Wikileaks Alcohol industry bribed congress to denounce cannabis

Then its up to government and industry to figure out a test for THC in the bloodstream, and set an intoxication point, similar to BAC.

I've been saying that since the first time I had to pee in a jar more than 20 years ago. Nothing yet

Until now there hasn't been a need to. it was illegal, and all the evidence you needed was trace amounts in your system. With legality comes the need to show someone is impaired at the time of any incident, not that "they got it in their system".

"They got it in their system" is all they have until a real test is developed. I don't want that to change until they do.

The big issue I see is that THC concentrations are probably way lower than alcohol concentrations in the blood, thus requiring a more accurate test. Also, I am not sure you can get the same correlation between blood alcohol (the actual legal measure) and a breathalyzer (a stand in field measurement with no legal backing) for THC. What that does is makes it longer for cops to prove a person may be impaired enough to ship them to the closest place for a blood test, and during that time the THC concentration decreases.

THC is stored in the fat and lasts for weeks. It won't go away after a couple of hours or days. They can check your hair follicles to see if you have smoked for the last month or more.

All well and good for seeing if someone did pot in the last month, but it does nothing for determining if someone is impaired. That requires motor-skill testing of people at various THC blood concentrations (if that can even be measured) and all that data being complied into a set that is reviewed by lawyers for various prosecuting organizations. At that point a cut off is listed, and DW-stoned is established.

Then its up to government and industry to figure out a test for THC in the bloodstream, and set an intoxication point, similar to BAC.

I've been saying that since the first time I had to pee in a jar more than 20 years ago. Nothing yet

Until now there hasn't been a need to. it was illegal, and all the evidence you needed was trace amounts in your system. With legality comes the need to show someone is impaired at the time of any incident, not that "they got it in their system".
That legal or illegal issue would also affect an employer as an insurance risk. So legalizing could possibly drive up the expense to employers (insurance uses anything they can get their mitts on to claim additional risks are involved)

Insurance companies have to assume people may be high already, but I agree they then lose the "it was illegal" out and have to quantify the risk created.

Interesting how one thing affects all sorts of other things.
All those little things do add up. Sad really when you take it all under consideration. It winds up just living day to day is full of all sorts of little bits of bs. People either abusing things or demanding laws against abusers that ultimately effects the ones that are not abusers in a negative way.

True. That's where you have to weigh the likelihood of something happening against the cost of efforts to prevent it. Being high while running equipment has a high likelihood of causing a problem. Being high while behind a counter, not so much.

WikiLeaks: Alcohol Industry Bribed Congress To Denounce Cannabis - Expand your Consciousness

Newly leaked information reveals that officials in some of the top alcohol companies in America spent money on persuading members of Congress to pay attention to the alleged problem of “marijuana-impaired driving.”When one compares the effects of marijuana to alcohol, there really is no competition. To begin with, alcohol is responsible for approximately 88,000 deaths in the United States each year and marijuana… zero.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is totally logical when you think as a business would. Cannabis is becoming a great investment in stocks, it really has been proven to be exceptional medicine. By making it recreationally legal the booze industry would lose billions.

Many people aware of this would rather have a pot head walking around than some drunk jekyl and hyde violent, raping drunk.
Because the reality is people who smoke pot do not get violent and if they do because MSM liars tell you this msm is either totally full of it, or the person also was drinking on top of smoking it. Not to mention the possibility of taking pills.

Pot alone does not cause anything the lying MSM bs ads tell you.

I don't buy the zero.

Driving while high on pot is extremely dangerous and should be treated no differently that drunk driving.
I have no problems driving stoned, but drunk is another story...

Was that you doing 25mph on the freeway?

WikiLeaks: Alcohol Industry Bribed Congress To Denounce Cannabis - Expand your Consciousness

Newly leaked information reveals that officials in some of the top alcohol companies in America spent money on persuading members of Congress to pay attention to the alleged problem of “marijuana-impaired driving.”When one compares the effects of marijuana to alcohol, there really is no competition. To begin with, alcohol is responsible for approximately 88,000 deaths in the United States each year and marijuana… zero.

This is totally logical when you think as a business would. Cannabis is becoming a great investment in stocks, it really has been proven to be exceptional medicine. By making it recreationally legal the booze industry would lose billions.

Many people aware of this would rather have a pot head walking around than some drunk jekyl and hyde violent, raping drunk.
Because the reality is people who smoke pot do not get violent and if they do because MSM liars tell you this msm is either totally full of it, or the person also was drinking on top of smoking it. Not to mention the possibility of taking pills.

I don't buy the zero.

Driving while high on pot is extremely dangerous and should be treated no differently that drunk driving.

I have BIG problems with you being on the road with me when you're stoned, and want you tossed in jail. That you have no care for the lives of others is obvious, but I want our laws to punish those like you who flagrantly endanger others by driving in a diminished capacity.

Thank you so much for all the nice smilies. More please.
6824b8f5e551acb22cd1cc0bd2627901.jpg

I don't buy the zero.

At least 30...They wouldn't let me in the Air Force cause I'd had so many speeding tickets in one month, it was only 9...

"They got it in their system" is all they have until a real test is developed. I don't want that to change until they do.

The big issue I see is that THC concentrations are probably way lower than alcohol concentrations in the blood, thus requiring a more accurate test. Also, I am not sure you can get the same correlation between blood alcohol (the actual legal measure) and a breathalyzer (a stand in field measurement with no legal backing) for THC. What that does is makes it longer for cops to prove a person may be impaired enough to ship them to the closest place for a blood test, and during that time the THC concentration decreases.

THC is stored in the fat and lasts for weeks. It won't go away after a couple of hours or days. They can check your hair follicles to see if you have smoked for the last month or more.

All well and good for seeing if someone did pot in the last month, but it does nothing for determining if someone is impaired. That requires motor-skill testing of people at various THC blood concentrations (if that can even be measured) and all that data being complied into a set that is reviewed by lawyers for various prosecuting organizations. At that point a cut off is listed, and DW-stoned is established.

Great plan. Now you need to convince somebody to do all of that. They haven't seemed to get around to it yet.

I don't buy the zero.

At least 30...They wouldn't let me in the Air Force cause I'd had so many speeding tickets in one month, it was only 9...

No. You're confused again. That wasn't you. That was the beginning of the last Star Trek movie.

Great plan. Now you need to convince somebody to do all of that. They haven't seemed to get around to it yet.

I have a feeling the basic research is out there, I had a classmate in college who was part of some research on pot that was government authorized.

I don't buy the zero.

No. You're confused again. That wasn't you. That was the beginning of the last Star Trek movie.
Where the Enterprise is destroyed?

I have a feeling the basic research is out there, I had a classmate in college who was part of some research on pot that was government authorized.

At this point, it doesn't effect me either way, but they really do need to do that.

They do not allow research on MJ in the USA..My thesis paper in legal research class(1985) was on the admissibility of urine and breath test as evidence, and how it didn't violate your civil rights...

I don't buy the zero.

Did you do that?

Did you do that?
Yeah, I was like lighting a dab and the torch fell off the counter and lit the place up, it is artificial oxygen in there..

Not sure about how everyone else feels but I prefer fully sober people to be around equipment. I do know that some potheads can and have put others at risk on construction sites. If someone want to imbibe that is fine but don't do it when they are situations where they can be putting others at risk with their hobby.

Have you ever seen in real life anyone on pot? Not tv commercials .

Lots. I know two people that had car accidents while high. You are impaired on pot and the same standards should apply as alcohol

Not sure about how everyone else feels but I prefer fully sober people to be around equipment. I do know that some potheads can and have put others at risk on construction sites. If someone want to imbibe that is fine but don't do it when they are situations where they can be putting others at risk with their hobby.

Lots. I knew t people that had car accidents while high. You are impaired on pot and the same standards should apply as alcohol

I knew tons of ppl who smoked it they can function just fine.

They probably had the crap laced with something, and or something you didn't know about. Pills etc.

And no matter what spin ppl try to put onto POT booze is a thousand times worse and it happens on a daily basis where someone kills someone while DUI

Last edited:

Lots. I know two people that had car accidents while high. You are impaired on pot and the same standards should apply as alcohol

I mean this is the bs they feed ppl

upload_2017-2-24_10-30-24.png

GOP Congressman Makes Outrageous Claim About Nuclear Bombs in Marijuana – High Times

Last edited:
Pot users should be removed from the general public, permanently.

People who drink too. Beer, wine, jack daniels all pulled off the shelves and out of the grocery stores. Imagine that selling the number one kills of people in grocery stores. Nothing fishy about that , no money gaining there, no advertising kids to see it and want it, steal it, buy it, easy access to it, end up drunks because mommy and or daddy have a drink each night or a few nights, Assisted in destroying their livers via sorosis of the liver yeah booze is way better.

Forum List

Back