Will 3 years of Doug Jones be enough for ALABAMA?

Will Jones win again in 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
This was a special election, so Jones WILL NOT serve 6 years.

Sessions won the election in 2014. The next election for that seat will be in 2020.

3 years of Jones.....do you think he will win again in 2020?

Depends on how he does over the next couple of years.

If he does good, they very well may vote for him again.

And, there is the little thing of how Trump does as well. If Trump screws up the country (like I think he will), then in 2020, it's gonna be a bloodbath for the GOP.

At this point, I have no idea who will do what. We are in a political pattern which may well require a radical remedy.

Not a threat, merely an observation.

Dude is a loon.
Alabama is solid red. Moore should have done his hack buddies a favor and resigned. Now alabama will be representing mentally ill grown men pissing beside little girls.

Trump won Alabama by 28 points.

In 2014, Sessions got 98% of the vote for that seat.

Moore is like Hillary...just an AWFUL FUCKING CANDIDATE.

I'm going to blame Putin and I am going to riot!

Oh, right...no I won't...I'll just go on with my life.

He will run but he will lose unless he turns into a man that can work with Trump...

Jones will VERY LIKELY lose the seat in 2020.

That seat went from 98% Republican to 48% Republican in 3 years.

Also, It'll be during Trump's re-election campaign...the Republicans will win that seat back, no doubt.

See Reagan, 1984. Trump wont win 525 electoral votes, OF COURSE....but if Trump wins re-election, many Republicans will rise his wave .

So, from January, When Jones is sworn in, until November, the Senate will be 51-49 Republican, Mike Pence is the tie breaker.

It seems likely to me the Dems will win back the senate in November 2018 unless Republicans come up with a better strategy and better candidates.

It depends.

If he does well by Alabama, he could win re-election. While the state is obviously deep red, 3 years is enough time to develop enough of an incumbent advantage.

We'll just have to see.

Jones will VERY LIKELY lose the seat in 2020.

That seat went from 98% Republican to 48% Republican in 3 years.

Also, It'll be during Trump's re-election campaign...the Republicans will win that seat back, no doubt.

See Reagan, 1984. Trump wont win 525 electoral votes, OF COURSE....but if Trump wins re-election, many Republicans will rise his wave .
Even if Trump survives Mueller, candidates with 35% approval ratings don`t do re-election campaigns.

Franken's seat is also up in 2020.

That seat is not in danger at all for the Dems.

Minnesota is so liberal they are the ONLY state that voted for WALTER FUCKING MONDALE.

Mondale lost 525 - 13......10 of the 13 was MINNESOTA, the other 3 were from Washington DC.

Jones will lose the seat to a Republican in 2020. Minnesota will stay Democrat in Franken's seat in 2020.

Forum List

Back