WikiLeaks Founder Says Obama Should Resign...

Assange should be dead.

Why should this journalist be dead?

He should be hunted by the CIA and assassinated to protect our national secrets.

He is not a united states journalist and is releasing our classified documents, an act of espionage against US meant to hurt the United States and every citizen who lives here.

That is enough reason for me.
How about if our government just protects it's secrets instead?

Firstly, I don't really care what other countries do. Ain't my business.

Secondly, I didn't say anything about 'murdering' the guy. I said he should be dead. Personally, I lean towards a trial, a guilty verdict, followed by good old justice - American style... ie... the death penalty. Job done.

Espionage is not a capital offense. You're thinking of treason, which this ain't.

So yes, killing the guy for a non-capital offense would in fact be murder.

I'm aware. In fact, I've said the same thing - several times on this board. The DP is my ideal outcome. I'd like the man dead for the damage he's done. The charge is espionage, not treason. Manning.... what he did was not technically treason - but I'd like to see him executed.

Last edited:
Honestly, who gives a flying fuck what this asshole Assange thinks our president should or shouldn't do? Whether you are an Obama fan or not, ask yourself this: What kind of influence does a glorified computer hacker/ fugitive/ international criminal's opinion have on you? Who suddenly waved a magic wand and made Julian Assange king shit?

Firstly, I don't really care what other countries do. Ain't my business.

Secondly, I didn't say anything about 'murdering' the guy. I said he should be dead. Personally, I lean towards a trial, a guilty verdict, followed by good old justice - American style... ie... the death penalty. Job done.

Espionage is not a capital offense. You're thinking of treason, which this ain't.

I'm aware. In fact, I've said the same thing - several times on this board. The DP is my ideal outcome. I'd like the man dead for the damage he's done.

I understand your contempt for the man, but it won't happen - not legally anyway, not if it's us doing it. It would be difficult enough to extradite and try him to send him upriver, unless there's information out there we don't know about. Homicide without legal justification is murder.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Honestly, who gives a flying fuck what this asshole Assange thinks our president should or shouldn't do? Whether you are an Obama fan or not, ask yourself this: What kind of influence does a glorified computer hacker/ fugitive/ international criminal's opinion have on you? Who suddenly waved a magic wand and made Julian Assange king shit?

:eusa_shhh:

We must take his remarks very seriously indeed so the media can hyperventilate and we can all argue, fight, piss, moan and call for the man's blood on an internet message board. Get with the program already! :rofl:

If I performed espionage against the United States then released that information I would hope the CIA would be hunting me down.

But I didn't and he did. You are being irrational.

He didnt , he was given the info and as a journalist he released the info.

Lying wont make it so

He's not a fucking journalist. He knowingly disseminated stolen information.
If Assange had released documents which implicated Obama's intention to (fill in the blank), you would be calling him a hero, and FOXNEWS would hire him as a 'contributor'.

I'm aware. In fact, I've said the same thing - several times on this board. The DP is my ideal outcome. I'd like the man dead for the damage he's done.

I understand your contempt for the man, but it won't happen - not legally anyway, not if it's us doing it. It would be difficult enough to extradite and try him to send him upriver, unless there's information out there we don't know about. Homicide without legal justification is murder.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

We should go Mossad on this douche's ass. Also, what has ever stopped the CIA from "taking someone out," and making it look like an accident? Not that I condone such a thing. I'm just saying if the U.S. government really wanted him taken out, they wouldn't care about your moral objections to murder, or definitions of terms.

Lying wont make it so

If Assange had released documents which implicated Obama's intention to (fill in the blank), you would be calling him a hero, and FOXNEWS would hire him as a 'contributor'.

I doubt Fox would be hiring him, but I agree that some of these tools would be calling Assange a hero.

I'm aware. In fact, I've said the same thing - several times on this board. The DP is my ideal outcome. I'd like the man dead for the damage he's done. The charge is espionage, not treason. Manning.... what he did was not technically treason - but I'd like to see him executed.

There aren't any capital offenses he's committed...glad you agree with that at least even if you wish in your heart of hearts he could just be killed.

But what "damage" has he done that deserves death?

Pentagon says no one has died as a result of any leaks. Secretary of Defense says it's a bit embarrassing and awkward but diplomacy will not be substantially affected... It's certainly possible to conceive that future harm to someone may occur as a result of the leaks, but nothing yet and nothing guaranteed (and nothing in comparison to the subjects of the leaks). So what is this horrendous damage he deserves to die for but the government can't identify?

There aren't any capital offenses he's committed...glad you agree with that at least even if you wish in your heart of hearts he could just be killed.

But what "damage" has he done that deserves death?

Pentagon says no one has died as a result of any leaks. Secretary of Defense says it's a bit embarrassing and awkward but diplomacy will not be substantially affected... It's certainly possible to conceive that future harm to someone may occur as a result of the leaks, but nothing yet and nothing guaranteed (and nothing in comparison to the subjects of the leaks). So what is this horrendous damage he deserves to die for but the government can't identify?

Under sharia law, he would be tried and executed for causing dishonor. :lol:

Lying wont make it so

Good post.

One correction. FOX isn't news.

(AFP)- US President President Barack Obama should resign if it can be shown that he approved spying by US diplomatic figures on UN officials, the founder of WikiLeaks said in an interview published today.
“The whole chain of command who was aware of this order, and approved it, must resign if the US is to be seen to be a credible nation that obeys the rule of law. The order is so serious it may well have been put to the president for approval,” Julian Assange told the Spanish daily El Pais.
“Obama must answer what he knew about this illegal order and when. If he refuses to answer or there is evidence he approved of these actions, he must resign,” he added during an internet chat interview published online.
WikiLeaks threw US diplomacy into chaos when it started releasing more than 250,000 classified State Department cables on November 28, creating an international firestorm as American diplomats’ private assessments of foreign leaders and politics have been publicly aired.

WikiLeaks boy should be hunted down by the CIA and shot dead.

End of story.

Next :D

Except the story would not actually end...

"The first serious infowar is now engaged. The field of battle is WikiLeaks. You are the troops," tweeted John Perry Barlow, co-founder of the online free-speech group Electronic Frontier Foundation. His message was reposted by WikiLeaks to its 300,000-odd followers.

Assange said that his arrest would do nothing to halt the flow of American diplomatic cables being released by his group and newspapers in several countries, and he threatened to escalate the rush of information if he is taken into custody.

Hundreds of cables have been published by WikiLeaks and several newspapers in recent days. Assange said that all of the cables had already been distributed in a heavily encrypted form to tens of thousands of people.

If something happens to him, he suggested, the password needed to decrypt the data will be released and all the secrets will go out at once.

"History will win," Assange said in a Web chat with readers of The Guardian newspaper, one of the media organizations helping to coordinate the documents' publication. "The world will be elevated to a better place. Will we survive? That depends on you."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/WikiLeaks-fights-to-stay-apf-798262767.html?x=0&.v=42

What a delusional egomaniac...Anybody know how Bradley Manning came to know Assange, did they have a relationship BEFORE the breach...?

>

Found this article with good info on how he did it:

How Manning Stole The Cables

[/B]
Many outside the military and diplomatic communities have wondered just how such a large amount of sensitive missives could have been taken. As a public service, Conflict Health is very pleased to publish a guest article from Captain Nick Dubaz, an Active Duty Army Civil Affairs Officer, explaining in full technical detail how it happened.

A number of commenters on the latest Wikileaks release have questioned how one junior enlisted Army intelligence analyst could possibly have collected and stolen such a massive number of documents unaided and undiscovered. Indeed, the very mention of “intelligence” evokes notions of secure, guarded, windowless facilities under constant surveillance employing the latest biometric technology to secure America’s secrets. This image may have once been partially true in the case of Top Secret and Compartmented information, but the distributed nature of our modern intelligence community and the proliferation of secret network access necessitated by our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan has fundamentally changed both protection of and access to classified information. The technical methods Private First Class Bradley Manning, the accused leaker, may have used to obtain and steal the material and transmit it to Wikileaks are simple and demonstrate the intelligence community’s vulnerability to an insider threat.

All mission traffic in Iraq and Afghanistan occurs on computer systems classified at the Secret-Releasable to NATO/ISAF level or above. Historically, mission traffic occurred at the Secret-NOFORN (Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals) level on the SIPR network (Secret Internet Protocol Router) and non-US elements operated on separate networks known as CENTRIX segregated by organizational membership (NATO, ISAF, etc). This caused significant information sharing problems and now lower level U.S. forces are transitioning many functions to CENTRIX to create a common mission network. Regardless, these information systems are now present at every Company-level headquarters and above, providing wide access to Secret-level intelligence and diplomatic information processed and disseminated on the network. Access to Top Secret (TS) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) information systems remains much more limited, but is still partially vulnerable to Bradley Manning-like insider threats.

The Wikileaks reports on Iraq and Afghanistan are from a system known as CIDNE (Combined Information/Data Network Exchange) which is the latest iteration of the database of record for all tactical reporting across the OIF and OEF theaters. The release is only a tiny percentage of the actual data contained in the database. Each record in the Wikileaks release is only the initial text report often transcribed from the radio or secret chat rooms. After the incident/action is completed, each record is typically updated with new information, pictures, videos, PowerPoints and other relevant documentation. To allow for transfer into incompatible systems and other software packages, CIDNE includes an “Export to Excel” feature that allows for the rapid filtering and transfer of records to other systems. Bradley Manning likely utilized this feature to export the comprehensive CIDNE database that he would later transmit to Wikileaks. Such an action could be completed in less than an hour depending on the bandwidth available and leaves no signature that would be readily noticed as unusual or alarming.

(cont...)
How Manning Stole The Cables ? Conflict Health

Life?

That's a little crazy.

It would also be extremely hard to convict him in an American court.

Not in the least.

Lets say some terrorist are in town A. There's a person that lives there that hates them and want s to help us get rid of them, so he, his family and the people of town A can live in peace. He now knows that if he helps us, his name may become public. So instead of rising a revenge killing on him and his family he keeps his mouth shut. A week later an explosion blows up the school where his daughter and every other girl went to learn, killing them all.

Life, is not an unreasonable punishment to seek out.

But, yes, it may be hard to convict him.

Better to try and fail than do nothing.

Yes it is.

There are several reasons why..and I will list the most obvious.

First it's an extremely harsh penalty for someone at the recieving end. This makes it difficult for most countries to help get this guy back to the states. Even if they agree that what Assange did was unlawful.

Second it's a staggering blow against whistle blowers and journalists. Mix in there are probably first amendment issues as well.

If Assange were facing a life sentence and was somehow brought back to the United States, you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be some very powerful groups coming to his aid.

Nothing Assange did makes a life sentence an appropriate punishment. It is not reasonable no matter how far one tries to stretch it.

I disagree.

First it's an extremely harsh penalty for someone at the recieving end. It's supposed to be. While my example is all "if's", it's not that iffy when dealing with terrorist. This makes it difficult for most countries to help get this guy back to the states. They only take issue with the Death penalty. Even if they agree that what Assange did was unlawful.

Second it's a staggering blow against whistle blowers and journalists.He not a whistle blower. This isn't even close to that. Mix in there are probably first amendment issues as well. No one has the right to spred secret info. and he is, by his own admission, not a journalist.

If Assange were facing a life sentence and was somehow brought back to the United States, you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be some very powerful groups coming to his aid. As always.

Nothing Assange did makes a life sentence an appropriate punishment. It is not reasonable no matter how far one tries to stretch it. We just aren't going to see eye to eye on this. I want him in jail, serving a harsh punishment [if he's found guilty] as an example of fools like him so that our nations can work together knowing they won't be exposed for everything they do. Bribes, gift giving, looking the other way, asking others to do the dirty work, etc, etc. Is criminal, in some countries, in others, it's how things are done.

Lying wont make it so

Synthia, it seems you and Swallow don't know shit about California Girl...

It just adds to the ever expanding list of "Shit you know nothing about"...

(AFP)- US President President Barack Obama should resign if it can be shown that he approved spying by US diplomatic figures on UN officials, the founder of WikiLeaks said in an interview published today.
“The whole chain of command who was aware of this order, and approved it, must resign if the US is to be seen to be a credible nation that obeys the rule of law. The order is so serious it may well have been put to the president for approval,” Julian Assange told the Spanish daily El Pais.
“Obama must answer what he knew about this illegal order and when. If he refuses to answer or there is evidence he approved of these actions, he must resign,” he added during an internet chat interview published online.
WikiLeaks threw US diplomacy into chaos when it started releasing more than 250,000 classified State Department cables on November 28, creating an international firestorm as American diplomats’ private assessments of foreign leaders and politics have been publicly aired.

WikiLeaks boy should be hunted down by the CIA and shot dead.

End of story.

Next :D

Except the story would not actually end...

"The first serious infowar is now engaged. The field of battle is WikiLeaks. You are the troops," tweeted John Perry Barlow, co-founder of the online free-speech group Electronic Frontier Foundation. His message was reposted by WikiLeaks to its 300,000-odd followers.

Assange said that his arrest would do nothing to halt the flow of American diplomatic cables being released by his group and newspapers in several countries, and he threatened to escalate the rush of information if he is taken into custody.

Hundreds of cables have been published by WikiLeaks and several newspapers in recent days. Assange said that all of the cables had already been distributed in a heavily encrypted form to tens of thousands of people.

If something happens to him, he suggested, the password needed to decrypt the data will be released and all the secrets will go out at once.

"History will win," Assange said in a Web chat with readers of The Guardian newspaper, one of the media organizations helping to coordinate the documents' publication. "The world will be elevated to a better place. Will we survive? That depends on you."

WikiLeaks fights to stay online amid attacks - Yahoo! Finance

What a delusional egomaniac...Anybody know how Bradley Manning came to know Assange, did they have a relationship BEFORE the breach...?

>

Found this article with good info on how he did it:

How Manning Stole The Cables

[/b]
Many outside the military and diplomatic communities have wondered just how such a large amount of sensitive missives could have been taken. As a public service, Conflict Health is very pleased to publish a guest article from Captain Nick Dubaz, an Active Duty Army Civil Affairs Officer, explaining in full technical detail how it happened.

A number of commenters on the latest Wikileaks release have questioned how one junior enlisted Army intelligence analyst could possibly have collected and stolen such a massive number of documents unaided and undiscovered. Indeed, the very mention of “intelligence” evokes notions of secure, guarded, windowless facilities under constant surveillance employing the latest biometric technology to secure America’s secrets. This image may have once been partially true in the case of Top Secret and Compartmented information, but the distributed nature of our modern intelligence community and the proliferation of secret network access necessitated by our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan has fundamentally changed both protection of and access to classified information. The technical methods Private First Class Bradley Manning, the accused leaker, may have used to obtain and steal the material and transmit it to Wikileaks are simple and demonstrate the intelligence community’s vulnerability to an insider threat.

All mission traffic in Iraq and Afghanistan occurs on computer systems classified at the Secret-Releasable to NATO/ISAF level or above. Historically, mission traffic occurred at the Secret-NOFORN (Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals) level on the SIPR network (Secret Internet Protocol Router) and non-US elements operated on separate networks known as CENTRIX segregated by organizational membership (NATO, ISAF, etc). This caused significant information sharing problems and now lower level U.S. forces are transitioning many functions to CENTRIX to create a common mission network. Regardless, these information systems are now present at every Company-level headquarters and above, providing wide access to Secret-level intelligence and diplomatic information processed and disseminated on the network. Access to Top Secret (TS) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) information systems remains much more limited, but is still partially vulnerable to Bradley Manning-like insider threats.

The Wikileaks reports on Iraq and Afghanistan are from a system known as CIDNE (Combined Information/Data Network Exchange) which is the latest iteration of the database of record for all tactical reporting across the OIF and OEF theaters. The release is only a tiny percentage of the actual data contained in the database. Each record in the Wikileaks release is only the initial text report often transcribed from the radio or secret chat rooms. After the incident/action is completed, each record is typically updated with new information, pictures, videos, PowerPoints and other relevant documentation. To allow for transfer into incompatible systems and other software packages, CIDNE includes an “Export to Excel” feature that allows for the rapid filtering and transfer of records to other systems. Bradley Manning likely utilized this feature to export the comprehensive CIDNE database that he would later transmit to Wikileaks. Such an action could be completed in less than an hour depending on the bandwidth available and leaves no signature that would be readily noticed as unusual or alarming.

(cont...)
How Manning Stole The Cables ? Conflict Health
He sounds more and more like some fucked in the head idiot that imagines himself as the Joker or the Riddler. What a toad.

Double ad hominem. Maybe the CIA should hunt you down, fudgesicle.

LOL The only one trying to ignore the rule of law is you fool.

Add red herring ad hominem double entendre to your list.:lol:

You are on a roll today buddy... a toilet roll, troll.:clap2:

Another whack job.

As you have seen others reported the issue with the condom, but you think it might be a straw argument. The fact you were to lazy to stay current on the topic means someone might try to make a straw argument.

I think whack job is too mild. But you will prove to be an ass, and I will slam you tough. Please proceed.

Not in the least.

Lets say some terrorist are in town A. There's a person that lives there that hates them and want s to help us get rid of them, so he, his family and the people of town A can live in peace. He now knows that if he helps us, his name may become public. So instead of rising a revenge killing on him and his family he keeps his mouth shut. A week later an explosion blows up the school where his daughter and every other girl went to learn, killing them all.

Life, is not an unreasonable punishment to seek out.

But, yes, it may be hard to convict him.

Better to try and fail than do nothing.

Yes it is.

There are several reasons why..and I will list the most obvious.

First it's an extremely harsh penalty for someone at the recieving end. This makes it difficult for most countries to help get this guy back to the states. Even if they agree that what Assange did was unlawful.

Second it's a staggering blow against whistle blowers and journalists. Mix in there are probably first amendment issues as well.

If Assange were facing a life sentence and was somehow brought back to the United States, you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be some very powerful groups coming to his aid.

Nothing Assange did makes a life sentence an appropriate punishment. It is not reasonable no matter how far one tries to stretch it.

I disagree.

First it's an extremely harsh penalty for someone at the recieving end. It's supposed to be. While my example is all "if's", it's not that iffy when dealing with terrorist. This makes it difficult for most countries to help get this guy back to the states. They only take issue with the Death penalty. Even if they agree that what Assange did was unlawful.

Second it's a staggering blow against whistle blowers and journalists.He not a whistle blower. This isn't even close to that. Mix in there are probably first amendment issues as well. No one has the right to spred secret info. and he is, by his own admission, not a journalist.

If Assange were facing a life sentence and was somehow brought back to the United States, you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be some very powerful groups coming to his aid. As always.

Nothing Assange did makes a life sentence an appropriate punishment. It is not reasonable no matter how far one tries to stretch it. We just aren't going to see eye to eye on this. I want him in jail, serving a harsh punishment [if he's found guilty] as an example of fools like him so that our nations can work together knowing they won't be exposed for everything they do. Bribes, gift giving, looking the other way, asking others to do the dirty work, etc, etc. Is criminal, in some countries, in others, it's how things are done.

That's fine. We agree to disagree.

Cheers. I owe you a beer for the fine debate.

Forum List

Back