WikiLeaks reveals that Arab allies urged U.S. to strike Iran

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
NYT: Arab allies urged U.S. to strike Iran - World news - The New York Times - msnbc.com
By David E. Sanger, James Glanz and Jo Becker
The New York Times
updated 11/28/2010 3:45:17 PM ET 2010-11-28T20:45:17

I've been glancing at this crap on and off most of the day.

In late May 2009, Israel’s defense minister, Ehud Barak, used a visit from a Congressional delegation to send a pointed message to the new American president.

In a secret cable sent back to Washington, the American ambassador to Israel, James B. Cunningham, reported that Mr. Barak had argued that the world had 6 to 18 months “in which stopping Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons might still be viable.” After that, Mr. Barak said, “any military solution would result in unacceptable collateral damage.”

His plea was shared by many of America’s Arab allies, including the powerful King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who according to another cable repeatedly implored Washington to “cut off the head of the snake” while there was still time.

I been thinking and thinking; Why oh why don't THEY work together and go to war with Iran themselves?

Are these "people" so selfish that they want Americans to die in thier stead?
Are they all a bunch of cowards?

How can Arabs and Jews agree that Iran needs to be crushed, but won't do anything?

I've never been a fan of Israel and could care less about our Arab allies, but that would take effort. But I don't see why we keep supporting them when they want us to die to do thier dirty work?

I been thinking and thinking; Why oh why don't THEY work together and go to war with Iran themselves?
If you had a choice....to fight someone, yourself....or, get some testosterone-driven nutjob, who thinks he's the Second Coming o' John Wayne, to do the job....what would you do????

George Bush pretty-much bought-INTO the stereotype the World has of us...that we're ALWAYS itchin'-for-a-fight. He could always afford to (in the past)....'cause his Daddy always bailed-his-ass-OUT, when he got in, over-his-head.

The rest-o'-the-World is gonna have to give us another 20 years.....before we have a whole NEW Generation o' young-people, that Corporate America can convince we need to go-to-War....again.​

Last edited:
If you had a choice....to fight someone, yourself....or, get some testosterone-driven nutjob, who thinks he's the Second Coming o' John Wayne, to do the job....what would you do????

George Bush pretty-much bought-INTO the stereotype the World has of us...that we're ALWAYS itchin'-for-a-fight. He could always afford to (in the past)....'cause his Daddy always bailed-his-ass-OUT, when he got in, over-his-head.

The rest-o'-the-World is gonna have to give us another 20 years.....before we have a whole NEW Generation o' young-people, that Corporate America can convince we need to go-to-War....again.​

You might want to read the link.

They asked obama to declare war, not Bush.

They want America to do it because Iran would crush their Militaries if the Arabs tried to do anything to Iran.

Could be. But isn't it like 5+ to one? Seems like they could easily win, especially if they could work with Israel. [ok, that's a pipe dream] Attack at the same time as Israel.

The Arabs would never work with Israel plus the Militaries of those Arab countries are a joke, Iraq was the toughest conventional Arab Military in the Middle East and look what the US did to them. Israel is the toughest Military in that region hands down.

They want America to do it because Iran would crush their Militaries if the Arabs tried to do anything to Iran.

Could be. But isn't it like 5+ to one? Seems like they could easily win, especially if they could work with Israel. [ok, that's a pipe dream] Attack at the same time as Israel.

The Arabs would never work with Israel plus the Militaries of those Arab countries are a joke, Iraq was the toughest conventional Arab Military in the Middle East and look what the US did to them. Israel is the toughest Military in that region hands down.

hmm, true. The arabs haven't fought in a war in a long time [excluding the terrorist], but still the numbers would have to be on thier side.

Or let Isreal know they have the green light to do it themleves?

hmm, true. The arabs haven't fought in a war in a long time [excluding the terrorist], but still the numbers would have to be on thier side.

The Arab armies have not fought in a conventional war in a long time, the only people that have are the terrorists in cowardly sneak attacks and suicide bombings. The only thing the Arabs can do is secretly give Israel the green light to strike Iran and than condemn them after they do it.

The Arab armies have not fought in a conventional war in a long time, the only people that have are the terrorists in cowardly sneak attacks and suicide bombings. The only thing the Arabs can do is secretly give Israel the green light to strike Iran and than condemn them after they do it.

Well *sits back, stretches, cracks knuckels* looks like we solved the Iran nukes issue, in under half an hour.

How long before we can solve world hunger together? I'm free tomorrow afternoon. :lol:

Actually, the best scenario for peace in the Middle East is the common enemy scenario. What Wiki Leaks has revealed is that we're far closer to that scenario than we realized.

Actually, the best scenario for peace in the Middle East is the common enemy scenario. What Wiki Leaks has revealed is that we're far closer to that scenario than we realized.

True.

It just seems very clear that the Arabs don't want to get thier hands dirty and do any fighting. they just want us to die and foot the bill.

February 12, 2006

"We're lucky that, for the time being anyway, we're fighting Iraq and not Iran because Iran is four times as big as Iraq and we're having enough trouble with the little country."

:clap2:

So? the Arab Armies are still garbage and want the US and Israel to do their fighting for them.

NYT: Arab allies urged U.S. to strike Iran - World news - The New York Times - msnbc.com
By David E. Sanger, James Glanz and Jo Becker
The New York Times
updated 11/28/2010 3:45:17 PM ET 2010-11-28T20:45:17

I've been glancing at this crap on and off most of the day.

In late May 2009, Israel’s defense minister, Ehud Barak, used a visit from a Congressional delegation to send a pointed message to the new American president.

In a secret cable sent back to Washington, the American ambassador to Israel, James B. Cunningham, reported that Mr. Barak had argued that the world had 6 to 18 months “in which stopping Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons might still be viable.” After that, Mr. Barak said, “any military solution would result in unacceptable collateral damage.”

His plea was shared by many of America’s Arab allies, including the powerful King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who according to another cable repeatedly implored Washington to “cut off the head of the snake” while there was still time.

Are these "people" so selfish that they want Americans to die in thier stead?
Are they all a bunch of cowards?

How can Arabs and Jews agree that Iran needs to be crushed, but won't do anything?

I've never been a fan of Israel and could care less about our Arab allies, but that would take effort. But I don't see why we keep supporting them when they want us to die to do thier dirty work?

i propose an analogy: if you call the police when there is a problem, the police are empowered.

this is the sort of power which american policy has sought since tripoli.

Forum List

Back