Wikileaks' Julian Assange Seeks Asylum In Equador Embassy...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
The South American country says it is "studying and analysing the request".

Last week, the UK's Supreme Court dismissed Mr Assange's bid to reopen an appeal against extradition to Sweden over alleged sex crimes.

He fears that if he is sent to Sweden it may lead to him being sent to the US to face charges over Wikileaks for which he could face the death penalty.

Mr Assange denies any wrongdoing.

Swedish authorities have said the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) would intervene if Mr Assange was to face the prospect of "inhuman or degrading treatment or an unfair trial" in the US.

The UK Foreign Office - which said that as Mr Assange was now in the embassy he was "on diplomatic territory and beyond the reach of the police" - added that it would work with Ecuador to resolve the situation.

In 2010, Mr Assange - whose Wikileaks website has published a mass of leaked diplomatic cables that embarrassed several governments and international businesses - was briefly offered Ecuadorean residency.

But the offer from the country's deputy foreign minister - who said he was acting because Ecuador wanted to allow Mr Assange to freely present the information he had - was dismissed by President Rafael Correa who said he had not approved it.

Swedish prosecutors want to question Mr Assange over allegations of rape and sexual assault while he was in Stockholm to give a lecture.

The claims were made by two female former Wikileaks volunteers in mid-2010. No charges have been filed...

Read More:
BBC News - Wikileaks' Julian Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador embassy
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

There is already a thread in the Wikileaks section.

Assange just proves again that he is a coward and a liar.

You sure about that? Some would say the exact opposite.

I care very little what other people say. I have the habit of forming my own opinion.

He's a common criminal trying to evade the law.

I don't know, it took some big balls to take on the World's most powerful Governments. He showed the People how much their Governments lie to them on a daily basis. Some would call him an incredibly brave Hero.

I care very little what other people say. I have the habit of forming my own opinion.

I don't know, it took some big balls to take on the World's most powerful Governments. He showed the People how much their Governments lie to them on a daily basis. Some would call him an incredibly brave Hero.

He has a habit of leaving people in the lurch. In this case it will be the stupid supporter who agreed to put him up. I hope they just keep him bottmed up in that embassy until he surrenders himself.

As for standing up to the most powerful governments, you do know he got into bed with some of Putin's cronies for a show on a Putin friendly channel in Russia?

I don't seem to understand about the leaks, those damaged my coungfy. I know we are far from perfect and it is not a "d" or "r" thing we let our politicians off the hook. I just don't know of another country in the world where I would rather live. It seems from you comments that you don't like it here. Think about moving I will buy you a ticket.

I don't seem to understand about the leaks, those damaged my coungfy. I know we are far from perfect and it is not a "d" or "r" thing we let our politicians off the hook. I just don't know of another country in the world where I would rather live. It seems from you comments that you don't like it here. Think about moving I will buy you a ticket.

I love my country too. And there is no proof these leaks damaged our country. In fact, our own President has leaked far more sensitive classified information. Now those leaks will likely damage our country.

All those poor supporters of his who put up his bail... they're gonna lose their money if he runs. You're right, he is a coward. And a liar.

I love my country too. And there is no proof these leaks damaged our country. In fact, our own President has leaked far more sensitive classified information. Now those leaks will likely damage our country.

You have no idea of the damage he did. None. Why? Because, thankfully, our media are not telling the whole fucking world about it. You're an idiot if you think that this has not impacted on our country... and not in a good way.

Not anybody that should ever be taken seriously. No.

Assange should be shot.

I'd prefer we put him on trial, preferably not in open court... military would be ideal... try him... and, if he's convicted... then we can shoot the fucker.

Ohmygod that's funny!!! :lol:

Do you know anything about the country to which he is running for protection?

Talk about irony!

He threw his principles out the window the second he had to pay a price of them. Now he wants to hide behind the skirts of an oppressive government leader.

He's a chickenshit coward.

And a rapist.

I am not surprised he is your hero.

Last edited:

You have no idea of the damage he did. None. Why? Because, thankfully, our media are not telling the whole fucking world about it. You're an idiot if you think that this has not impacted on our country... and not in a good way.

Our Media is in the tank for the Global Elite. They do what they're told in the end. I just don't get how so many can crucify a man telling the truth, while defending their Governments' lies & Treason. Our own President has leaked far more sensitive classified material. Yet he's praised as a beloved Hero. So many are just so confused. Crazy stuff for sure. :cuckoo:

For those who don't know (I'm looking at you, paulitician), Ecuador's president has close ties with Venezuala, Cuba, and Iran. Assange could not swallow enough of Correa's cock when interviewing him two months ago.

Most importantly as it relates to Assange, there is no freedom of the press in Ecuador.

Assange is revealing his true colors with this move.

He's actually a commie in free speech clothing.

And a rapist.

Suckers!

Last edited:
For those who don't know (I'm looking at you, paulitician), Ecuador's president has close ties with Venezuala, Cuba, and Iran. Assange could not swallow enough of Correa's cock when interviewing him two months ago.

Most importantly as it relates to Assange, there is no freedom of the press in Ecuador.

Assange is showing how much of a gigantic hypocrite he really is with this move.

He has the World's most powerful Governments hunting him. What do you expect him to do? These are ridiculous trumped up charges. They want him to disappear. And they'll do anything to achieve that goal. He exposed their lies & Treason. And they hate him for that. It is what it is.

Our Media is in the tank for the Global Elite. They do what they're told in the end. I just don't get how so many can crucify a man telling the truth, while defending their Governments' lies & Treason. Our own President has leaked far more sensitive classified material. Yet he's praised as a beloved Hero. So many are just so confused. Crazy stuff for sure. :cuckoo:

You wanna find anything from me praising Obama for leaking highly sensitive information? You can't. It does not exist. I despise the man for allowing his Administration to put people's lives in danger for his political gain. Absolutely despise him. Likewise with Assange. I know the damage he's done... him and his buttbuddy, Manning... who, thankfully, will face justice for his treason.

You wanna find anything from me praising Obama for leaking highly sensitive information? You can't. It does not exist. I despise the man for allowing his Administration to put people's lives in danger for his political gain. Absolutely despise him. Likewise with Assange. I know the damage he's done... him and his buttbuddy, Manning... who, thankfully, will face justice for his treason.

So you would support our President being Impeached and arrested? How is he any different than Assange? The man merely told the People the truth about their despicable Governments. But you all want to crucify him for that. I just don't get it. Where's the anger over your Government being corrupt and Treasonous? Why the free pass?

Assange is showing how much of a gigantic hypocrite he really is with this move.

He has the World's most powerful Governments hunting him. What do you expect him to do? These are ridiculous trumped up charges. They want him to disappear. And they'll do anything to achieve that goal. He exposed their lies & Treason. And they hate him for that. It is what it is.

You really are a sucker. Assange has worked very hard to damage western governments who are not aligned with the communist agenda. And now he is running to a communist leader who does not believe in freedom of speech.

Even you should be able to see his true colors at this point.

I don't know how you can be so stupid as to believe Assange's freedom of speech bullshit in the face of reality.

And he's a rapist.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back