WikiLeaks reveals that Arab allies urged U.S. to strike Iran

HAHAHA

I was on a sub-tender that pulled into Alexandria Egypt. As we approached I was on deck b/c I wanted to see this legendary city, (it was a tannish brown). As we approached the break water, I say these brown tentacles coming out of the port area into the Med. It was the filth that was the run off from the city. the break water was a brown and blue line. The Med was blue, the port was brown. And that is what kids played in and people bathed in.

Egypt is a shithole for the most part, there are some nice places for tourists but the locals live in squalid conditions and in some places mud huts. I know some people are in love with Egypts history and all that but the people that built the pyramids have nothing to do with the Arabs that live there now.

After looking at the Pyramids, the Sphinx and all the carvings and other art.

I wondered...

What the hell happened?
The civilized-world that The Roman Empire spread-around.

:rolleyes:

Egypt is a shithole for the most part, there are some nice places for tourists but the locals live in squalid conditions and in some places mud huts. I know some people are in love with Egypts history and all that but the people that built the pyramids have nothing to do with the Arabs that live there now.

I wondered...

What the hell happened?

The Arabs took over the country the natives that actually built the Pyramids and that whole culture were pretty much wiped out, just like the Native Americans over here. The majority of Egyptians that live in Egypt now have nothing to do with the ancient civilization that built the Pyramids.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....so-many (bullshit) details!!!

Seems like we are in a catch-22.

We can't afford or support another war.
We, or anyone, wants a nuclear Iran.
No else will do anyting.
Everyone wants us to do it.
If we did go in before hand, we had better have a better reason than just b/c we didn't want them to have the bomb.

Oh well, looks like the people with the most to lose will have to do something. Too bad only Israel has the balls, but w/o our backing they will be hung out to dry. So now they won't make a move.

So Iran gets the bomb. since Ahmadinnerjacket is a 12th Iman, how many millions do you think will die?

this is a catch 22 indeed. i think we've blown our wad with regard to ours and our allies interest in an open conflict. we could destabilize iran, but that wont stop them at this juncture. i think the best bet is to treat them with some condescension in the nuclear bit. eventually they will acquire the capability, and then it will be up to them to be big boys and use it maturely.

all the bullshit goes out the window in the nuclear league. after they test a weapon, they'll be in the crosshairs of 500+ warheads. iran does not have the benefit of sympathy in the event of a nuclear counterstrike. as they stand now, i think they would have such sympathy if the US invaded another muslim country.[/QUOTE]

True, but I think this goes deeper. Into the depths of a fanatical part of Islam.

12th Imans 'want' the end of the world, or society to collapse. It's some kind of 2nd coming thing (sorry, thin on details). However, Ahmadinajad has prayed openly for the power to bring that sitation to reality. And I'm not all that certain if he cares if he dies trying.
...Kinda like those fanatical "conservative-Christians"....who could almost GIVE-a-shit about the environment, 'cause....after all....Jesus is comin'-back, any-day-now, right???

this is a catch 22 indeed. i think we've blown our wad with regard to ours and our allies interest in an open conflict. we could destabilize iran, but that wont stop them at this juncture. i think the best bet is to treat them with some condescension in the nuclear bit. eventually they will acquire the capability, and then it will be up to them to be big boys and use it maturely.

all the bullshit goes out the window in the nuclear league. after they test a weapon, they'll be in the crosshairs of 500+ warheads. iran does not have the benefit of sympathy in the event of a nuclear counterstrike. as they stand now, i think they would have such sympathy if the US invaded another muslim country.[/QUOTE]

True, but I think this goes deeper. Into the depths of a fanatical part of Islam.

12th Imans 'want' the end of the world, or society to collapse. It's some kind of 2nd coming thing (sorry, thin on details). However, Ahmadinajad has prayed openly for the power to bring that sitation to reality. And I'm not all that certain if he cares if he dies trying.

Imagine;

Iran nukes Israel
If the rumors are true, Israel and America nuke Iran
Russia is Irans ally, they nuke Israel and America
We nuke Russia.

What's to keep the dominoes from falling some more?

Pakistan and India nuke each other

I know it's far fetched, but neither you nor I are religious fanatics that thinks heaven awaits if we bring death to billions.

That might be why the Arabs are ok with the US or Israel taking out Irans nukes, Sunni Muslims think the whole 12th Imam thing is bullshit and they do not believe in it.
Gee.....I wonder if we could sell them the whole virgin-birth/talking-snake trip????

:eusa_eh:

That might be why the Arabs are ok with the US or Israel taking out Irans nukes, Sunni Muslims think the whole 12th Imam thing is bullshit and they do not believe in it.

Hmm.

It's not what they beleive, it's what ahmadinaja believes. Just b/c it's lunacy, doesn't mean the lunatic won't push the button and get "almost" what he wants.

I served during the Cold War. Russian subs sucked compared to ours. Thier sonar and radar we about 8-10 years behind us. So most of us felt that if it ever went hot, it would go nuclear for Russia to have a chance to win.

But there was always tiny things that we caught each other doing, that could have been taken as an act of war, but were mostly ignored. [call me in 70 years and I'll tell you about a couple] They were ignored b/c Russians don't go to heaven if they commit suicide killing infedels.

12th Imams do.

So anything can be used as an excuse to end society as we know it.
....And, any-number o' wacked-out cons who take-advantage of the suckers who buy-into such horseshit.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1c8-a-OaNk[/ame]

Hmm.

It's not what they beleive, it's what ahmadinaja believes. Just b/c it's lunacy, doesn't mean the lunatic won't push the button and get "almost" what he wants.

I served during the Cold War. Russian subs sucked compared to ours. Thier sonar and radar we about 8-10 years behind us. So most of us felt that if it ever went hot, it would go nuclear for Russia to have a chance to win.

But there was always tiny things that we caught each other doing, that could have been taken as an act of war, but were mostly ignored. [call me in 70 years and I'll tell you about a couple] They were ignored b/c Russians don't go to heaven if they commit suicide killing infedels.

12th Imams do.

So anything can be used as an excuse to end society as we know it.

The thing is if Ahmadinjad acts stupid and wants to throw around nukes all of the free world will rain nukes on that country until theres nothing left, I think the idiot knows that. Iran just wants nukes so they can bully people around and gain leverage in the region like North Korea did.
Yeah....right....North Korea...... :rolleyes:

deptofmayhem.jpg

I wondered...

What the hell happened?

The Arabs took over the country the natives that actually built the Pyramids and that whole culture were pretty much wiped out, just like the Native Americans over here. The majority of Egyptians that live in Egypt now have nothing to do with the ancient civilization that built the Pyramids.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....so-many (bullshit) details!!!

Fuck you smart ass, the people that live in Egypt now are Arabs and have nothing to do with the civilization that built the Pyramids, have you been to Egypt? I highly doubt you have left the country, you know less than zero about the subject so shut the fuck up.

I'm sure Custer made the same assumption....you know, with his state-o'-the-art weapons.

Really? which Middle Eastern country has a better Military than Israel? Egypt? Jordan? Syria? Kuwait? don't make me laugh.

The problem is that Israel itself is practically indefensible, even with the worlds greatest military. Not only that, war is now fought assymetrical, meaning Israel's military might is easily dealt with by simply not engaging Israel in a stand up fight.

Israel's foray into Lebanon not long ago didn't go so well. A lot of Arab countries are learning from what happened there.

Put that all together, and it explains why Israel doesn't act in such a heavy handed manner in the Middle East anymore. Without Nukes as a MAD weapon, they'd be in serious trouble.

Israel doesn't act "heavy handed" in the ME anymore because of all the shit the international community gives them for all the civilian casualties, even though Hezbollah gets to do what they want with no regard for civilians.

Really? which Middle Eastern country has a better Military than Israel? Egypt? Jordan? Syria? Kuwait? don't make me laugh.

The problem is that Israel itself is practically indefensible, even with the worlds greatest military. Not only that, war is now fought assymetrical, meaning Israel's military might is easily dealt with by simply not engaging Israel in a stand up fight.

Israel's foray into Lebanon not long ago didn't go so well. A lot of Arab countries are learning from what happened there.

Put that all together, and it explains why Israel doesn't act in such a heavy handed manner in the Middle East anymore. Without Nukes as a MAD weapon, they'd be in serious trouble.

Israel doesn't act "heavy handed" in the ME anymore because of all the shit the international community gives them for all the civilian casualties, even though Hezbollah gets to do what they want with no regard for civilians.

The media turned it's back on Conservative Jews, and the EU just can't stand it when people stand up for themselves.

Surrounded on all sides by people that want to kill them and blocked in by the Med, but yet they thrive better than any other. [except for SA, can't beat that much oil]

Hez and Hamas have free riegn to murder children, and kill innocent bystanders. Let Israel go after these thugs and the moron patrol denounces them.

I just can't wrap my head around that.

And don't bother with shaman. He hasn't noticed yet that he's been talking to himself all day.

The media turned it's back on Conservative Jews, and the EU just can't stand it when people stand up for themselves.

Surrounded on all sides by people that want to kill them and blocked in by the Med, but yet they thrive better than any other. [except for SA, can't beat that much oil]

Hez and Hamas have free riegn to murder children, and kill innocent bystanders. Let Israel go after these thugs and the moron patrol denounces them.

And don't bother with shaman. He hasn't noticed yet that he's been talking to himself all day.

I would say the quality of life is definently better in Israel than Saudi Arabia. Yes the Saudis are very wealthy from the oil but that money only really goes to the Saudis themselves and even than mostly to the Sunnis, there are alot of impoverished Shites in that country who hate the regime and they don't get jack shit. I'm not even going to mention the millions of south east Asians who do menial labor in that country, they live worse off than dogs. If I were poor I would take my chances in Israel anyday over Saudi Arabia.

I would say the quality of life is definently better in Israel than Saudi Arabia. Yes the Saudis are very wealthy from the oil but that money only really goes to the Saudis themselves and even than mostly to the Sunnis, there are alot of impoverished Shites in that country who hate the regime and they don't get jack shit. I'm not even going to mention the millions of south east Asians who do menial labor in that country, they live worse off than dogs. If I were poor I would take my chances in Israel anyday over Saudi Arabia.

I saw men doing constuction work in Egypt. They had what looked like a comon soup/water bowl with a ladel they all shared. Each time they wanted a drink they had to wave away the flies first.

Israel was steril clean compared to Egypt. The differences were shocking.

I saw men doing constuction work in Egypt. They had what looked like a comon soup/water bowl with a ladel they all shared. Each time they wanted a drink they had to wave away the flies first.

Thats just the way it is, Israel has a higher quality of life similar to the US and European countries while Egypt is a third world shit hole. Maybe if the Arabs hadn't wiped out the culture of the ancient Egyptians who built the Pyramids maybe things would be better.

Thats just the way it is, Israel has a higher quality of life similar to the US and European countries while Egypt is a third world shit hole. Maybe if the Arabs hadn't wiped out the culture of the ancient Egyptians who built the Pyramids maybe things would be better.

Who were the Ancient Egyptians? Where did they come from and where did they go?

They were mostly wiped out when the Arabs took over the country, you can still find evidence of them in the southern part of the country near Sudan, the Nubians. They have the same features of the people you see on the Pyramids, they are mostly in Sudan and Ethiopia today. The majority of the Arabs that live in Egypt now had nothing to do with the Pyramids and are descended from Arabia.

They were mostly wiped out when the Arabs took over the country, you can still find evidence of them in the southern part of the country near Sudan, the Nubians. They have the same features of the people you see on the Pyramids, they are mostly in Sudan and Ethiopia today. The majority of the Arabs that live in Egypt now had nothing to do with the Pyramids and are descended from Arabia.

OK, thanks. Wasn't King Solomon a Nubian? I swear I read that in a bible. And doesn't nubian mean black?

Forum List

Back