Wikileaks reveals mass surveillance of people via their phones and computers

I said when the unPatriot Act came out it wasn't to stop terrorism but was going to be used by corporations to spy on us.

The interesting thing here is it's a two way street. The corporations do the dirty work government isn't allowed to do in exchange for the state looking the other way while they profit massively selling the info. It's win/win situation.

It's capitalism at it's worst, exploiting a legal grey area for profit and influence.

AKA 'corporatism'.

The interesting thing here is it's a two way street. The corporations do the dirty work government isn't allowed to do in exchange for the state looking the other way while they profit massively selling the info. It's win/win situation.

It's capitalism at it's worst, exploiting a legal grey area for profit and influence.

AKA 'corporatism'.

There's a distinction these days?

There's a distinction these days?

Heh... not much. I think JPMorgan will have a majority in Congress after the next election.

Goldman Saks already does. The more you find out about them it's like they are after 100% of the world's wealth to lock it in a vault where no one can use it without their permission..

I suppose it's off topic, but let's have a look see:

Romney's top contributors -

Goldman Sachs $367,200
Credit Suisse Group $203,750
Morgan Stanley $199,800
HIG Capital $186,500
Barclays $157,750
Kirkland & Ellis $132,100
Bank of America $126,500
PriceWaterhouseCoopers $118,250
EMC Corp $117,300
JPMorgan Chase & Co $112,250

And now Obama's -

University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298

Can we spot the similarities?

Heh... not much. I think JPMorgan will have a majority in Congress after the next election.

Goldman Saks already does. The more you find out about them it's like they are after 100% of the world's wealth to lock it in a vault where no one can use it without their permission..

Goldman Sachs $367,200
Morgan Stanley $199,800
HIG Capital $186,500
Barclays $157,750
Bank of America $126,500
EMC Corp $117,300

And now Obama's -

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618

WTF! they moved this to conspiracy theories? And they have a board entitled "Wikileaks"?

and, just for shits and grins,

Ron Paul's -

US Army $24,503
US Air Force $23,335
US Navy $17,432
Mason Capital Management $14,000
Microsoft Corp $13,398
Boeing Co $10,620
Google Inc $10,390
Overland Sheepskin $10,350
IBM Corp $8,294
US Government $7,756

Last edited:

Goldman Sachs $367,200
Morgan Stanley $199,800
HIG Capital $186,500
Barclays $157,750
Bank of America $126,500
EMC Corp $117,300

And now Obama's -

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618

WTF! they moved this to conspiracy theories? And they have a board entitled "Wikileaks"?

Welcome to the real world.....

Ohh NOOOOOOOO it is 1984...... we are all doomed, doomed I say.

I reeeaaallly don't think freedom is for you, and I really mean that... And it seems so do you.

Perhaps you can cite for me what rights we have lost, been denied, had taken away?

Also one may want to peruse the Courts, they ruled under Bush that with out a warrant nothing the Government collected, heard or saw was admissible in a Court of law.

As for Freedom, I, unlike you will use my firearms if I ever need to, to protect my freedoms. Of course there is little need to worry. Nothing the Government is doing is taking away any freedoms from US Citizens.

What rights have been taken away?

Freedom of Speech - aka political correctness - not even a law, but people have lost their jobs over it.
Freedom of religion - many public school systems have made the school religion free, not allowing jewelry -no crosses or t -shirts, no prayer at public events or sports. quite a few others but this is just a few listings.
private property is being taken away by EPA without compensation. Private business can now take your property.
States rights have been taken away. Newest one is Governors no longer have the power to call out their National Guard.

We have many more but this is just a few.

I reeeaaallly don't think freedom is for you, and I really mean that... And it seems so do you.

Perhaps you can cite for me what rights we have lost, been denied, had taken away?

Also one may want to peruse the Courts, they ruled under Bush that with out a warrant nothing the Government collected, heard or saw was admissible in a Court of law.

As for Freedom, I, unlike you will use my firearms if I ever need to, to protect my freedoms. Of course there is little need to worry. Nothing the Government is doing is taking away any freedoms from US Citizens.

Freedom of Speech - aka political correctness - not even a law, but people have lost their jobs over it.
Freedom of religion - many public school systems have made the school religion free, not allowing jewelry -no crosses or t -shirts, no prayer at public events or sports. quite a few others but this is just a few listings.
private property is being taken away by EPA without compensation. Private business can now take your property.
States rights have been taken away. Newest one is Governors no longer have the power to call out their National Guard.

Habeas Corpus
Due Process
Judicial oversight of surveillance

But I don't think it will matter to the doubters. They won't stand up for themselves until it's too late.

Not surprising. What do you think the Patriot Act was designed to do? And now there's SOPA & NDAA too. It only gets better huh? Welcome to Police State U.S.A. Enjoy your stay.

We are no where near a police state. If we were, the courts could simply be closed......

While I do believe we have made a few mistakes, we have little choice but to make some small changes in how we treat terrorism.............

Newt's a nobody though in some cases he is right, some of our courts have used their position to further an agenda. But no the supreme court should remain the supreme court, would be nice to get the bias out of it though.....

And they recently granted the major Telecoms immunity from prosecution. They've been spying on Citizens for the Government for years. It's a very sad disgrace.

Last edited:
We are no where near a police state. If we were, the courts could simply be closed......

While I do believe we have made a few mistakes, we have little choice but to make some small changes in how we treat terrorism.............
none of these whiners have ever been in a police state ,if they had they would be whining a different tune!

none of these whiners have ever been in a police state ,if they had they would be whining a different tune!

They haven't a clue.

Habeas Corpus
Due Process
Judicial oversight of surveillance

But I don't think it will matter to the doubters. They won't stand up for themselves until it's too late.

None of the three you list have been lost, in fact under Bush the patriot Act was amended BY THE Courts. American citizens still have all 3 rights. Unless of course you can cite for us a specific case where someone was actually denied the right and a Court did not reinstate it.

Forum List

Back