Will 2010 Be Another 1994?

Baruch,

Unemployment has almost doubled and the national deficit almost quadrupled on Obama's watch - in just one year.

Be specific with evidence.

I just ignored that. The first part is true, on its face, but the dominoes had already begun to fall by the summer of 2008. The deficit has no way "quadrupled." That number has been bandied about as a projection 15-20 years from now, but it's a perfect example of how people will misread or glom onto one word and assume it's truth.

Yes, the GOP needs a "coherent plan, message and strategy" Right now all it consists of Rush et al yelling "no" and wingnut anger. The rest of the country still dislikes the GOP more than it does the Dems. And Obama is still personally popular. Compare his ratings to the GOP and in most of them he will come off looking fine.

Sorry Jake, Mr Obama, the light skinned Negro who is clean and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to and a few years ago would have been fetching coffee for powerful White Senators, is not running. Democrat losses in Virginia and New Jersey have proven that he has no coattails.

I'll bet you've been itching for two days to say that in one of your intros. :lol:

Sorry Jake, Mr Obama, the light skinned Negro who is clean and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to and a few years ago would have been fetching coffee for powerful White Senators, is not running. Democrat losses in Virginia and New Jersey have proven that he has no coattails.

Thank heavens for those victories against lightly regarded and poorly-run Democratic campaigns, without any wingnut intervention (remember that Palin et al cost us the NY 23rd District). We won in NY and Va because we did not have the wingnut involved.

If we want to win across the country in 2010, lose the wingnuts and come up with a coherent plan. If we don't, the Dems will annihilate us where they are well organized.
The New Jersey Governors race was lightly regarded? The why did Mr Obama, the light skinned Negro who is clean and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to and a few years ago would have been fetching coffee for powerful White Senators, personally campaign in New Jersey making 5 appearances and 3 separate visits? Why did he send his entire campaign team to work for Corzine?? You must live in an alternate reality.....:cuckoo:

Why don't you just make your teabag poster your signature? That way you wouldn't need to keep repeating that, you ignorant fuck.

Thank heavens for those victories against lightly regarded and poorly-run Democratic campaigns, without any wingnut intervention (remember that Palin et al cost us the NY 23rd District). We won in NY and Va because we did not have the wingnut involved.

If we want to win across the country in 2010, lose the wingnuts and come up with a coherent plan. If we don't, the Dems will annihilate us where they are well organized.
The New Jersey Governors race was lightly regarded? The why did Mr Obama, the light skinned Negro who is clean and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to and a few years ago would have been fetching coffee for powerful White Senators, personally campaign in New Jersey making 5 appearances and 3 separate visits? Why did he send his entire campaign team to work for Corzine?? You must live in an alternate reality.....:cuckoo:

Why don't you just make your teabag poster your signature? That way you wouldn't need to keep repeating that, you ignorant fuck.

Why would anyone be offended by that? When did calling Mr Obama a light skinned Negro who is clean and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to and a few years ago would have been fetching coffee for powerful White Senators become offensive? He is light skinned and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to, just ask Harry Reid. He is clean, just ask Joe Biden. And according to Bill Clinton, he'd have been fetching coffee for him just a few years ago. What could possibly be offensive??? :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Whether intentional or ironic, I find your comments about light skin etc to be offensive. Equally so with Trent Lott in 2002 and Harry Reid during the election. The American political process does not need that crap, and the American voter deserves better.

Whether intentional or ironic, I find your comments about light skin etc to be offensive. Equally so with Trent Lott in 2002 and Harry Reid during the election. The American political process does not need that crap, and the American voter deserves better.

Sorry, but you don't have much credibility here Jake. Along with your habit of dodging any hard questions and your cowardly refusal to accept PM's or visitor messages, you are a shill and everyone here knows it. You and the other poseur "rightwinger" are two peas in a pod. A pair of fakes, pretending to be Conservatives when you aren't. When did the left become so desperate?

PM any time you wish.

I require evidence for assertions before I will respond.

Zander, your approval/disapproval affects me or what I say not at all.

Your language is offensive. You don't like me correcting you. Three words: get over it.

Sorry, but you don't have much credibility here Jake. Along with your habit of dodging any hard questions and your cowardly refusal to accept PM's or visitor messages, you are a shill and everyone here knows it. You and the other poseur "rightwinger" are two peas in a pod. A pair of fakes, pretending to be Conservatives when you aren't. When did the left become so desperate?

It is going to get worse before it gets better. Planted signs at rallies, charges of racism, Democrats running as Republicans and much more will occur. At the height of power all they can do is play defense.

Because of folks like you and zander and others, the Dems have us on the ground and are stomping us. But we will kick the neo-cons and the corporatists out, and reform the party to represent the American people without them.

PM any time you wish.

I require evidence for assertions before I will respond.

Zander, your approval/disapproval affects me or what I say not at all.

Your language is offensive. You don't like me correcting you. Three words: get over it.
Your dishonesty is offensive. Stop pretending you're something you're not. You're a SHILL. and a POSEUR. I am sorry that you don't like me pointing that out.

You have not pointed out anything, zander, about me at all that is true. I have pointed out that you use racist offensive language, just like Lott and Reid. You are no different than either of them. And I guess we are going to have trade you from the Dodgers fan club. Sad, I hope for you.

You have not pointed out anything, zander, about me at all that is true. I have pointed out that you use racist offensive language, just like Lott and Reid. You are no different than either of them. And I guess we are going to have trade you from the Dodgers fan club. Sad, I hope for you.

Obviously, since Obama himself is not offended by being called a "light skined Negro" it is not racist. Not in the slightest bit. And you are a conservative......:rolleyes:

BTW, if you find the word Negro offensive, you'd better inform the US Census!!! They have it right on their form!

Speaking of the Census, there are some proposals before Congress to change the wording of the Census forms:
Harry Reid is pushing for a change to include "light skinned" and "dark skinned" options.
Joe Biden proposes to add the choice of "clean" or "unclean".
Bill Clinton wants the words "coffee fetching" or "non coffee fetching" added.

None of these are racist either. :rolleyes:

Obviously, since Obama himself is not offended by being called a "light skined Negro" it is not racist. Not in the slightest bit. And you are a conservative......:rolleyes:

BTW, if you find the word Negro offensive, you'd better inform the US Census!!! They have it right on their form!

Speaking of the Census, there are some proposals before Congress to change the wording of the Census forms:
Harry Reid is pushing for a change to include "light skinned" and "dark skinned" options.

Then you are saying you support Reid. Hmmm . . . ok, you know your own motivation better than me. But your context of what you wrote was indeed racist and offensive. I would think after all these years you could act least act your manners even if you are racist down inside.

Do you remember election day 1994? Though I lived on Long Island (as I do now), I was in Oklahoma at the time to attend my grandmother’s funeral. It was almost as surreal as that Orson Wells hoax when there were alleged UFO sightings everywhere. When I turned on the radio, it was as if another Democrat had gone up in smoke and some rookie Republican was taking his place. Ted Kennedy won, but only after the political fight of his life to that point. The People had become sick and disillusioned by the Donkey Party and, as evidenced by the election results, were ready for something different. The GOP tsunami had rolled in and they had a glorious opportunity to hold and build power for a long time.

Of course, we know the rest of the story. Not unlike a playoff baseball game where the visiting team is leading five to one in the bottom of the ninth with nobody on base, the relief pitcher gets sloppy and throws a fastball down the middle of the plate, only to see it launched into the upper deck behind left field. Then, because the enemy has finally seen a weakness, this pitcher gives up three singles in a row. Now the manger has no choice but to pull him and bring in the relief pitcher he had hoped to save for the next night. This is so he can face the home team’s big gun who is now at the plate. It is already five to two and the bases are loaded. Lo and behold, the big gun does the expected and hits a four hundred and fifty foot grand slam homerun into the parking lot, cracking a couple of windshields in the process. However, the crowd is oblivious to the damaged cars and are screaming their guts out as their players round the bases and are met by their jubilant teammates while, at the same time, the players, who just a few minutes earlier seemed to have the game in the bag, walk off the field with their heads down in total shock.

The same thing happened within a short couple of years to the GOP. They had their boots firmly planted on the back of the Democrats necks and were seemingly cruising down the tracks in a power they had not experienced in decades. The only ones who could mess it up were themselves. And that is what they did.

Did they learn from their mistakes? That remains to be seen.

In 2010, we have an election year where, again, there are a lot of Democratic constituents who are displeased with their representatives. Their voices have been ignored regarding such important topics as gay rights, abortion, and health care. For gay rights and abortion, this is more serious since these are subjects where these supporters were made promises during the 2008 campaign but have been dissed to this point. Regarding health care, many Democrats – particularly senior citizens – loudly and clearly voiced their disapproval of a government-run program yet nary a compromise was struck by their votees.

Some people will undoubtedly vote for their party member regardless of how lame of a job that person has done on their behalf. But you can be assured that many place credence on actual issues as opposed to personalities. In this age of financial crisis, a mentality of “what have you done for me lately” is growing by leaps and bounds. What I plan to do personally (it’s called ‘putting my money where my mouth is’) is to start in my own neighborhood and inform as many people face to face as are willing to listen how their Congressperson or Senator has voted on key issues that directly affect them. For those whose minds are already made up, I likely won’t get in the door in the first place. But for those who are either on the fence, who don’t generally follow politics closely, or who aren’t aware of many of the issues, raised eyebrows are inevitable. And why wouldn’t they be? Politics are very important because they touch everyone’s lives in some capacity, whether that person gives a hoot or not.

It rarely ceases to amaze me how there are so many who can quote a one hundred year old baseball statistic or who knows every word of Oprah’s book but can not tell me who their Congressperson is. This is something that needs to change. And when it does, real change will follow.

Happy 2010

Just curious. Are you Erik from Red State?

Then you are saying you support Reid. Hmmm . . . ok, you know your own motivation better than me. But your context of what you wrote was indeed racist and offensive. I would think after all these years you could act least act your manners even if you are racist down inside.

Please, stop being obtuse. SARCASM on the forum is indicated by the >>:rolleyes: << rolled eyes emoticon..... I find what Reid said offensive and racist. It is only blind partisan hacks who are defending Reid. Clearly he is an old bigot - along with most of the Senate. To illustrate the hypocrisy of Reid's defenders I have elected to refer to Mr Obama as "a light skinned Negro who is clean and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to and a few years ago would have been fetching coffee for powerful White Senators".

If hope you find it offensive, that is the point!

Why would anyone be offended by that? When did calling Mr Obama a light skinned Negro who is clean and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to and a few years ago would have been fetching coffee for powerful White Senators become offensive? He is light skinned and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to, just ask Harry Reid. He is clean, just ask Joe Biden. And according to Bill Clinton, he'd have been fetching coffee for him just a few years ago. What could possibly be offensive??? :confused::confused:

I really wasn't "offended" the first time. But the second time around, back to back, you're getting your licks in just to feel smug. You childishly needed to repeat what we already knew in the first place.

In defense of Jake not accepting PMs or visitor messages, some people seem to be looking for an endless one-on-one dialog and it becomes intrusive, so I'm with him on that. After a while, you may be looked upon as just a pest even if you're in total agreement on some issue. ("You" here is meant to be collectively "you")

:lol: What are you, 50-something going on 12? No wonder you accuse Jake of being a poseur. He thinks like an adult.

Forum List

Back