WikiLeaks among nominees for Nobel Peace Prize

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I was going to out this in the humor section, but I have to play it straight I guess. I mean why not eh? Tis a noble cause. :eusa_whistle:

OSLO | Wed Feb 2, 2011 11:32am EST

OSLO (Reuters) - Anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks has been nominated for the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize, the Norwegian politician behind the proposal said on Wednesday, a day after the deadline for nominations expired.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee accepts nominations for what many consider as the world's top accolade until February 1, although the five panel members have until the end of the month to make their own proposals.

Norwegian parliamentarian Snorre Valen said WikiLeaks was "one of the most important contributors to freedom of speech and transparency" in the 21st century.

"By disclosing information about corruption, human rights abuses and war crimes, WikiLeaks is a natural contender for the Nobel Peace Prize," Valen said.

more at-

WikiLeaks among nominees for Nobel Peace Prize | Reuters

After Arafat, Rigoberta, Algore, and Obama, does anyone seriously believe that the Nobel Peace Prize has any valid meaning?

That's a gross exageration.

No it is not. Most people have an opinion on the awards...Most see it as an achievement. Only in the US conservative neocon whackjob land where mediocrity is valued, does it have no value....

WOW.

Wonder if the lawn crew here at the Courthouse will get nominated????

Last edited:
Even if the Nobel Peace Prize is kind of a joke and they often have epic fails (Obama? Gimme a break), I still like it when they pick good ones - and this would be a good one.

No it is not. Most people have an opinion on the awards...Most see it as an achievement. Only in the US conservative neocon whackjob land where mediocrity is valued, does it have no value....

I always thought mediocrity was a talking point of the Obama administration.

Most People?

Most of the 1 Billion people in China who live in abject poverty Care About The Nobel Peace Prize?...well, maybe the do now that the last winner was prevented from accepting his award by their oppressive government. It's unlikely that they CARE about it in the way you think.

The few people who CARE are knee jerk moonbat progressives who believe in World Government - that is not Most People in the world.

I was going to out this in the humor section, but I have to play it straight I guess. I mean why not eh? Tis a noble cause. :eusa_whistle:

OSLO (Reuters) - Anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks has been nominated for the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize, the Norwegian politician behind the proposal said on Wednesday, a day after the deadline for nominations expired.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee accepts nominations for what many consider as the world's top accolade until February 1, although the five panel members have until the end of the month to make their own proposals.

Norwegian parliamentarian Snorre Valen said WikiLeaks was "one of the most important contributors to freedom of speech and transparency" in the 21st century.

"By disclosing information about corruption, human rights abuses and war crimes, WikiLeaks is a natural contender for the Nobel Peace Prize," Valen said.

more at-

I'll take any bets at any odds this fuck gets the prize.

lets see;

He posted stolen info
He didn't endanger himself
He endangered people that help America
He ran from the cops
Is being held prisoner (at a mansion, but held none-the-less)
He's a liberal
And hates America.

He's a friggen shoe in

more at-

lets see;

He posted stolen info
He ran from the cops
He's a liberal
And hates America.

He's a friggen shoe in
Like I said...it's a popularity contest. No actual achievement towards peace is required.

more at-

lets see;

He posted stolen info
He ran from the cops
He's a liberal
And hates America.

He's a friggen shoe in
Like I said...it's a popularity contest. No actual achievement towards peace is required.

Obama got his based off of talking the talk for 11 days.
Sham that he didn't follow through.

Al got it for producing a film full of lies that have been debunked, but he still gets a pass.

lets see;

He posted stolen info
He ran from the cops
He's a liberal
And hates America.

He's a friggen shoe in

Obama got his based off of talking the talk for 11 days.
Sham that he didn't follow through.

Al got it for producing a film full of lies that have been debunked, but he still gets a pass.
Leftists don't care about results. Feeling good is all that matters.

I think you mean where meritocracy is valued.

Forum List

Back