bill as a reason to pass this reform. Yet vulnerable politicians should be warned: Responses to questions about individual benefits, particularly when removed from a cost context, are different from those on the whole bill.

Voters in key congressional districts are clear in their opposition to what they have seen, read and heard on health-care reform. That's one of the findings of a survey that will be released today by the Polling Company on behalf of Independent Women's Voice. The survey consisted of 1,200 registered voters in 35 districts represented by members who could determine the outcome of the health-care debate. Twenty of those members voted for the House bill in November but now may be reconsidering. Fifteen voted against the bill but are under tremendous pressure to change their vote.

The survey shows astonishing intensity and sharp opposition to reform, far more than national polls reflect. For 82% of those surveyed, the heath-care bill is either the top or one of the top three issues for deciding whom to support for Congress next November. (That number goes to 88% among independent women.) Sixty percent want Congress to start from scratch on a bipartisan health-care reform proposal or stop working on it this year. Majorities say the legislation will make them and their loved ones (53%), the economy (54%) and the U.S. health-care system (55%) worse off—quite the trifecta.

Heather Higgins and Kellyanne Conway: Swing Districts Oppose Health Reform - WSJ.com

all I have to say is..................fcukking w00t.:lol::lol::lol::clap2:

2. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,284
    Know what the irony is here???

In typical liberal fashion, massive over-reach for the lose. And we can all thank the joke that was the stimulus bill, thus making independents in these 35 counties realize the president is a radical who couldnt give a rats ass about our childrens future!!!

3. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784
    Well. If I were a Dem Congressman or Senator I would tell Pelosi and Reid to go fuck themselves.

No way I would give up my cushy Senate or House seat for those two bozo's. LOL

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Its for the American people who will DIE without proper medical care and not for Obama.

Once this passes and is amended you will be as fearful of defunding it as you are medicare.

This is for the people, I know you dont care about them.

5. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Assuming of course that cheap or free health care actully equals access to health care, which it doesn't.

So it's not true that medicare is going bankrupt?

Close. It's for STUPID people. It's a lot like communism in that it looks good on paper. it's not that I don't care, it's that I have real problem with people who obligate me the responsibility of fixing their problems.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Why do you think other countries are better than us?

Why do you think they can manage systems that distribute better healthcare than we get to all their citizens and pay way less than Americans do?

You really dont have much faith in Amerticans do you?

7. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726

Better than us how? In health care? Are you gonna be stupid enough to use the WHO report like everyone else?

This really quite funny. When it comes to fixing the system the only problem you people see is cost to the consumer and figure if you fix that everything will be just hunky dory. Then when a system like France's is in place you conveniently ignore cost and the fact that their system is unsustainable from a cost perspective. It is losing money. If the economic collapse of this past couple years has taught us anything its that you actually need to be able to pay for your pie in the sky ideas.

Actually the reality is that would be you who that has little faith in Americans.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784
    For the people my ass.

Its for us taxpayers to support those that ain't got. Period.

Its OL'BO and those Clowns in Congress to spread our hard earned taxdollars. Spread the wealth baby. Jeeze.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,541
    They will do whats right for America and vote for the bill.

It is far from political suicide. Not getting it done would amount to suicide

10. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    Health care is available now, via the E.R. No one -- legal or illegal -- is turned away based on ability to pay. Stop spouting shit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1