Wildcard weekend picks

The dream? Philly, New Orleans, the Jets and Baltimore.

The reality? Philly, New Orleans, Indy and Baltimore.

I want Baltimore in Pittsburgh so bad I can taste it! I'm sorry to say I think Pittsburgh will have to embarrass Manning and the Colts then go to Foxboro.

Colts vs Jets.........I pick the Colts to win although I will root for the Jets. (sorry EZ but that is out of respect for the Colts)

Chiefs vs Ravens......I pick the Chiefs

Saints vs Seahawks.....I pick the Saints

Packers vs Eagles........I pick the Packers (sorry Paulie)

NFL Schedule: Playoffs

Jets
Sanchez has his "coming out game", again, but not a good enough team effort to be a decisive win. The Colt's pass-heavy offense only gets half the field--whichever half Revis isn't playing on, really limiting P-Man's options; he tries to force balls, resulting in at least two INTs.

Ravens
Cassel get sacked throughout, putting him in a position where he makes ill-advised rushed passes in the second half. At least one pick 6 for the Ravens. Flacco plays good enough to win.

Eagles
A nail-biter. Both Rodgers and Vick throw for an absurd number of yards. Kuhn scores on at least one third-and-goal. Akers kicks the game winner late in the fourth, and the Eagles defense makes a stand for the win.

Saints
A slow start in the first quarter, as the Saint's don't execute like their life is on the line--maybe from a sense of entitlement about getting the win. But the Twelf Man gets silenced in the second half as Brees makes the Seahawks secondary look silly, which keeps the secondary at bay and opens up the run game for a fourth-quarter clock drain. Three possession game.

At least one of these picks, the opposite will happen. :lol:

It will be a cold and very wet day in hell tomorrow for the Aints.

Brees has small hands. He plays in a dome. His tiny hands will be cold and numb..and slippery. N O has not won an away playoff game in ...forever.

N O hasn't played in a cold and wet game outdoors in....forever..

N O has nine injured players...Bush's first game back from a broken leg. The cold and wet will be excruciating on Bush's recovering leg.

I predict 6 false starts against N O. Number twelve WILL be a factor!

• Banned
Of my four picks, the only one I feel really confident about is the biggest upset of the bunch: The Seahawks.

Take the money line on that one. This isn't last years Saints.

Of my four picks, the only one I feel really confident about is the biggest upset of the bunch: The Seahawks.

No they're not. But this year's Who Dat's are still better than this year's Seasquawks. If any of these wild cards are the dark horse, it's Green Bay.

Cold is one thing. Soaking wet and cold is a whole nuther. N O has three running backs. Two are injured. It is all on Bush coming back for his first game from a broken leg. He has had the luxury of playing in Southern California and a Dome his whole carrier. There is no way Bush can use his speed and cutting ability tomorrow. If you can't run North/South tomorrow you will get stuffed at the corners. Matt is used to these conditions and will make good use of his receivers who are also used to these conditions. The Aints receivers will tip passes to the Seahawks DB's. I predict three interceptions..

No they're not. But this year's Who Dat's are still better than this year's Seasquawks. If any of these wild cards are the dark horse, it's Green Bay.

:eusa_eh:

Dark horse? You kidding me?

Everyone and their brother is picking Green Bay (except the oddsmakers of course :D)

Everyone and their brother is picking Green Bay (except the oddsmakers of course :D)

Uh huh, the abstract but all-powerful argument ending "everyone". :rolleyes:

The Pack are the 5 or 6 seed.

Don't know about which everyone you hang out with, but all I keep hearing about is how good the Eagles are. Eagles and Patriots in the SB, ad nauseum.

Don't know about which everyone you hang out with, but all I keep hearing about is how good the Eagles are. Eagles and Patriots in the SB, ad nauseum.

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

I'm talking about the so-called "experts" on sports talk radio and tv. I haven't heard one pick Philly yet.

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

I'm talking about the so-called "experts" on sports talk radio and tv. I haven't heard one pick Philly yet.

Oh, okay. The only place I've heard GB being picked for NFC champs is the Packer sycophant callers on our local sports radio, so I take that for what it's worth. :lol:

Other than that, I don't pay much attention to the "experts", just some Mike & Mike in the morning sometimes.

I'm talking dark horse for Super Bowl appearance, btw--not just this weekend's winners. GB is the most realistic dark horse, imo, even thought the Seahawks would be the biggest.

Colts
Packers
Ravens
Seahawks :eusa_whistle:

Dunno who wins the SB but my guess is said winner hails from the AFC North. (and man I hope it's not the f'n Steelers, lol)

Forum List

Back